Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wii is for casuals

Go down 
+9
igame
Blixtstorm
The Enkindler
IcyMeteor
NoelX2
TheJubJub5721
Franko
Bluenose
Orc
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Wii is for casuals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii is for casuals   Wii is for casuals - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:45 am

igame wrote:
So how many of those games are actually good tho? not bashing, i don't have a wii so i have idea, im more of a Kirby and Donkey Kong person when it comes to Nintendo products. If you wanna play violent gory games the other platforms are probably a better option. Why?

Graphics may not be everything, specially for Mario games and all those classic Nintendo icons, i mean, would u really wanna play with a Mario that looks realistic? lol

But graphics can help a game have more immersion, and its games like LA Noire and Heavy rain that really need to push in that department. Same goes for gory/violent games, take GOW3 for example.

Anyway i was bored and thought i could kill some time typing, im sure my lil rant has flaws so go ahead, point em out and tell me im wrong lol

Well a couple got only 60's and high 50's but some of these are titles like SoulCalibur which got negative reviews because of stuff like the high expectations and the way it's sort of deviates from the traditional SC style.
But quite a few got high ratings like Legend Of Zelda (95), Metroid Trilogy(91), Metroid Corruption or whatever it's called (90something), Resident Evil (91), etc

And I agree with your points that graphics make games immersive. Like, although gow3 bores me to death I admit it feels pretty cinematic at points.
Alan Wake used good graphics mixed with amazing shadow and weather effects to bring about it's immersive experience. That was pretty cool.
But yeah, still you don't need good graphics for hardcore titles. Look at Deadly Premonition. It has some of the worst graphics on xbox, it looks worse than most wii games. It would be better suited to playstation 2 really. But it's a cult classic. Most people who own it think it's amazing.

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Wii is for casuals   Wii is for casuals - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

I think the biggest issue is people don't even know what a casual game is. Hell, I don't even know. It's a buzzword that people slap onto everything and they can't even define it.

I've always wondered why people call games with artistic merit and stylized graphics 'kiddie' because at this point all the mature games are starting to become the norm for kids. Ironic, isn't it?

Wii is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Wii is for casuals   Wii is for casuals - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
I think the biggest issue is people don't even know what a casual game is. Hell, I don't even know. It's a buzzword that people slap onto everything and they can't even define it.

I've always wondered why people call games with artistic merit and stylized graphics 'kiddie' because at this point all the mature games are starting to become the norm for kids. Ironic, isn't it?

Wii is awesome.

Very good point. And tbh some "casual" games, eg: Super Mario, are insanely harder than games like, say, Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii is for casuals   Wii is for casuals - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii is for casuals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2