Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million Empty
PostSubject: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:06 pm

1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million Tumblr15

Quote :
Fantastic Four has been a fantastic flop for Fox this weekend, and while the reviews and terrible word of mouth ensured it was always going to disappoint at the box office, the hits just keep on coming for the reboot. Hours before the movie was set to open on Thursday opening, director Josh Trank Tweeted: "A year ago, I had a fantastic version of this. And it would have received great reviews. You’ll probably never see. That’s reality though." No big deal, right? Well, box office analysts tell The Wrap that Trank's comments likely cost the movie as much as $10 million! 

That's in North America alone, and had he not sent out that Tweet, it's possible that Fantastic Four would have debuted at #1 this weekend. However, the site adds that the filmmaker is unlikely to face any sort of legal ramifications for damaging the movie's takings (whether he'll get another job in Hollywood again is hard to say given how talking about behind the scenes issues like this are viewed by those in the business).  "We stood behind Josh’s vision for the film as we stand behind all of our filmmakers at Fox," Chris Aronson, Fox's distribution chief told the trade today. 

It could be a long time until we get to know the future of the Fantastic Four franchise, but you have to believe the studio isn't happy! Did Trank's Tweet put you guys off from seeing the movie?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:21 pm

I doubt that.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:55 pm

Either way, his comments don't make things any better.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:12 am

Mecha wrote:
Either way, his comments don't make things any better.

Because how much money Fox makes should be important to the director that Fox screwed over? I'm fucking enjoying seeing Fox lose that cash. They deserve it, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:59 am

@RamboOnRedBull Well it won't open as many opportunities for Trank, I can tell you that much. Especially after his behavior on set and comments that he made. What studio would risk of hiring a guy like that to direct another big budget movie? We know Disney didn't
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 8:34 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Well it won't open as many opportunities for Trank, I can tell you that much. Especially after his behavior on set and comments that he made. What studio would risk of hiring a guy like that to direct another big budget movie? We know Disney didn't

Trank can still do non-blockbuster movies. His comments won't dismiss that, the same way pro-screenwriters comments don't ruin their careers, either.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:57 am

@RamboOnRedBull That's why I said, "It won't open as many opportunities for Trank." The guy has to rebuild himself all over again by making smaller indie films again. It's a shame too. The guy was quickly becoming a big name and was getting many offers, and now that's all fucked.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:11 am

"On Sunday, one box office analyst told TheWrap that Trank’s online outburst might have cost the film $5 million to $10 million"

Sounds legit, totally doesn't sound like a random number this "box office analyst" pulled out of his ass.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:25 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull That's why I said, "It won't open as many opportunities for Trank." The guy has to rebuild himself all over again by making smaller indie films again. It's a shame too. The guy was quickly becoming a big name and was getting many offers, and now that's all fucked.

His smaller indie film, Chronicle, was miles better than most big budget movies out there. In fact, the most acclaimed and praised films for the past two decades have been indies one. I don't see why there's a shame in not doing mainstream movies only, but okay.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 2:17 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I'm not saying big budget blockbuster movies are better than indie films. In fact, I prefer indie films. But it would be nice to see him move up into jobs where he has access to all the tools he needs.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
Trank said he wasn't fired or let go from the Star Wars project, he left. If Fox truly screwed him over it probably scared him away from another massive blockbuster film.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:32 pm

@yonny616 And you believe him why?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 And you believe him why?
1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million 725796345 Did I say I did? I'm just telling you what he said. FFS not everything is a confrontation.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:53 pm

@yonny616 I don't know what to believe anymore? All I know is, something really did happen on that set.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:02 pm

I don't know why I'm still subscribed to Grace? I mean, I'm sure she is cool in person. But Jesus Christ on a bike, a lot of the time her opinions SUCK!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Grace? You mean the one who supported Fifty shades of Turd and trashed Ex Machina for being sexist towards women? Yeah, she's credible... eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:09 pm

@RamboOnRedBull She also likes Fantastic Four and Pixels as well. >_>
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull She also likes Fantastic Four and Pixels as well. >_>

She also said the Fantastic Four comic books were never popular, soooo...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:18 pm

@RamboOnRedBull They were until people like her supported crap that Fox puts out.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull They were until people like her supported crap that Fox puts out.

The same way that you support the crap as well? Okay...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:40 am

@RamboOnRedBull Oh no. I didn't pay to go see this movie. I pirated this bitch. Yeah, that's right. I don't normally support piracy, but fuck this movie! I ain't giving Fox my money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million   1 - Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Josh Trank's tweet cost Fantastic Four $10 million
Page 1 of 1