Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)

Go down 
+13
Chobo
Based Sonji
ghost23
NoelX2
Hydell
Archduke
Stigma
Pizzy3C
yonny616
TheJubJub5721
BioDemon
Mecha
The_Biotic_God
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Campaign:

-"World War 3". The reveal trailer shows that major "WW3" battles will take place in America (New York), England, France, and Germany.
-New playable characters including "Frost" and "Sandman"
-The story takes place immediately after Modern Warfare 2.
-New non-playable characters that have been confirmed so far include Truck and Grunt, who form part of the Delta Force fire team alongside Frost and Sandman.

Game Design:

-It will be using the "IW5" engine (MW2 used "IW4")
-Modern Warfare 3 will run 60 frames per second and the same resolution across consoles.
-Robert Bowling: The game design will be closer to COD4 than MW2.
-Modern Warfare 3 will have more destruction and bigger maps.
-Melee range will be reduced.
-The guns have more "kickback" and when you melee it takes a bit longer to retake out your weapon. See video
-Dual scope magnifier on weapons.
-Sledgehammer Games is co-developing it.
-Dedicated servers for PC confirmed
-Overhauled audio and physics; better lighting.
-Spec Ops: Survival Mode has new AI model.
-Bigger scale battles
-No dive to prone (IMO a useless feature)

Confirmed Weapons:

-AK47
-M4 IW5
-Remington ACR
-AK-74u
-G36 (YAY)
-SCAR Light
-Magful FMG
-MP5
-Skorpion
-AA12
-Model 1887 (NAY!!!)
-Striker
-KSG
-Barret M82
-M14
-RSASS
-P99
-G18

Multiplayer:

-NO COMMANDO
-Reduced splashback damage from grenade launchers and RPGs.
-More emphasis on teamwork.
-Objective game modes will reward people who go for the objective by giving them more XP.
-Spec Ops survival mode
-Call of Duty Elite service officially launching with MW3 and will be integrated to the multiplayer lobby (meaning you can build your COD Elite profile in the game.)
-Robert Bowling: Heavy work has been done to make sure the PS3 version won't have party invite problems.
-Robert Bowling: Dinosaurs will be in MW3. (UPDATE: and turtles too)
-You can play Spec Ops survival mode on ALL multiplayer maps.
-NO NUKES
-No Last Stand/Second Chance.
-No Stopping Power
-No "One Man Army"
-RUMORED Perks and Killstreak rewards Click. Some of them are already confirmed to be bogus. Like the Nuke killstreak reward. UPDATE: It's fake. But there are some pretty good ideas in there.
-Spec Ops: You can buy weapons, attachments, killstreaks, armor and more.
-LEAKED: 32 player MP. Still unsure if it's PC only.
-LEAKED: 13 Maps: Carbon, Coast, Dome, Exchange, Hardhat, Interchange, Lambeth, Meteora, Mogadishu, Paris, Plaza, Radar and Seatown.

Spec Ops trailer analysis:

*I will constantly update this thread with new information until MW3 is launches. confirmed

Last edited by Alanski on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 pm

No Zombie mode, no buy.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
No Zombie mode, no buy.

I'd wait for the next Craparch...I mean Treyarch game. Seriously though Spec Ops survival will be better because the AI actually can shoot back and will most likely be smarter than the dumb (and ironically fitting zombie-like) AI in Nazi Zombies.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:44 pm

The survival mode looks interesting. I will rent Mw3 and try it out.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Meh...
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:05 pm

My little brother is buying it, and I'm getting BF3. 8)
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Yay!!! A solid 60fps on PS3 may be an empty promise but it looks great nonetheless... I like the statement that it will be closer to cod4 than mw2... Knife range reduced is not that great of a statement, the only thing I want to hear about melee is Auto lock melee has been taken out of the game. I also don't like the bigger maps quote, bigger maps mean less individual skill...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:07 pm

It sounds amazing! But I know they'll fuck it up somehow...they always do. Neutral

I liked the dive feature, not because of the dive itself, but because it made drop shotting less "flexible", that shit is fucking cheap as hell.

Pizzy3C wrote:
Yay!!! A solid 60fps on PS3 may be an empty promise but it looks great nonetheless... I like the statement that it will be closer to cod4 than mw2... Knife range reduced is not that great of a statement, the only thing I want to hear about melee is Auto lock melee has been taken out of the game. I also don't like the bigger maps quote, bigger maps mean less individual skill...

...LOL! Are you being sarcastic?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:12 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
It sounds amazing! But I know they'll fuck it up somehow...they always do. Neutral

I liked the dive feature, not because of the dive itself, but because it made drop shotting less "flexible", that shit is fucking cheap as hell.

Pizzy3C wrote:

I kind of agree with him.

I think bigger maps would lead to more snipers which leads to a weapon class dominance.. Bigger maps only make sense in battlefield since that game has vehicles. IMO the map sizes wasn't an issue in MW2..And yea I know what you mean. It's usually the features that they DON'T announce that break their games. Hopefully we won't have another gaming breaking exploit in MW3 like MW2 did with One Man Army noobtubes and commando.

Quote :
Yay!!! A solid 60fps on PS3 may be an empty promise but it looks great nonetheless...

MW2 performance was pretty close on both platforms even in campaign. I definitely know it will perform better than Black Ops.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Epic narration voice!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:24 pm

It's worth a rent to me. Why buy it when the GOTY comes out 4 days later. I just don't like COD anymore. I will like the campaign, though. I'm waiting for BF3, anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:30 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
It's worth a rent to me. Why buy it when the GOTY comes out 4 days later. I just don't like COD anymore. I will like the campaign, though. I'm waiting for BF3, anyway.
'

Which is?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Phyuck Yiu wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
'

Which is?

R U KIDDING ME BRAH???

TES V: SKYRIM
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:37 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
'

Which is?

R U KIDDING ME BRAH???

There are alot of games that come out on November so I didn't know which game you meant Razz.

Oh and by your logic we should only buy the GOTY every year and nothing else....MW3 and Skyrim are completely different games so they both would serve a place in your game collection, but hey get whatever you want bro.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Phyuck Yiu wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
'

Which is?

R U KIDDING ME BRAH???

There are alot of games that come out on November so I didn't know which game you meant Razz.

Oh and by your logic we should only buy the GOTY every year and nothing else....MW3 and Skyrim are completely different games so they both would serve a place in your game collection, but hey get whatever you want bro.

Sorry, Battlefield 3, a MUCH BETTER game has that spot already.

BTW, lets get back on topic now before jubjub comes in.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:44 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
'

Which is?

R U KIDDING ME BRAH???

No, Uncharted 3 is GOTY. Skyrim will be RPG GOTY.

Last edited by yonny616 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error.)
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:05 am

Sorry but CoD has fucked me over way too many times and it will never be able to offer me anything that Battlefield doesnt already do better imo.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 am

yonny616 wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
'

Which is?

R U KIDDING ME BRAH???

No, Uncharted 3 is GOTY. Skyrim will be RPG GOTY.

I strongly disagree but let's stay on topic.

Quote :
Sorry but CoD has fucked me over way too many times and it will never be able to offer me anything that Battlefield doesnt already do better imo.

I like the weapons in CoD alot better than the weapons in battlefield.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 am

Models.....?
HOW ARE THEY SO FUCKING STRONG IF THEY ARE FROM LIKE THE LATE 1800S!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:38 am

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Models.....?

I hate the models in MW2 so fucking much. There better not be akimbo models.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 am

Phyuck Yiu wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Models.....?

I loved those :3 that and commando plus the infinite sprint. I would piss some 12 year olds off so much XD
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:14 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Models.....?

I loved those :3 that and commando plus the infinite sprint. I would piss some 12 year olds off so much XD

I'd hate to play Call of Duty with you.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 am

Phyuck Yiu wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Models.....?

CoD is fucked as is. I am there to make it worse XD unless in Zombies, I am serious when I play zombies...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Phyuck Yiu wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Models.....?

CoD is fucked as is. I am there to make it worse XD unless in Zombies, I am serious when I play zombies...

I wouldn't be surprised if MW3 has it's own issues but come on. I'd think they would learn from their mistakes considering all the backlash MW2 got. And Black Ops is MUCH better balance wise than MW2. I seriously doubt MW3 would fuck up as bad as MW2.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:17 am

BlackStigma wrote:

Pizzy3C wrote:

Not at all sarcastic... They've patched the knife lunge in Black Ops, twice I think, and it's still overpowered and frustrating. Just cause they say they're decreasing it doesn't mean it will be that drastic... They might just be decreasing it from a commando lunge :/

Bigger maps=Less individual skill, especially in 4v4 environments.

@Alan mw2 was pretty nice on PS3... But that was before they Activsion signed that contract with MS. Which is still why I think Black Ops was horrible on ps3 compared to the other systems...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)   Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 3 Information. (360/PS3/PC)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next