Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Currently Watching and First Impressions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Currently Watching and First Impressions ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Currently Watching and First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Currently Watching and First Impressions   Currently Watching and First Impressions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 9:00 pm

So I'm currently watching The Snow Queen, an anime based of the Hans Christian Anderson story by the same name, and that Frozen was also inspired by.  So far the characters are nice, and the anime itself is very artistic.  I just finished the first episode, and the atmospheres and settings ad a lot of charm to it.  It's 36 episodes so there's still a lot to get through, but even if it ends up boring, I think I'll still really appreciate the art style.  

Currently Watching and First Impressions SQ0504
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Currently Watching and First Impressions   Currently Watching and First Impressions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 5:53 pm

So I started watching this Chuunibyou (or however you spell it ^^) show that has plenty gifs flying around the web.
Currently Watching and First Impressions Chuunibyou_demo_koi_ga_shitai__by_mu_chii-d5h0uwn
This is absolutely not the stuff I usually watch, but it's been pretty fun for the first few episodes so let's see how it continues.

I can never watch more than one in a row though since the sheer amount of "vicarious embarrassment"[x] is too much for me too handle. Same thing is why I could never finish Watamote.

[x] what the hell is the appropiate translation for "fremdschämen" ?
Google gives me "vicarious embarrassment". I think I have had this problem several times already xD.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Currently Watching and First Impressions TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Currently Watching and First Impressions   Currently Watching and First Impressions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm currently watching Grave of The Fireflies, imo Studio Ghibli's best film.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Currently Watching and First Impressions   Currently Watching and First Impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:14 am

Catchin up with Parasyte the Maxim. Dayum this is a really good one. I just wish they had the long version of the preview song in the ost, but they only have a version that is significantly different in a long form.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Currently Watching and First Impressions TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Currently Watching and First Impressions   Currently Watching and First Impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:36 am

Parasyte is one of the best I've seen in a long time. Catching up to One Pie right now.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Currently Watching and First Impressions   Currently Watching and First Impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Currently Watching and First Impressions Z

In addition to watching Tokyo Ghoul Root A and Assassination Classroom during this season's lineup, I'm also watching an anime called Death Parade. This anime is based off of an original short film, called Death Billiards, which came out back in 2013. It's a 12 episode anime, with a premise of "Somewhere is a mysterious bar known as the Quindecim, where a lone bartender named Decim works. Whenever two people emerge from the bar's elevators, those two must participate in a Death Game with their lives on the line, the results of which will reveal what secrets led them there and what their fate will be afterwards." It's animated by Madhouse, and the animation looks pretty great at times. I'm four episodes into the show so far, and I am liking it quite a lot. It had an amazing first episode, with plenty of crazy things happening in it. The episodes since then have also been good as well. New episodes premiere every Friday on Hulu/FUNimation/Crunchyroll. i don't know what kind of impact this anime will have, as it seems it is just a game-type anime with some psychological thriller, mystery, and drama elements thrown into it. But, I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, so I don't expect to be dropping this show anytime soon.

Here is the show's official opening. It's kinda misleading, but still fun regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently Watching and First Impressions   Currently Watching and First Impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Currently Watching and First Impressions
Page 1 of 1