Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!

Go down 
+2
Orion
Angelus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! Empty
PostSubject: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:10 am

Jes Taylor wrote:
Zimmerman explained that the game's main story will last about 10-12 hours, depending on how fast you play and how many of the side stories you decide to complete. If you play the game as evil, it may last a little less. Of course this is for each playthrough, and since the story is very different depending on whether you play good or evil, the exact amount of time it takes to complete the game is much larger.

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! M5H1FDv

Was expecting something closer to 20 hours. At this point, it seems like the game could be fully completed within 40 hours. Hopefully the story's substance and the gameplay make up for the short length.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 am

This is disappointing
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:07 pm

This is nothing new....

IF2 was around 12 hours if you just played the main mission on one story line. If it's with the side missions it was like 16-17 hours and that's just if you played on Good or Evil and not both.

You'd know it's not incredibly short and is actually pretty good unless you haven't actually played the previous game before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Teckno wrote:
If it's with the side missions it was like 16-17 hours and that's just if you played on Good or Evil and not both.

How is that not incredibly short?

If they aren't gonna include multiplayer or a decent framerate, they should at least include a lengthy single player experience.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Teckno wrote:
If it's with the side missions it was like 16-17 hours and that's just if you played on Good or Evil and not both.

If they aren't gonna include multiplayer or a decent framerate, they should at least include a lengthy single player experience.

17+17= 34 hours. How is that incredibly short?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

PSone games are way longer than that. Hell, even mobile games are.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

PSone games are way longer than that.  Hell, even mobile games are.

What the fuck are you talking about...... Are you trolling?

Most major games (especially blockbuster one's) these days are around the 10 hours mark with an exception for many RPG's . And are you seriously comparing mobile game quality to console game quality? Also I can't recall many major PSone title that were 30+ hours long.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Most major games (especially blockbuster one's) these days are around the 10 hours mark with an exception for many RPG's . And are you seriously comparing mobile game quality to console game quality? Also I can't recall many major PSone title that were 30+ hours long.

Your life thus far must have felt very boring. :/ 10 hours is incredibly short, unless the game is of exceptional quality like ICO or Journey.

Suikoden, Suikoden II, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Legaia, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Grandia, Chrono Cross.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Your life thus far must have felt very boring. :/  10 hours is incredibly short, unless the game is of exceptional quality like ICO or Journey.  

Suikoden, Suikoden II, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Legaia, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Grandia, Chrono Cross.

Apparently. Razz

Like I said, RPG's. Obviously they are going to be much longer than the standard game.

You're comparing apples and oranges.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Your life thus far must have felt very boring. :/  10 hours is incredibly short, unless the game is of exceptional quality like ICO or Journey.  

Apparently. Razz

Like I said, RPG's. Obviously they are going to be much longer than the standard game.

90% of fighters and racing games too.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Apparently. Razz

Apples and oranges. Can you really compare single player racing games/fighting games to singleplayer of action/adventure titles? They are going to be much repetitive and it simply isn't a fair comparison.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Apparently. Razz

Apples and oranges. Can you really compare single player racing games/fighting games to singleplayer of action/adventure titles? They are going to be much repetitive and it simply isn't a fair comparison.

30 hours is short for a $[60-70] game. Especially when it's on a 50gb disc.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:53 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Apparently. Razz

I don't hear these protests against Uncharted, God of War, Halo, Batman Arkham games, and countless other blockbusters. You make it seem like Infamous is out of the norm when it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Apparently. Razz

I don't hear these protests against Uncharted, God of War, Halo, Batman Arkham games, and countless other blockbusters. You make it seem like Infamous is out of the norm when it isn't.

You're right, those games could definitely use multiplayer or something, not that that's any fun.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm

You guys are idiots. 12 hours is a little on the short side, but it's a decent length.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
You guys are idiots. 12 hours is a little on the short side, but it's a decent length.

For a visual novel, or an indie game maybe, but 12 hours is still extremely short.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:36 am

10-12 hours is pretty much the norm for games. So I'm fine.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:24 am

yonny616 wrote:
10-12 hours is pretty much the norm for games. So I'm fine.

I always thought short was more your style. :)
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:45 am

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Apparently. Razz

You're right, those games could definitely use multiplayer or something, not that that's any fun.

God of War and Arkham games don't have multiplayer. (Origins multiplayer really isn't that good that it would expand many hours)

The fact is, InFAMOUS is a game you play twice through at least to get the full experience and it's already established that it's about 34 hours of gameplay. That's not including roaming around collecting all the collectibles. If you think that's awfully short, you're in the minority.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:37 pm

@Angelus What?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Based Sonji wrote:

For a visual novel, or an indie game maybe, but 12 hours is still extremely short.

You realize that this is an open world game which encourages fucking around and doing sidequests, right?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Apparently. Razz

God of War and Arkham games don't have multiplayer. (Origins multiplayer really isn't that good that it would expand many hours)

The fact is, InFAMOUS is a game you play twice through at least to get the full experience and it's already established that it's about 34 hours of gameplay. That's not including roaming around collecting all the collectibles. If you think that's awfully short, you're in the minority.

34 hours of play value is pretty underwhelming for a console's main system seller. Especially when the actual story content sits in the trunk.

But you are right. Short games are pretty normal, lol. I guess there's a reason I wait for PS+ to play them.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:26 am

@Yonny, doesn't listen to Angelus. He's obviously either fucking retarded, or smoking crack.

Anything 10-12 hours or longer, for non-RPG games, is a good length. The real incredibly short games, are the ones you pay $60 for and you only get a 4-6 campaign, with little to no multiplayer replayability, where you feel like you could have rented this and beaten it in one night without wasting your cash.

InFAMOUS ans InFAMOUS 2 took me at-least 20 hours or longer to complete, so I'm fine with this.

And let's not forget that you can play this game twice for the Good/Evil sides of your character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:51 am

Archduke wrote:
Anything 10-12 hours or longer, for non-RPG games, is a good length. The real incredibly short games, are the ones you pay $60 for and you only get a 4-6 campaign, with little to no multiplayer replayability, where you feel like you could have rented this and beaten it in one night without wasting your cash.

You could easily finish up 10-12 hours within 3-4 sittings...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 am

Archduke wrote:

You could easily finish up 10-12 hours within 3-4 sittings...

But the point is that's just the singleplayer campaign length.

You're missing the variables that

1) Full experience is good and evil playthrough which is double campaign time.

2) Hours of side missions.

3) Open world shoot shit with powers time.

4) Collectibles hidden all around the city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!   Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra! Extra! inFAMOUS: Second Son to be incredibly short!
Page 1 of 1