Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.

Go down 
+14
Mecha
Shigdig
joe11akajaffyjoe
Stoney
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
BioDemon
Based Sonji
yonny616
ghost23
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Blixtstorm
The_Biotic_God
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 am

Universe wrote:
Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:
It would look famazing if the AA was a bit better. I can't say it's on par with Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 because it's difficult to compare a game with practically zero character models to games that are full of 'em. How can you say a car looks better than a person or vice-versa? The only thing that can really be compared is the lighting, environments, etc., but there's a lot you can't compare.

Forza games have 2xAA. Gears of War 3 has no AA. And Uncharted 3 has some weird ass edge blur system. Of those games Forza 4 will be the only one to have real AA I love you
Actually, Uncharted 3 uses MLAA.

It uses a custom solution, not MLAA.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 am

Alanski wrote:
Universe wrote:
Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:
It would look famazing if the AA was a bit better. I can't say it's on par with Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 because it's difficult to compare a game with practically zero character models to games that are full of 'em. How can you say a car looks better than a person or vice-versa? The only thing that can really be compared is the lighting, environments, etc., but there's a lot you can't compare.

Forza games have 2xAA. Gears of War 3 has no AA. And Uncharted 3 has some weird ass edge blur system. Of those games Forza 4 will be the only one to have real AA I love you
Actually, Uncharted 3 uses MLAA.

It uses a custom solution, not MLAA.
No, you must be thinking of edge detection blur-fliter. That solution is usually used in low budget games like LEGO: Star Wars. Uncharted 2 used 2xAA, but for some reason they switched. It was on a website. If I find the link again I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:45 pm

joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
Mecha wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
I hope forza 5 goes against Gran tursirmo 6 to see who's the true top racing game

That would be suicide.
Yeah on a sells aspect, but as an overall game and it's quality forza can beat gran tursimo and take some of their supporters.
No it can't beat GT in quality. It got lucky the first time because Sony told PD to put 3D in GT5 and that took some time away from other stuff like car developments and quality of race tracks. Also PD were trying to get everything even the little details on cars and on race tracks, and trying to get licensing from every car manufacture they could and all those take time to do considering they have a little over 1,000 cars(I think 1,031 not sure).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:25 pm

yonny616 wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
Mecha wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
I hope forza 5 goes against Gran tursirmo 6 to see who's the true top racing game

That would be suicide.
Yeah on a sells aspect, but as an overall game and it's quality forza can beat gran tursimo and take some of their supporters.
No it can't beat GT in quality. It got lucky the first time because Sony told PD to put 3D in GT5 and that took some time away from other stuff like car developments and quality of race tracks. Also PD were trying to get everything even the little details on cars and on race tracks, and trying to get licensing from every car manufacture they could and all those take time to do considering they have a little over 1,000 cars(I think 1,031 not sure).
Maybe it will beat GT in quality maybe it won't. Its to early to already call a winner.

HALO 6 WILL BEAT KILLZONE 5
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
Mecha wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:

That would be suicide.
Maybe it will beat GT in quality maybe it won't. Its to early to already call a winner.

I'm not talking about Forza 4 vs GT5 since they were both released a year apart which gives the competition sometime to put features that people liked from GT5 on to Forza 4(or the same way with Forza 3 and GT5). I'm talking about the two titles releasing simultaneously(Like two weeks apart).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 am

yonny616 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
Mecha wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:

That would be suicide.

I'm not talking about Forza 4 vs GT5 since they were both released a year apart which gives the competition sometime to put features that people liked from GT5 on to Forza 4(or the same way with Forza 3 and GT5). I'm talking about the two titles releasing simultaneously(Like two weeks apart).
I wasn't talking about forza 4 vs GT5 either. I was talking about the fact that you can't predict which game will be better in the future no matter if they release at the same time or a year later. Anyone that thinks that is just heavily bias for one or the other.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
Mecha wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:

That would be suicide.

I wasn't talking about forza 4 vs GT5 either. I was talking about the fact that you can't predict which game will be better in the future no matter if they release at the same time or a year later. Anyone that thinks that is just heavily bias for one or the other.

Very true.

yonny616 you seem to take Sony's side no matter what most of the time, i can understand that you like them, but come on bro Razz

Giving PD excuses for why their games lacked "quality" is a bit too much, they had a lot of time to work on it, maybe they did have some problems,
and maybe they do have some excuses, but every developers goes through hard times. Turn 10 studios had to work hard to be where they are now.
I'm sure GT will beat Forza in terms of sales, but i can't really be so sure when it comes to content.

Don't get me wrong, i love GT5 and i still play it, but it really does seem like an incomplete game.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:18 pm

I heard that Asklon is in this game, they are a fictional company from the Halo universe that makes warthogs. Though this is something I just see everywhere, this seems to come from a Forza 4 video showing the Asklon logo. That would be sweet to drive Halo vehicles in this game.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:55 am

I read this youtube comment, is it true? cuz i wouldn't know

Quote :
Will Forza 4 have night racing? no? Gran Turismo 1 had it. Fail

Will Forza 4 have Rally? no? Gran Turismo 2 had it.Fail

Will Forza 4 have more than 700 cars? no? Gran Turismo 4 had it. Fail

Will Forza 4 have a F1 cars? no? Gran turismo 4 had it. Fail.

Will Forza 4 have 1031 cars, Nascar, Go karts, official F1 cars, course maker, Dynamic weather, Day and night cicle, and compatibility with good wheels? no? Gran Turismo simply has it. EPIC FAIL
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 am

igame wrote:

Quote :

Will Forza 4 have 1031 cars, Nascar, Go karts, official F1 cars, course maker, Dynamic weather, Day and night cicle, and compatibility with good wheels? no? Gran Turismo simply has it. EPIC FAIL

That's actually true :/
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:14 am

^
This may just seem like I'm defending Forza 4, but is it really necessary for any racing game to have 1031 cars? You really don't need all of them and Dan Greenawalt put it perfectly. The majority of players pick the few cars that they enjoy and they stick to it for the majority of their playing experience.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:02 am

igame wrote:

Quote :

That is true but it didn't seem to stop the majority from liking forza 3 over gran turismo 5. So i guess it kinda pointless to have these features in it. I mean fucking NASCAR? Night driving?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:45 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
igame wrote:

Quote :

That is true but it didn't seem to stop the majority from liking forza 3 over gran turismo 5. So i guess it kinda pointless to have these features in it. I mean fucking NASCAR? Night driving?

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 1443829230

Toxic, i'm usually with you, but this time you're just being ignorant. Razz

First of all, the MAJORITY of people DON'T prefer Forza motorsport 3, that's just youtube and xbox fans.

And saying NASCAR and night driving is pointless? lolwut :/ You do realize that Turn 10 are BRAGGING about having day/noon time races for the first time, right?
Which is WORSE than having night races...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:51 am

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
igame wrote:

Quote :

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 1443829230

Toxic, i'm usually with you, but this time you're just being ignorant. Razz

First of all, the MAJORITY of people DON'T prefer Forza motorsport 3, that's just youtube and xbox fans.

And saying NASCAR and night driving is pointless? lolwut :/ You do realize that Turn 10 are BRAGGING about having day/noon time races for the first time, right?
Which is WORSE than having night races...
Actually the majority does prefer forza. Just look at polls, comparisons, reviews. And well as for nascar....HERP IM MAKING A TURN TO TEH LEFT.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Actually the majority does prefer forza. Just look at polls, comparisons, reviews. And well as for nascar....HERP IM MAKING A TURN TO TEH LEFT.

Worldwide Total Sales

Forza Motorsport 3: 4.91
Gran Turismo 5: 6.45

You would think that if the majority of people prefer Forza more, it would at least sold more.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:34 am

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Worldwide Total Sales

Forza Motorsport 3: 4.91
Gran Turismo 5: 6.45

You would think that if the majority of people prefer Forza more, it would at least sold more.

THIS

Also, just like I said, it's mostly Xbox fans bragging.

Plus, you said that reviewers prefer Forza 3? LOL!

Do you even READ the ACTUAL reviews? BOTH GameSpot and IGN said, and I quote "GT5 is the BEST DRIVING SIMULATOR out there, just too bad that it's hold back by it's off-racing."

Don't believe me? Check out their reviews for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:32 pm

ghost23 wrote:
^
This may just seem like I'm defending Forza 4, but is it really necessary for any racing game to have 1031 cars? You really don't need all of them and Dan Greenawalt put it perfectly. The majority of players pick the few cars that they enjoy and they stick to it for the majority of their playing experience.

Yeah, but it's always nice to know that you have all those other cars at your disposal.

Personally though, I only use the Lambo and the Audi cars.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
^

Yeah, but it's always nice to know that you have all those other cars at your disposal.

GT5's list is not very satisfying for a lot of people. PD is obviously biased because they are Japanese but come on! 10% of the cars are Mazda. There are over 100 hondas, Over 100 Nissan GTRs, about a 100 toyota's......etc...

And guess how many Ferrari's there are? 12. How many Lamborghini's? 5-6 (only one of them getting the premium treatment). Don't believe me? See the list for yourself.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-official-car-list/

Each game has their pros and cons. GT has (to me) always been about having a huge variety of modes/events and has some of the best tracks in a racing game. Forza has always had the best variety of super cars and the best customization.

Now if everyone can just STFU about GT5 already and stay on topic that would be great.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Alanski wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
^

GT5's list is not very satisfying for a lot of people. PD is obviously biased because they are Japanese but come on! 10% of the cars are Mazda. There are over 100 hondas, Over 100 Nissan GTRs, about a 100 toyota's......etc...

And guess how many Ferrari's there are? 12. How many Lamborghini's? 5-6 (only one of them getting the premium treatment). Don't believe me? See the list for yourself.

Each game has their pros and cons. GT has (to me) always been about having a huge variety of modes/events and has some of the best tracks in a racing game. Forza has always had the best variety of super cars and the best customization.

Now if everyone can just STFU about GT5 already and stay on topic that would be great.
What? Alan, all the of the lamborghini's that you buy are premium not just one.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:37 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
^

What? Alan, all the of the lamborghini's that you buy are premium not just one.

The Lamborghini Countach, the Countach LP40, and the NOMAD Diablo GT-1 are standard. But yea I stand corrected there are still 3-4 more Lamborghini's that are actually premium.

Anyways, that wasn't really the point. Let's get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:02 pm

this looks better then GT5 already
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 pm

I heard that GT5 has a Lot more cars than this game. Is this true?

Yes I know it's a pyro video.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:10 am

500 hundred PREMIUM CARS, GT 5 has like what? 200 hundred premium cars and the rest are just upscaled PS2 cars?

We all know you're a fan of Pyro, Duke, it's obvious.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 am

Stoney wrote:
500 hundred PREMIUM CARS, GT 5 has like what? 200 hundred premium cars and the rest are just upscaled PS2 cars?

Not to mention that all the cars in autovista have higher amounts of detail than anything seen in GT5.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:44 am

Stoney wrote:

lmao. Even if Pyro committed suicide, I would not give a fuck about him. Most of his vids are terrible and he has no social life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next