Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films Empty
PostSubject: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:22 am

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films YK9xElW
Quote :
After a seperate interview promoting Doritos' final Crash the Super Bowl contest, Zack Snyder chatted with The Daily Beast about guiding the DC Extented Universe from Man of Steel to next year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and beyond. "Chris Terrio and I worked on the script, and he did an amazing job," he praised. "It's great fun, but it also has an eye toward the future — it's going toward Justice League. Early on, once we decided that we were going to put Batman in the movie, then I was like, 'Okay, good! Because you know what that means? It means the floodgates can open!" Said floodgates will see the debut of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and more within the cinematic landscape, further driving the film towards the two-part Justice League movie (the first of which Snyder is confirmed to be directing).

The site asked Snyder to share his thoughts on recent comments from film legend Stephen Spielberg (who contends that superhero films "will [go] the way of the Western"), weighing on the lasting legacy of the comic book cinema. "It goes to the mythological nature of the movies that we're making," he said. "I feel like he's right. But I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they're Batman and Superman. They're not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man — not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?" A jovial jab at the competition, yes, but Snyder does raise a good point about the iconography of the movie's titular heroes.

The rumour mill was abuzz this week with talk that Warner Bros. execs wanted even more emphasis on Ben Affleck's Caped Crusader in the film, and Snyder has revealed, in truth, screentime is quite evenly distributed between the two titular icons... mostly. "Only in that because it's a different Batman than the Batman that was in the Chris Nolan movies, so we have a little bit more explaining to do — and you just had a whole Superman movie," he explained. "But I think only in that way, because you need to understand where Batman is with everything. And that's more toward the beginning, but it evens back out as it goes on."

The dichotomy between the idealogies of the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight has been discussed time and time again in the comic book community, and the director offered his overall view on their conflict."They’re actually opposite sides of the same coin," said Snyder. "It’s interesting because Batman's a man and Superman's a god, if you think about it in those terms. So their relationship is very contentious. What Superman sees as Batman's limits, Batman sees as Superman trying to control him, acting like an absolute dictator."

"What we went after was the humanity of each character," he continued. "We tried to say, 'What would Batman have to do to unravel Superman, and what would Superman have to do to unravel Batman?' Their conflict is based on each others' understanding of the other's weakness. The fun of that is when you're dealing with these mythological creatures—to make them human again, bring them back to earth. And to do that you have to know the rules before you can break them. They have to go all the way to the stratosphere before you can bring them back down." What do you make of Snyder's comments?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/staypuffed/news/?a=124917

That Ant-Man comment has the fanboys riled up!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:30 am

Well, I enjoyed Ant-Man more than MoS. 

Still funny, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 12:06 pm

He has a point though. Despite the reviews, Man of Steel still made more money than Ant-Man. So obviously people care more about Superman than some B-list superhero. And this is coming from someone who defended Ant-Man for years in this forum. Which is funny because people use make fun of me for being a fan of Ant-Man, now all of a sudden they want to ride the Ant-Man band wagon. Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films 725796345
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films Z4pMElY

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 9:25 am

Quote :
"I read some of those comments where he said something about Batman and Superman, I can't remember where I read that, somewhere… something about, 'It's not going to be your flavour-of-the-week Ant-Man'.

"I mean, the Russos are coming in and taking something people are used to and they're shaping it up and changing it in a very different way. They're not trying to mimic a better Christopher Nolan movie or something like that."

Shots fired!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 9:37 am

Fuck Sebastian Stan! He's the one that started talking shit about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice way before Zack Snyder made those comments.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 11:47 am

OH SNAP!

Also I love how Snyder's words have been taken out of context. Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 4:48 pm

It's funny because Zack Snyder actually praised Marvel a couple of days before the comments.

Quote :
“I haven’t seen Ant-Man. I just haven’t had time. I’ve been so stacked, I’ve been in post, but I do want to, I have an interest in seeing it. But to me it’s like, there’s undeniable and amazing talent and entertainment in the movies they make, and Joss [Whedon] is really good. The question is whether or not – or how – the superhero genre evolves, or does it stay the same? Steven Spielberg made that comment about [superhero movies] going the way of the westerns, and my reaction is: then you’ve got to make a better movie. That’s the reality. I know that doesn’t really answer the question, but the feeling is that we can’t stay the same, that’s one thing for sure.”

http://screenrant.com/dc-superhero-movies-zack-snyder-george-miller-marvel/

So who's shit talking now?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Mecha wrote:

Why would he be? It was a pretty average movie, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:16 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

And his movies aren't average?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

And you would make better ones? Stop with the childish and stupid arguments.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:33 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I was talking about Marvel though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

And you would make better movies than them? You've gotta be stupid to believe in such an argument as a valid way to determine the value of one's opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:45 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

And you would make better movies than them? You've gotta be stupid to believe in such an argument as a valid way to determine the value of one's opinion.

lolwut!? He's the one giving the interviewer shit for liking Man of Steel. :/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

And you're giving him shit for not liking Man of Steel... Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 8:06 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I'm giving him shit because he's giving the interview shit for liking Man of Steel.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:25 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I'm giving him shit because he's giving the interview shit for liking Man of Steel.

Just proved my point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Just proved my point.

Not really, lol!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Just proved my point.

Not really, lol!

Oh really?

Quote :
I'm giving him shit because he's giving the interview shit for liking Man of Steel

As hypocritical as you can get - so, yes, you did just prove my point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:52 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Just proved my point.

Not really, lol!

Oh really?

Quote :
I'm giving him shit because he's giving the interview shit for liking Man of Steel

There's a difference between giving someone shit for liking a movie and giving someone shit for giving somebody else shit.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:57 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Just proved my point.

Not really, lol!

Oh really?

Quote :

There's a difference between giving someone shit for liking a movie and giving someone shit for giving somebody else shit.

You're giving him shit because he gave someone else shit. 

Keep crying, Mecha.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Just proved my point.

Not really, lol!

Oh really?

Quote :

Keep crying, Mecha.

Yes. Just like how you're giving me shit, because I'm giving him shit. Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films 725796345
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Not really, lol!

Oh really?

Quote :

Keep crying, Mecha.

Yes. Just like how you're giving me shit, because I'm giving him shit. Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films 725796345

The funny thing is that I'm only telling you that you're being hypocritical. Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:49 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Oh really?

Keep crying, Mecha.

The funny thing is that I'm only telling you that you're being hypocritical. Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films 725796345

And you aren't? lol!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:54 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Keep crying, Mecha.

And you aren't? lol!

In which way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films   Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zack Snyder On How BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Transcends Superhero Films
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next