Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012

Go down 
+2
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:05 pm

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/game-developer-expecting-xbox-720-andor-ps4-for-christmas-2012/

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:08 pm

PS4 and Xbox 3 is NOT coming by the end of this year. 2013 maybe, but 2012 this year is very unlikely.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 Z4pMElY

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 pm

^ MS could likely launch a new console this year, seeing as all they have for E3 is Halo 4 and nothing else.

And who's to say Halo 4 ain't next-gen? There's been 6 months of hype, 6 months of anticipation and all we got is concept art and toys to tease us....
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 pm

It doesn't make sense for a console to be announced and released in the same year. I'm mean where are the games? Halo 4? That's it? There is no reason to believe that's coming for the next Xbox console. Microsoft would probably rather have Halo 5 being developed for the next Xbox instead of just porting Halo 4 over. Plus, most people would buy Halo 4 on Xbox 360 than the next Xbox console. Microsoft would probably want a 100% real exclusive for the next Xbox console so it could sell better.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Mecha wrote:
It doesn't make since for a console to be announced and released in the same year. I'm mean where are the games? Halo 4? That's it? There is no reason to believe that's coming for the next Xbox console. Microsoft would probably rather have Halo 5 being developed for the next Xbox instead of just porting Halo 4 over. Plus, most people would buy Halo 4 on Xbox 360 than the next Xbox console. Microsoft would probably want a 100% real exclusive for the next Xbox console so it could sell better.

MS announced the Xbox and released it the same year....so I don't see why they wouldn't do that again.

Halo 4 being a next-gen exclusive would be a huge system seller.

I'll highly doubt that anyone who wants to play Halo but doesn't own an Xbox are going to rush to the stores and buy a 360 just for Halo 4, since they would have done that with Halo 3 or Halo: Reach instead already.

I don't see what you mean by "MS would probably want a 100% real exclusive" :?: :!: :?: :!:

Plus, it would also explain why MS hasn't had that many exclusives on the 360 since 09/2010.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm

If Halo 4 is to be released on Xbox 360 as well then I highly doubt it's going to sell that well on the next Xbox console. Why would most people spend extra money on the new console just for Halo 4 when they could get it on Xbox 360? I mean I would buy a new console just for a port if it's cheap enough. But most people aren't going to do that. Not as long as you have 2 options to buy the game. People are going to get the game in the cheapest way they can. And that's by buying it on Xbox 360 instead.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:01 pm

2012 is too early. Plus, Wii U is expected to come out later this year. Having all 3 new consoles release at the same time would be suicide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:45 pm

We desperately need new consoles they're horrendously outdated now.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:47 pm

If they were going to come out by the end of 2012, they would've been announced already. I remember the Xbox 360 was announced in 2004 but didn't come out until 2005.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:53 pm

TRF wrote:
If they were going to come out by the end of 2012, they would've been announced already. I remember the Xbox 360 was announced in 2004 but didn't come out until 2005.

Quote :
The Xbox 360 was officially unveiled on MTV on May 12, 2005, with detailed launch and game information divulged later that month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). The console sold out completely upon release in all regions except in Japan.[9][10][11]

From wikipedia.

The year has just started, I think it's likely they'll both announce new consoles at E3 this year.

As for Halo 4, it makes perfect sense to release it on the 360 whilst releasing the next box around the same time. People would still buy a new xbox, and Microsoft would still make a lot of money. It's not like every single 360 owner plays Halo. Besides, they could just make it so that Halo 4 runs better on the new xbox or something.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. If you release Halo 4 on both consoles, which version do you think will sell the most? Just because it's on both consoles doesn't mean Halo 4 will double the sales Halo: Reach did. It's illogical to think that way. If Halo 4 really does come out on the next Xbox console this year then it won't have a great launch. Are people really going to buy the next Xbox console at launch just for Halo 4? The truth is, most people are not going to be in any rush to buy a next Xbox console when you can already get Halo 4 on Xbox 360 by then.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:05 pm

With every day that there is no news about Halo 4, the more likely it is that it will be a next-gen game. Microsoft always consistenly feeds out news about their exclusives over the one and a half year preview cycle like with Gears 3 and Halo Reach and its odd that their biggest exclusive of the last 5 years has not had a single news story for about 6 months. Plus 343 would be the first developer to get next gen dev kits for the XBOX being a first party studio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012   Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Industry Gamers: Game Developer expecting PS4 and/or Xbox 720 by Christmas 2012
Page 1 of 1