Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony's weird new handheld

Go down 
5 posters

Will you get the PS portal
Yes
Sony's weird new handheld  I_vote_lcap50%Sony's weird new handheld  I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
no
Sony's weird new handheld  I_vote_lcap25%Sony's weird new handheld  I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Undecided
Sony's weird new handheld  I_vote_lcap25%Sony's weird new handheld  I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Viv94
Peon
Peon
Viv94

Stature : 5
La France

Sony's weird new handheld  Empty
PostSubject: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 1:29 am

Sony's weird new handheld  Ps-por11

I'd like to post a link but I'm not allowed. Even though I signed up 7 years ago I still have to wait...

Surprised there isn't already a thread for this. The PlayStation Portal just looks like a small screen shoved between two broken halves of a dual sense controller. Seems pretty cool for remote play, but 220 € is just abusive. Might pick it up on sale though.

Anyone else planning on grabbing one? What are your thoughts on it?

Angel EDIT: PlayStation Portal
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Sony's weird new handheld  QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 1:29 am

The member 'Viv94' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Shigdig' :
Sony's weird new handheld  LeqxtHD
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Viv94
Peon
Peon
Viv94

La France

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 1:30 am

Wtf?! I just did the option to see what it was, but that was NOT what I expected
Back to top Go down
Weird_One
Background Character
Background Character
Weird_One

Playing : Starfield

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 6:46 pm

WiFi only too, for remote play. Still need a PS5.

Hopefully Microsoft releases a Gamepass version soon.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 4:06 am

I'm interested actually. I think I'll pick it up one day.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony's weird new handheld  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 12:07 pm

I'll probably pick one up too if it ever goes on sale. Remote Play on Mobile isn't my favorite, and the PS5 doesn't support remote play on Vita. I think it'll be a great way to play osme classics like those Final Fantasy pixel remasters.

A bit disappointing that it can't do games without remote play, would be cool to at least have PS one games on it. The Vita is still the best way to play those
Back to top Go down
Weird_One
Background Character
Background Character
Weird_One

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 5:03 pm

Just get a Series X. It's not even half the price of a new GPU lol. Retail graphics cards are a scam.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 11:05 am

Angelus wrote:
I'll probably pick one up too if it ever goes on sale. Remote Play on Mobile isn't my favorite, and the PS5 doesn't support remote play on Vita. I think it'll be a great way to play osme classics like those Final Fantasy pixel remasters.

A bit disappointing that it can't do games without remote play, would be cool to at least have PS one games on it. The Vita is still the best way to play those

I'm sad traditional handheld consoles are a thing of the past now. There is something charming about the design of handheld games. I'm not really interested in trying to fight a Dark Souls boss on a handheld.

Angelus and Weird_One like this post

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 12:51 pm

Stigma wrote:
Angelus wrote:

I'm sad traditional handheld consoles are a thing of the past now. There is something charming about the design of handheld games. I'm not really interested in trying to fight a Dark Souls boss on a handheld.
Same. It's tragic. I feel like mobile was supposed to replace it, but it's not the same and the games kinda suck.

At least the Vita is still playable.
Back to top Go down
Weird_One
Background Character
Background Character
Weird_One

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 5:15 pm

I grew up on the DS, so I definitely understand the nostalgia. My grades in school would have been much better without it though.
Back to top Go down
Viv94
Peon
Peon
Viv94

La France

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm

Handhelds were a way of life. Most friends I made in school was cause I gave them lvl 99 pidgeys. In those days we needed to touch game boys (sorry children) or use special cables that always seemed to break, but we were happy. These days kids just watch TikToks, they're missing out on all the nice things we had and turning into goldfish.
Back to top Go down
Weird_One
Background Character
Background Character
Weird_One

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2023 7:21 pm

Viv94 wrote:
Handhelds were a way of life. Most friends I made in school was cause I gave them lvl 99 pidgeys. In those days we needed to touch game boys (sorry children) or use special cables that always seemed to break, but we were happy. These days kids just watch TikToks, they're missing out on all the nice things we had and turning into goldfish.

Christ, how old are you?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 9:19 am

It's out next week but $270 in Canada, might pick up if it goes on sale...

My walls are made of metal so WiFi based things don't always work great, wish I could rent one from blockbuster to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony's weird new handheld    Sony's weird new handheld  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony's weird new handheld
Page 1 of 1