Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times Empty
PostSubject: Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times   Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Quote :
EA and DICE have been mentioning Call of Duty a lot over the last few years; there's no denying it. We've seen DICE's General Manager call its competitors lazy, and state that, "They're using the same engine, the same recipe for building a game." One can safely assume that he was going on about Activision's Call of Duty.

There have been so many more instances, most notably being the actual description for Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam, where it reads, "Vietnam is a content-heavy expansion for the game that has sold more than 5 million copies and has been called 'a better game than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' by The New York Times."

EA is trying extremely hard to topple Call of Duty, and Activision is very much aware of this. Speaking in an interview to MCV, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg responded to a question which asked if the publishing giant was at all concerned by EA's upcoming FPS Battlefield 3:

It sounds trite but it’s true: we focus on what we need to do to make the best games we can. We don’t pay much mind looking at what the competitors are doing. I know they are focused on us… well that’s all I’ll say.

When asked about how Activision is handling the likes of EA saying that they aim to "take down" the Call of Duty franchise, Hirshberg said jokingly that:

"I think EA might talk about our games in the press more than we do. So, the first thing I say to them is 'Thanks for the assistance in building awareness'.

Back into serious mode, he continued:

But when you think about it, we’ve had tough competition every year for Call of Duty. It’s never been easy. This is one of the most competitive genres in one of the most competitive industries. Last year we had Halo: Reach and Medal of Honor, and it’s not like they weren’t amazing developers gunning for the top of this mountain either. And it’s the same this year – Gears of War is back along with lots of other games.

I kinda laughed when they said that they don't look much to the competition because that an obvious lie since they rip off you many things from other shooters.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times   Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Activision: Trololololol.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times   Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:14 pm

No offense, even though i prefer Dice and BF3 i'll have to say....EA just got PWN3D.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times   Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Ouch. Things are getting heated up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times   Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:05 pm

They're jealous that all their yearly games combined can't outsell COD Razz

YumadEA :?:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times   Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
They're jealous that all their yearly games combined can't outsell COD Razz

YumadEA :?:

Too bad that COD is the worst thing to happen to the videogame industry since the crash of 1983.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times   Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activision Thanks EA for Mentioning Call of Duty So Many Times
Page 1 of 1