Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X Empty
PostSubject: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 7:13 pm

Major leak reveals upcoming Xbox Series X refresh 'Brooklin'

Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X Xbox_s10

They're slightly improving some specs and removing the 4k disc drive, while bragging about the "same great price." Also I think the controller has wifi? It connects directly to the cloud.
Back to top Go down
Weird_One
Background Character
Background Character
Weird_One

Stature : 5
Playing : Starfield

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 7:50 pm

Does anyone even buy discs anymore? I've been purely digital since Xbox One, I don't need discs taking up space for the rest of my life lol

Also the controller is bussin, no cap Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X 2577594058 Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X 2577594058
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 12:19 pm

Game Discs aren't as useful as they used to be cause of day one updates, but I still prefer them. It's nice having a physical version of a game that I can own or sell if I want to. 

Movie discs are and always have been the best way to enjoy a film outside of a movie theater. All the extra content, special releases you get are awesome. Plus, digital versions sometimes have weird cuts, so you aren't watching the same movie as everyone else. I like to cancel my streaming services when I don't use them, so movie discs are a better value for me.
Back to top Go down
Weird_One
Background Character
Background Character
Weird_One

Playing : Starfield

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 5:07 pm

Movies I understand though I'd rather just pay a little bit and have access to everything but games make no sense. The game isn't even on the disc any more. It's basically just a license, you still need to copy the entire game to the console.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 11:09 am

I don't buy physical games anymore unless they are significantly cheaper for some reason. If it lowers the price of the console and makes it smaller I guess it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Peon
Peon
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:23 pm

I was always a proponent of physical CDs because I saw value in trying to protect the artwork, nostalgia, culture of in-person purchases, and retail businesses associated with them. But in my attempt to get the PS5 early after release (when it was incredibly difficult to do so), I could only get my hands on the digital version. But looking back now, I can't imagine sacrificing the convenience digital downloads provides. Alas, things change as they always will. Hey, at least it is better for the environment.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Peon
Peon
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:27 pm

P.S. that router looking ass design is ugly af
Back to top Go down
Viv94
Peon
Peon
Viv94

La France

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 9:55 pm

I think next gen everything will be digital, especially with how this gen is going. Xbox getting rid of disc drive, PS5 going external, PCs never have disc drives unless you buy an official XBNUiGh-branded one on Amazon...

Nintendo might be the only exception.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 8:55 am

Teckno wrote:
P.S. that router looking ass design is ugly af

Microsoft is obsessed with making things ugly. The 360 was the last Xbox console that looked presentable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X   Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox to remove disc drive from cylindrical Series X
Page 1 of 1