Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MW3 Reveal Trailer.

Go down 
+12
ArchAngel
Stoney
ghost23
Hydell
Pein
Pizzy3C
Archduke
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
BioDemon
Zombie
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:08 am

My God, you guys really do hate Call of Duty, don't you? The trailer was awesome and explosive, and all you guys just complain. I have a feeling you guys would be drooling over this if it wasn't named Call of Duty.

The Call of Duty games may be rehashed, but I myself have never actually disliked a Call of Duty game other than maybe Call of Duty 3.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:24 am

Did you know that obama collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics?

MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 The_more_you_know

Did you know that The animal responsible for the most human deaths worldwide is the mosquito?
MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 The_more_you_know

Did you know that call of duty sucks?......................................yeah
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:56 am

TRF wrote:
My God, you guys really do hate Call of Duty, don't you? The trailer was awesome and explosive, and all you guys just complain. I have a feeling you guys would be drooling over this if it wasn't named Call of Duty.

The Call of Duty games may be rehashed, but I myself have never actually disliked a Call of Duty game other than maybe Call of Duty 3.
Do you play the MP? That's the reason for all the hate.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:59 am

I understand that, but most of the time, the multiplayer has worked fine: Call of Duty 4, World at War, Black Ops, etc.

My point is that most people on this forum hear "Call of Duty" and immediately assume that the game will suck, when, most of the time, the campaign is solid if not great and the multiplayer is decent at worst.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:20 am

Trailer looks shit. End of story.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:38 am

BioRevenant wrote:
TRF wrote:

Do you play the MP? That's the reason for all the hate.

This.

I've always liked, I'd goes as far to say loved, the campaigns of CoD, it's the MP/Community I truly detest. That's why MW 3 will be a rental and a rental only.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Man, I hate how people on the internet just assume MW3 will be complete shit.Guys, give IW a chance to fix things instead of "omg!!This looks like shit!!This game will be teh worst game this year!".You never know, it may be a really great game.Judge the game when it comes out, not when its first gameplay trailer is revealed MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 1443829230

I thought UC2 wasnt that great.I disliked it.But I am and will give Uncharted 3 a chance.

@Alan
No way,the nuke scene in MW2 was better.Running down the street while helicopters and planes are crashing all around you is completly awesome.And if you guys dont know, the nuke that blew up created an EMP, which caused all vehicles to crash.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Uncharted is a better series than COD. SO is Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:45 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Uncharted is a better series than COD. SO is Mass Effect.
So is LBP :3.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:06 pm

And that has everything to do with the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:10 pm

I wouldn't hate the franchise as much if Infinity Ward(what's left of it) or Treyarch took more time to polish it.

But no, Activision is Greedy and wants millions of dollars EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. YEAR.

If the devs actually took the time to make a longer campaign, have an open beta, make sure they fix any problems in the beta, balance the game, only release the games every 2 years or so, and maybe update the engine, the COD franchise might not be so bad.

But as of now, this franchise is worse then Madden.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Man, I hate how people on the internet just assume MW3 will be complete shit.Guys, give IW a chance to fix things instead of "omg!!This looks like shit!!This game will be teh worst game this year!".You never know, it may be a really great game.Judge the game when it comes out, not when its first gameplay trailer is revealed MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 1443829230

I thought UC2 wasnt that great.I disliked it.But I am and will give Uncharted 3 a chance.

@Alan
No way,the nuke scene in MW2 was better.Running down the street while helicopters and planes are crashing all around you is completly awesome.And if you guys dont know, the nuke that blew up created an EMP, which caused all vehicles to crash.

Well you can make assumptions on how previous games in the series were. If I hate one game, why would I want to play the sequel?
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:33 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

@Alan

Well you can make assumptions on how previous games in the series were. If I hate one game, why would I want to play the sequel?

You CAN make assumptions, but dont.And if you didnt like the predeccesor, then just dont buy the next game, instead of coming on here saying "omg this game will be shit!!!!"
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Zeratul wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

@Alan

You CAN make assumptions, but dont.And if you didnt like the predeccesor, then just dont buy the next game, instead of coming on here saying "omg this game will be shit!!!!"

Well I can state my predictions on the quality of an upcoming game. Kind of what people like to do on forums. Are we always right? No.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:30 am

MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 Moo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:32 am

Zeratul wrote:

Actually most of us just said that the trailer was shit. Not the game itself.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:35 am

C'mon, clearly you said the trailer was shit because it was Call of Duty. Otherwise you would've liked it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:17 am

TRF wrote:
C'mon, clearly you said the trailer was shit because it was Call of Duty. Otherwise you would've liked it.
MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 1443829230 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 1443829230 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 1443829230 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 1443829230

I loved the black ops trailer even tho i hated world at war and modern warfare 2. Seriously the modern warfare 3 trailer sucked not because its call of duty. But because it looks WORSE then fucking black ops. I mean seriously if battlefield 3 looked like that it would've still been a shitty trailer. Just because people dislike call of duty doesn't mean that they are bias on everything. >_>
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:49 am

The problem with Call of Duty.

First let me say I honestly believe Call of Duty 4 was one of, if not the best game for me this generation. (which is part of the problem)

The story was Epic. Maybe i'm biased but I loved the fact an American Dev had the balls to highlight the failures with U.S. military strategies and also highlight the fact the SAS is the most highly trained elite special forces unit in the world.

Usually in the movies and games industry we are forever subjected to a bunch of generic American soldiers whom's dialogue and personality is more suited to a U.S. college frat house than a battlefield.

Also the multiplayer on COD4 was perfect with the exception of the Martyrdom perk.

3, 5 and 7 Killstreaks only, near perfect spawn points and good balancing. (Same applies to the multiplayer on WAW except the tanks)

Then there was Modern Warfare 2.

Still a good campaign but they had to tone down the epicness of the SAS because some yanks got rather Jelly, hense we had TF 141 instead of the SAS which seemed a bit pointless seen as the only characters people cared about in TF 141 were from the SAS anyway.

However the real problems started with the multiplayer...

Endless killstreaks promoted camping, The spawn points seemed fucked up and one single flanker would often shift the entire team's spawn point over to the enemies side of the map for some reason which had dire consequences. Let me explain.

On COD4 a team generally spwaned on one side of the map and the same applied to the enemy. If people wanted to camp they could either camp near to where they spawned and see little to no enemies and get few kills or they had to traverse across the battlefield putting themselves in danger to get to the opponents side of the map to see any action and campers were often swiftly dealt with when the victim respawned near to where they died. Also a flanker wouldn't shift the entire enemy teams spawn location, it probably just moved it to the next room or just out of line of sight but the victim would know the flanker was nearby and play it cautiously anyway.

On MW2 the teams seemed to swap spawn points every 30 seconds or so and the reason this happened was because a single flanker could move the entire enemy teams spawn point to the opposite side of the map (opposed to the next room on COD4 for example). I often found people would begin a match and camp at the nearest possible location overlooking where they initially spawned, on COD4 these players would see little to no action but on MW2 they only have to wait a matter of seconds before the enemy team started respawning at the same location they began the level making easy pickings. The biggest problem is that campers had to stick their neck on the line to find a good camping spot on COD4 that they no longer had to do on MW2.

Your probably thinking "just go and get revenge on the camper after you respawn", but there is one problem. After the camper has killed you when you respawned in his starting location you are then sent to the other side of the map again making your revenge a long hike back to where he was which you soon give up on due to the fact you have a bunch of other enemy team members standing in your path.

Please forgive the essay I just wrote to describe the problems with MW2's multiplayer but it's difficult to explain.

However

Black Ops was crap.

The story had a severe case of ADHD and lost all sense of pacing.

The biggest problems with the multiplayer were the terrible hit boxes and the countless times where you would re-spawn to see a enemy right infront of you running away, you would then shoot him in the back and move forward. Then immediately afterwards an enemy re-spawns behind you, shooting you in the back and the same would happen to him straight afterwards and so on and so forth. This quickly degenerated into the most infuriating paradox ever.

Oh, i've also heard rumours that at the end of MW3 will set the scene for a passing of the torch: from player-controlled members of Task Force 141 to new characters from U.S. Delta Force.

So everything that made COD4's story great will be gone by the time the credits roll on MW3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:03 pm

UMAD?

MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 1_bmp14
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:
MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819

I loved the black ops trailer even tho i hated world at war and modern warfare 2. Seriously the modern warfare 3 trailer sucked not because its call of duty. But because it looks WORSE then fucking black ops. I mean seriously if battlefield 3 looked like that it would've still been a shitty trailer. Just because people dislike call of duty doesn't mean that they are bias on everything. >_>
Well, I didn't mean you in particular.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:13 pm

TRF wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:
MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819 MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 47819

Well, I didn't mean you in particular.
Ohhhh. My bad. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Sorry, I should've specified. It was a collective "you."
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:14 pm

TRF wrote:

That's what you get for generalizing people, you racist bastard.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

That's what you get for generalizing people, you racist bastard.
I know right? There are only 2 kinds of people I hate in this world.
1. Racists
2. Jews
And you're both. BitchRF.

Last edited by BioRevenant on Wed May 25, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Reveal Trailer.   MW3 Reveal Trailer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MW3 Reveal Trailer.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next