Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2

Go down 
+5
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
Bluenose
Orion
Mecha
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 Empty
PostSubject: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:22 am

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:36 pm

it was overrated anyways
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:06 pm

I'd LOVE another The Last of Us game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:09 am

I wonder if they will include that super intelligent AI that was showcased in the first game trailers but never made it in the final product.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:46 pm

LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^ Razz

TLOU 2 would be cool, but IDK how it would work. Isn't technically Joel and Ellie's story over? The ending was weird. I wouldn't mind seeing a whole new cast of characters though.

Oh and TLOU PS4 Graphics. Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 409191096
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 7:26 pm

DON'T DO IT!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Stoney wrote:
DON'T DO IT!

WHY NOT?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:02 am

No need for it, it was all about the story of Joel & Ellie, no one cared about the generic post apocalyptic zombie outbreak, they cared about the characters and their arc is over.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Stoney wrote:
No need for it, it was all about the story of Joel & Ellie, no one cared about the generic post apocalyptic zombie outbreak, they cared about the characters and their arc is over.

They already stated before they are not going to do another Joel and Ellie adventure.

And give Naughty Dog credit. They aren't going to make another generic zombie game, they will just make another character arc that will be made to be as appealing and engaging as Joel & Ellie's was.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Welp, they already made 3 generic movies.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Padders wrote:

Which ND games were generic?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Duke wrote:
Padders wrote:

The Uncharted series was kind of generic but that doesn't mean it wasn't awesome.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Teckno wrote:
Duke wrote:
Padders wrote:

The Uncharted series was kind of generic but that doesn't mean it wasn't awesome.

Same with TLOU.

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:40 am

Teckno wrote:
Duke wrote:
Padders wrote:

ND builds games by prioritizing set-pieces over anything else. That's kind of what I dislike about them. That doesn't mean that their games have bad gameplay and terrible stories but you can tell that the experience feels uneven at times. 

I believe Uncharted has potential. If ND developed Uncharted with the mindset that it's a TPS game with platforming elements instead of trying to recreate over-the-top Michael Bay set-pieces then I would enjoy it a lot more.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:01 am

Duke wrote:
Padders wrote:

You know the one with that guy that goes around climbing and shooting with some walk and talk in between but it is more like a movie than an actual game. The one with the guy that bangs a different women in each game but can't decide if he wants the blonde bimbo or the native. That really uninspired movie that is pretty much like Indiana Jones but with shitty characters besides from that one character with the mustache that isn't the main character but should have been the main character because he was a lot more interesting and not a douchebag riding on a name.

They also made that other game with even less gameplay mechanics. You know the one with that guy that thought it would be a good idea to attach one half of a scissor to a fire axe with some tape. Oh you know that game were everyone runs around like a bunch of autistic children on a field trip to the zoo. There's also something about a girl that just happens to be the cure for autism. It's like I Am Legend but everyone has autism regardless if they are infected or not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 4:21 pm

HAHAHA

kek pad.

they should work on something that isn't a 3rd person shooter.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Padders wrote:
Duke wrote:
Padders wrote:

You know the one with that guy that goes around climbing and shooting with some walk and talk in between but it is more like a movie than an actual game. The one with the guy that bangs a different women in each game but can't decide if he wants the blonde bimbo or the native. That really uninspired movie that is pretty much like Indiana Jones but with shitty characters besides from that one character with the mustache that isn't the main character but should have been the main character because he was a lot more interesting and not a douchebag riding on a name.

They also made that other game with even less gameplay mechanics. You know the one with that guy that thought it would be a good idea to attach one half of a scissor to a fire axe with some tape. Oh you know that game were everyone runs around like a bunch of autistic children on a field trip to the zoo. There's also something about a girl that just happens to be the cure for autism. It's like I Am Legend but everyone has autism regardless if they are infected or not.

Says the guy who imports generic after generic Japanese game, which are mostly niche titles anyways. (Excluding JRPG's, because some of those are really unique and original)
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:09 pm

I imagine this every time Duke makes a post.
Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 Yao
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 Come_at_me_bro
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 4:49 pm

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/22/the-last-of-us-has-a-5050-chance-of-getting-a-sequel-says-druckmann/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:35 am

I wouldn't mind seeing another game in that universe. Naughty Dog is great at storytelling so I'm down for anything they do, pretty much.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing another game in that universe. Naughty Dog is great at storytelling so I'm down for anything they do, pretty much.
Slut
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:58 am

@Alan The only game where they wrote a story around the set peices was Uncharted 3. They admitted to that. The rest of their games the set peices were written as the stroy progressed.

On-topic: I want a Joel story DLC, so I hope I get that.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:23 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
Slut
OMG I will fuck you so hard

I'm not making myself look better am I
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:49 am

Last Of Us was pretty boring and overrated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2   Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naughty Dog contemplating The Last of Us 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next