Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim

Go down 
+10
ghost23
TheJubJub5721
RamboOnRedBull
NoelX2
Archduke
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
BioDemon
Mecha
Chobo
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:43 pm

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1196353p2.html

U MAD SKYRIM FANBOYS???

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Where did all this hype for Dark Souls came from?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Oblivion > Demon's Souls

So I'm expecting

Skyrim > Dark Souls

I'll look back on this in a couple of years when my friends and I are still discussing Skyrim and laugh. Also, I loved Demon's Souls, beat it 3 times. But It just doesn't compare to ANY of Bethesda's open world RPG's this gen (Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas).

@Mecha, it's because it comes out in 10-ish days, once Skyrim is released no one will be talking about it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Demon's Souls didn't even sold THAT well. Making multiplat doesn't change a thing. It's still NOT going to top Oblivion.

You can't spell ignorant without IGN.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 pm

If we are talking from a sales perspective then Dark Souls is going to get completely smashed.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php

10 days from release and not even in the top 20? Lawl
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:56 pm

What was that one site that everyone on this site calls IGNorant? The name eludes me . . .
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
Demon's Souls didn't even sold THAT well. Making multiplat doesn't change a thing. It's still NOT going to top Oblivion.

You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

It can definitely top Skyrim quality-wise.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Skyrim is like no other RPG. It will be remember for a long time by millions. Dark Souls? not so much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:58 pm

I'll be getting Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:02 pm

I'll get both.....UMAD FANGIRLS?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Flamebait. IGN does this a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:52 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Flamebait. IGN does this a lot.

Yeah, IGN have been trolling a lot lately =/
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 7:22 pm

This is why IGN is only good for news, most of their editors have no idea what they are talking about. The only person that I considered intelligent there has left the company.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm getting both. I prob put more hours into Dark Souls tho.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:13 pm

By seeing most of the posts I can say Dark Souls is the probably the underrated game at G7.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:52 am

yonny616 wrote:
By seeing most of the posts I can say Dark Souls is the probably the underrated game at G7.

It's not that people think that Dark Souls is a bad or underated game. It's the pure stupidity of the article. Not only is it complete flamebait, but it failed to take into consideration both sides of the argument. When you compare two products, you have to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of both products. All this article did was compare the strengths of Darks Souls with the weaknesses of Skyrim.
IGN completely failed to acknowledge that the fact that Skyrim on PC opens up so many creative opportunities for modding not possible on Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:15 am

^^

Is Skyrim even releasing with mod tools?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:52 am

ghost23 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It's not that people think that Dark Souls is a bad or underated game. It's the pure stupidity of the article. Not only is it complete flamebait, but it failed to take into consideration both sides of the argument. When you compare two products, you have to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of both products. All this article did was compare the strengths of Darks Souls with the weaknesses of Skyrim.
IGN completely failed to acknowledge that the fact that Skyrim on PC opens up so many creative opportunities for modding not possible on Dark Souls.
I know Skyrim on PC has probably endless possibilities. That doesn't change the fact that it seems like everyone here is doubting Dark Souls at being able to be better than Skyrim. I won't lie Oblivion is an awesome game, but most of you here over hyped it. I'm a little interested in Skyrim but only enough to play it at a friends house or rent it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Expectable from IGN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:32 pm

@Yonny, perhaps it felt overhyped to your tastes, but it's mine and several other of my friends (irl and on the interwebz) game of this gen, I didn't overhype it, I was speaking what I truly thought about it.

@Sonji, Mod tools are confirmed to be at release or shortly after.

I doubt Dark Souls is going to come close to Skyrim, especially since I've looked more into it now. This whole argument is going to become null November 11th anyway when nobody is talking about Dark Souls anymore.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 am

The hate TES gets from a few individuals here is astounding.
Back then before I played Oblivion(Which was my first TES game), I used to bash the heck out of TES, until I gave it a try and then got sucked into it, I couldn't get off my Computer.

I'm not trying to justify my overhype for Skyrim, I'm just pointing out that some of you need to play the game before starting to hate on it, that is unless you really don't like TES so that's ok.

BTW what happened to the whole TES VS Dragon Age debate!?
I think the reason why Dark Souls is popular is because of the Punishing Difficulty, nothing more, and as Bio said this argument will become null when Skyrim is released.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim   IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IGN: Dark Souls > Skyrim
Page 1 of 1