Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bioware joins the Hacking victims

Go down 
+8
Chobo
Stoney
Bluenose
Franko
Mecha
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
The Enkindler
12 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Bioware joins the Hacking victims Empty
PostSubject: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Quote :
Yesterday (June 14), we learned that a hacker gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare community server system associated with the Neverwinter Nights forums. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers' data and launched an ongoing evaluation of the seriousness of the breach. We have determined that no credit card data was compromised, nor did we ever have or store sensitive data like social security numbers. However hackers may have obtained information such as user account names and passwords, email addresses, and birth dates of approximately 18,000 accounts—a very small percentage of total users. We have emailed those whose accounts may have been compromised and either disabled their accounts or reset their EA Account passwords. If you did not receive an email from us, or if your password still works for your EA account, your username and password were not compromised. Nevertheless, changing your password regularly is always helpful to protect your account.

We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. If your username, email address and/or password on the Neverwinter Nights forums are similar to those you use on other sites, we recommend changing your password at those sites as well. We advise all of our fans to always be aware of any suspicious emails or account activity and report any suspicious emails and account activity to Customer Support at 1-866-543-5435.

Bioware joins the Hacking victims 1443829230 Bioware joins the Hacking victims 1443829230 Bioware joins the Hacking victims 1443829230 Bioware joins the Hacking victims 1443829230 Bioware joins the Hacking victims 1443829230

http://kotaku.com/5812498/bioware-hacked-18000-accounts-compromised
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Too fucking far...

EDIT: Sadly this had to be my 2000th post XD

Last edited by TheJubJub5721 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:16 pm

Eventually all the devs will unite to counter hack them. It's only a matter of time when we see even friggen Activision and EA working together to take down the hackers.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Bioware joins the Hacking victims R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Okay, this is getting out of control...
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Alanski wrote:
Eventually all the devs will unite to counter hack them. It's only a matter of time when we see even friggen Activision and EA working together to take down the hackers.

Imagine imagine
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Retards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Thank God I've never used a credit card with the e-mail addresses I use for forums and such. These hackers are nothing but thieves. Dirty, rotten scumbags.

Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Bioware joins the Hacking victims 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Called It.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Ok now they have crossed the line, but it will be funny to see that people wont bitch at BioWare for having outdated security but will glady pile the hate onto Sony...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Reaper wrote:
Ok now they have crossed the line, but it will be funny to see that people wont bitch at BioWare for having outdated security but will glady pile the hate onto Sony...

Bioware doesn't host an online service now do they?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Lol that just proved Reapers point Bioware joins the Hacking victims 2505020059
It doesnt matter if your security is outdated or not, no1 is 100% secure.
And when they hack you, you are the bitch, no matter if you are at fault.
the only one i really blame are the hackers. Could someone pls arrest them?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Bioware doesn't host an online service now do they?

You're right. They run an insecure database eye roll
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 pm

I don't speak for everyone, but the reason why I was mad at Sony getting hacked was because it directly affected my game experience. Bioware getting hacked doesn't mean no more Mass Effect...
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Thats fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bioware joins the Hacking victims   Bioware joins the Hacking victims I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bioware joins the Hacking victims
Page 1 of 1