Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day

Go down 
+4
yonny616
Angelus
Bluenose
Archduke
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day Empty
PostSubject: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Quote :
Thousands of people reported Christmas Day problems on the Xbox Live and Playstation gaming networks, as a band of hackers took gleeful credit.

The networks, which allow users of the popular consoles to play the video games with a wider online community, first crashed on Wednesday evening and the problems persisted into Christmas Day, enraging many users — but especially those powering-up new machines from Santa Claus.

A hacker group called "Lizard Squad" claimed responsibility, saying on Twitter that it toppled both networks with so-called distributed denial of service attacks. The tactic involves overwhelming Sony and Microsoft's servers with unexpected — and bogus — user traffic.

"Jingle bells jingle bells xbox got ran," the group wrote on Twitter Thursday, adding a similar line about Sony. "oh my fun it is to troll of you morons ... hey!"

Xbox and Playstation responded Thursday saying they were working on the problems and investigating.

"Having a tough time signing in?" read a service alert on the Xbox support page. "Don't worry! We're working to fix this right away!"

"We are aware that some users are reporting issues accessing PSN this morning," read a Tweet from the official Playstation support account on Thursday. "Thanks for your patience as we investigate."

Playstation is owned by Sony, the same company that released "The Interview" on Thursday. The movie, about a fictional attempt to kill North Korean Leader Kim Jong un, sparked controversy after hackers — with ties to North Korea, according to the FBI — broke into the company's servers and released a trove of information.

Xbox is owned by Microsoft, one of the companies which agreed the stream the film despite threats of a 9/11-style attack by the original hackers. So far there are no indications that the two hacks are related.

Source: NBC News

I guess this solves my issue of wondering why I couldn't connect to PSN today. If it really was Lizard squad behind the hacking, then I'm fucking sick of them doing this shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Assholes.

I was going to get some games from PSN because of the flash sale. UGH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 11:08 pm

They'll probably extend the sales and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 12:33 am

Well good thing I don't play video games online.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:44 am

They stopped... for $99 worth of online storage (500GB). Apparently, theFinest posted all of lizardsqaud peronsal info on their site.
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:44 am

The member '2Sugoi2Die' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Shigdig' :
PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day 0IEmAwv
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 8:50 am

Kids just don't know when to quit. PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Update: PSN still down for maintenance, right now. Xbox Live back up and running.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Dammit, Doctor Doom!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:56 pm

PSN back up.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Xbox Live back down, for me at least.
Fucking hacking kiddie faggots.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Never mind, it's not up. I thought it was when I logged in for like a second.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Xbox Live back down, for me at least.
Fucking hacking kiddie faggots.

Pretty much. If it was just DDoS, I don't see why it's down so long though.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 6:22 pm

http://anonhq.com/anonymous-declares-war-lizard-squad/
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 6:26 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
http://anonhq.com/anonymous-declares-war-lizard-squad/

Lol, Anonymous isn't much better. Not about to complain if they all take each other out though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 2:57 am

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:55 pm

PSN came back online earlier this morning. However, the status on the PSN website has since been changed back to the OFFLINE status. Hopefully, PSN comes back for good later today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day   PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSN and Xbox Live taken down on Christmas Day
Page 1 of 1