Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.

Go down 
+14
Mecha
Shigdig
joe11akajaffyjoe
Stoney
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
BioDemon
Based Sonji
yonny616
ghost23
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Blixtstorm
The_Biotic_God
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. Empty
PostSubject: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Feature list:

-80+ Manufacturers
-500+ Cars (All cars will have cockpit views) with 800,000 polygons per car.
-Select Cars will have auto-vista mode (where you can walk around the car)
-All new graphics engine with incredible lighting and shader effects
-Up to 16 players on the track and online.
-In career mode the amount of cars per track is based off of the event
-Top Gear
-Kinect integration*
-You will be able to import some of your stuff from FM3 to FM4.
-AI that will shift the difficulty dynamically depending on the player's skill.
-Dynamic times of day (Night racing confirmed?)
-New Physics model
-Runs at 60 frames per second
-Customization/Painting features of Forza 3 expanded on.

Kinect*:

-Can play the game completely with Kinect.
-Can hyperlink to specific categories on the Forza 4 menu with Kinect.
-Headtracking in cockpit mode.

*Kinect sold separately Razz.

Additional deets:

Blixtstorm wrote:
-Light engine based on PBL, Picture Based Lighting. Rather then running separate light engines the car receives the light from the surroundings. Commonly found in CGI movies, for example Avatar.
-New speed effect when racing.
-Exhaust backfires and improved effects from engines.
-Tire psychics from Pirelli, based on custom testings.

-Every car in Autovista will have a commentary by Jeremy Clarkson.
-Top Gear track will be playable aswell as the reasonably priced car: Kia Cee'd.

-16 player races and new trackday races with unlimited amount of cars.
-Rivals Mode, where you can challenge another player for times. You will receive a bounty for winning.
-Clubs, you can create your own club with friends. And lend cars to each other, tune them and paint.

-More enfranchizes on muscle cars and normal cars.
-Some Special cars will be treated differently because they are special, for example: McLaren F1 or the Bugatti Veyron. They will be added to Autovista.
-During leveling of the player level you will receive cars, but you get to choose the car and DLC cars will be implemented in to the mix aswell.
-Single Player modes will be added: time trials, track days, drifting and drag racing.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/forza4.aspx

Can't wait!!

Last edited by Alanski on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:05 pm

Night driving. O my god once my friends hear's about that they will cream themself under. O___O
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Night driving. O my god once my friends hear's about that they will cream themself under. O___O

Blixt is giving me some doubts. He said the alternate time of day doesn't include night times? Uhhh
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 pm

-Light engine based on PBL, Picture Based Lighting. Rather then running separate light engines the car receives the light from the surroundings. Commonly found in CGI movies, for example Avatar.
-New speed effect when racing.
-Exhaust backfires and improved effects from engines.
-Tire psychics from Pirelli, based on custom testings.

-Every car in Autovista will have a commentary by Jeremy Clarkson.
-Top Gear track will be playable aswell as the reasonably priced car: Kia Cee'd.

-16 player races and new trackday races with unlimited amount of cars.
-Rivals Mode, where you can challenge another player for times. You will receive a bounty for winning.
-Clubs, you can create your own club with friends. And lend cars to each other, tune them and paint.

-More enfranchizes on muscle cars and normal cars.
-Some Special cars will be treated differently because they are special, for example: McLaren F1 or the Bugatti Veyron. They will be added to Autovista.
-During leveling of the player level you will receive cars, but you get to choose the car and DLC cars will be implemented in to the mix aswell.
-Single Player modes will be added: time trials, track days, drifting and drag racing.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Shit fuck. Gotta pick this up too.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:31 pm

If I had a 360, I'd buy this shit day one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:31 am

I honestly can't believe how incredible the visuals are. When Turn10 said that they are aiming to be the best looking game of this year, I thought that was impossible, but now it looks that it could be a reality.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:25 am

Limited Collector's Edition:

Bundled together in a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content will include the following:

The VIP Car Pack:
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Noble M600
2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT-8
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. FM4-LCE-Art_1

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/LCE_ForzaMotorsport4/
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

Still not better than GT5! lol Jk looks great.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Limited Collector's Edition:

Bundled together in a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content will include the following:

The VIP Car Pack:
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Noble M600
2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT-8
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. FM4-LCE-Art_1

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/LCE_ForzaMotorsport4/

God dammit!!! I can't afford Forza 4 this year so it looks like I'll miss out on the collector's edition.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I honestly can't believe how incredible the visuals are. When Turn10 said that they are aiming to be the best looking game of this year, I thought that was impossible, but now it looks that it could be a reality.

Epic Games and Naughty Dog probably have something to say about that statement.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Um? No they don't. Their visuals look stylized and really artistic compared to the realism that Turn10 is trying to put with Forza 4's graphics. I know for a fact Forza 4 will look better, but that's because it's a racing game so it's not going to be as resource heavy as UC3/Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:04 am

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. E3-2011-forza-4-screens-20110606114032161

I would say on par with Uncharted 3 and Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:05 am

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. E3-2011-forza-4-screens-20110606114032161

I would say on par with Uncharted 3 and Gears 3.
FUCKING CHRIST! That looks famazing.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 pm

It would look famazing if the AA was a bit better. I can't say it's on par with Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 because it's difficult to compare a game with practically zero character models to games that are full of 'em. How can you say a car looks better than a person or vice-versa? The only thing that can really be compared is the lighting, environments, etc., but there's a lot you can't compare.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:08 pm

TRF wrote:
It would look famazing if the AA was a bit better. I can't say it's on par with Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 because it's difficult to compare a game with practically zero character models to games that are full of 'em. How can you say a car looks better than a person or vice-versa? The only thing that can really be compared is the lighting, environments, etc., but there's a lot you can't compare.

Forza games have 2xAA. Gears of War 3 has no AA. And Uncharted 3 has some weird ass edge blur system. Of those games Forza 4 will be the only one to have real AA I love you
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

Forza games have 2xAA. Gears of War 3 has no AA. And Uncharted 3 has some weird ass edge blur system. Of those games Forza 4 will be the only one to have real AA I love you
That may be, but as of now it doesn't exactly look like it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:43 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

That may be, but as of now it doesn't exactly look like it.

Whatever you say I'm just putting the facts on the table. BTW The highest polygon models in forza 4 will be 800,000 polygons. UC3/Gears 3 would have at best 80K models in cutscenes. Not to mention Forza 4 is 60 FPS.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 am

Forza 4 can't be compared graphically to a game like U3 or Gears 3 since they have COMPLETELY different art styles.

Forza has a more realistic art style, while Uncharted and Gears have a more cartoon-ish art style.
It's like compareing a game like Halo to Killzone Razz It's just stupid.

Besides, Art style>Graphics.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Forza 4 can't be compared graphically to a game like U3 or Gears 3 since they have COMPLETELY different art styles.

Forza has a more realistic art style, while Uncharted and Gears have a more cartoon-ish art style.

Forza 4 looks famazing. However, it still has nothing on Battlefield 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:26 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:

Forza 4 looks famazing. However, it still has nothing on Battlefield 3.

Of course is doesn't, BF 3, from what we've seen, is running on a freaking super computer. lol
Back to top Go down
joe11akajaffyjoe
Peon
Peon
joe11akajaffyjoe

Stature : -2

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 am

I hope forza 5 goes against Gran tursirmo 6 to see who's the true top racing game
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 am

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

Actually, Uncharted 3 uses MLAA.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 pm

joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:
I hope forza 5 goes against Gran tursirmo 6 to see who's the true top racing game

That would be suicide.
Back to top Go down
joe11akajaffyjoe
Peon
Peon
joe11akajaffyjoe

Stature : -2

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
joe11akajaffyjoe wrote:

That would be suicide.
Yeah on a sells aspect, but as an overall game and it's quality forza can beat gran tursimo and take some of their supporters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.   Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed features.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next