Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free PSP Apps and Games!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Free PSP Apps and Games! Empty
PostSubject: Free PSP Apps and Games!   Free PSP Apps and Games! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 am

Awesome homebrew games and apps you NEED

MHU Free Store
Free PSP Apps and Games! 0
This is a nice app to start with if you are new to the homebrew scene. Simply launch it, make an account (takes a second) and then start browsing the store and download homebrew that interests you.
It has a nice user friendly interface and it's well worth getting.

QUAKE FOR PSP
Free PSP Apps and Games! Psp-quake-easy-installer
Free PSP Apps and Games! Quake1
A stable port of the old classic game.

NAZI ZOMBIES PORTABLE
Free PSP Apps and Games! NzpFinalBoxart
I couldn't find any screens that did it justice. This homebrew game is incredible. Okay it only has 4 maps but it also has 4 game mode types, incredible handheld visuals (its most likely the best looking homebrew game) and great solid gameplay. Unfortunately you may experience crashes and low framerates occasionally .

LAMECRAFT
Free PSP Apps and Games! 2aaafwn
Free PSP Apps and Games! Pic0020i
If you like Minecraft or Fortress Craft, Lamecraft wont let you down. It's still a little underdeveloped but it has the core gameplay running on the psp and it's very stable and you can just let your creativity flow on to go :)
Excellent homebrew game

CSPORTABLE
Free PSP Apps and Games! 20080818_CSPortable_v0.79_(PSP_Game)
Free PSP Apps and Games! 21901_csportable
I have not been able to find the latest version of this but this project is pretty decent. The version I played did have rather minecraft-looking block character models unfortunately but I have to say, it is pretty decent.

KUROK
Free PSP Apps and Games! 20080603_Kurok_v0.2_(Demo)_(PSP_Game)
Free PSP Apps and Games! Sshot13
Free PSP Apps and Games! Sshot02
A turok style game based on the quake engine for psp. Pretty decent shooter with dinosaurs and multiplayer too :3

SOLITUDE
Free PSP Apps and Games! Hpsho320
Free PSP Apps and Games! Snap099
Free PSP Apps and Games! 52690810
It is a shame they abandoned this project, it was truly becoming an incredible homebrew title. They had a fantastic team behind it. Ah well, you can still play the unfinished version and it's pretty damn good.

CSPSP
Free PSP Apps and Games! Cspsp5fh5
Free PSP Apps and Games! 23796_snap0017
I know what you are thinking... WTF IS THIS SHIT?
It is a top down, 2d version of Counter Strike. But don't let this put you off it. The game is surprisingly well made. The movement and method of control works well, the gameplay is actually very addictive and well executed. I would have preferred if they used some 3D models because I sometimes get confused between the wall and floor. Aside from that, check this out!

I will add to this if people are interested Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Free PSP Apps and Games!   Free PSP Apps and Games! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:58 am

Actually, there was a DS Halo game in development. IGN were the only ones to get there hands on it. The project was scrapped after a legal dispute with Nintendo and Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Free PSP Apps and Games!   Free PSP Apps and Games! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:40 pm

So i guess that homebrew games are non profit modded kind of indie games?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Free PSP Apps and Games!   Free PSP Apps and Games! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:44 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Actually, there was a DS Halo game in development. IGN were the only ones to get there hands on it. The project was scrapped after a legal dispute with Nintendo and Microsoft.

Seriously? That's stupid of Bungie to start making a game for a nintendo system when Microsoft owns the rights Razz

Toxicmaniac wrote:
So i guess that homebrew games are non profit modded kind of indie games?

Sort of.
They are just anything that has been created by indie developers. Sometimes ports, sometimes games based off already existing engines or sometimes completely unique projects.
And yeah, generally non-profit. How nice of them :3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Free PSP Apps and Games!   Free PSP Apps and Games! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Lykos wrote:
Lol actually the reason i knew it was non-profit is because most of those games seem to use the logo and brandname of other huge franchises like portal and halo. Which is allowed as long its non-profit and small. Razz
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Free PSP Apps and Games!   Free PSP Apps and Games! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Lol actually the reason i knew it was non-profit is because most of those games seem to use the logo and brandname of other huge franchises like portal and halo. Which is allowed as long its non-profit and small. Razz

Never knew that. To be honest if I owned a franchise, I would be honored for people to make games under the same name. But of course I wouldn't be okay with them making money out of my creation so I can understand that. But it has to be "small"? What kind of laws or rules do people have to abide by? Is there a size limit or something along those lines? :what:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free PSP Apps and Games!   Free PSP Apps and Games! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free PSP Apps and Games!
Page 1 of 1