Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles

Go down 
+2
Bluenose
Angelus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Region-locking may be dead for good soon. silent With this and the possibility of a decent GamePad, the Wii U is becoming seriously interesting.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-03-iwata-nintendo-must-consider-ending-region-locking

Quote :
"The game business has a history of taking a very long time with localisation among other things," Iwata said, "such as having to deal with various issues of marketing in each particular country, or games that have made use of licensed content that did not apply globally.

"Region-locking has existed due to circumstances on the sellers' side rather than for the sake of the customers. In the history of game consoles, that is the current situation.

"As for what should be done going forward, if unlocked for the benefit of the customers, there may also be a benefit for us."

"Unlocking would require various problems to be solved, so while I can't say today whether or not we intend to unlock, we realise that it is one thing that we must consider looking to the future."
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:27 pm

I don't understand the purpose of region lock. All it manages to do is keep a potentially large consumer base narrowed to a limited one. Those who are outside of the region end up getting it through sometimes illegal means. It only hurts so I don't see why it exists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:40 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
I don't understand the purpose of region lock. All it manages to do is keep a potentially large consumer base narrowed to a limited one. Those who are outside of the region end up getting it through sometimes illegal means. It only hurts so I don't see why it exists.

Different regions are willing to pay different prices for games. It'd be cheaper for a Japanese Vita owner to Import the NA version of Freedom Wars than to buy it locally, and sometimes some of the contracts or assets involved in a game are only eligible in a single region. It's just something that helps out local publishers, protects some intellectual properties, and, in some cases, help prevent an excess of imports over exports.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Angelus wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:

Different regions are willing to pay different prices for games.  It'd be cheaper for a Japanese Vita owner to Import the NA version of Freedom Wars than to buy it locally, and sometimes some of the contracts or assets involved in a game are only eligible in a single region.  It's just something that helps out local publishers, protects some intellectual properties, and, in some cases, help prevent an excess of imports over exports.

A lot of Japanese people that play fighters would usually just import the US version since they are practically the same version for a cheaper price. Arc System Works actually region locked all versions of the first release of Persona 4 Arena which didn't go down so well.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:10 pm

omg Fatal Frame V here I come
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:12 pm

I don't buy games from other reasons usually.
I'll tell ya what though I don't see myself getting a WiiU at all this generation. It would need something fucking spectacular for me to even consider it.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I'll tell ya what though I don't see myself getting a WiiU at all this generation. It would need something fucking spectacular for me to even consider it.

It has fewer Indie games than the Xbox One. Isn't that reason enough?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:47 pm

That's a start.
But honestly, Devil's Third is the ONLY game I'm fully interested in.
Part of me wants to play Donkey Kong simply because I haven't played a DK game since the SNES DK Country. But part of me knows it's in vain and I would get bored fast.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
That's a start.
But honestly, Devil's Third is the ONLY game I'm fully interested in.
Part of me wants to play Donkey Kong simply because I haven't played a DK game since the SNES DK Country. But part of me knows it's in vain and I would get bored fast.

Not even interested in Bayonetta? Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 8:09 pm

:comeatme:
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:54 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
yeah I hate videogames as well
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Regions* whooops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles   Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo FINALLY Learning From Other Consoles
Page 1 of 1