Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen Empty
PostSubject: Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen   Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:31 am

Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen Tumblr_lrkxlxy5iv1qcfxzoo1_500

Quote :
All studios suffer a difficult transitional period when a new piece of hardware is introduced. Even the best experience their "darkest days" during this time.

In speaking to Eurogamer, Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells said the shift to a new generation is a "double-edged sword" and that while the geek inside you rejoices at your shiny new toy, the practical part of you realizes: "this is going to be a lot of hard work." Said Wells-

"When you're going to new technology, every day is a slog, progress is slow and it really takes a different kind of attitude and mentality to get through that kind of push and it's not right for everybody."

When the team was switching from the PS2 to the PS3, Wells said Naughty Dog really struggled. In fact, they "lost people on a weekly basis" because they "just couldn't get through it." Co-president Christophe Balestra added that moving to new hardware is "terrifying" and they made "some mistakes" when they moved from the PS2 to the PS3

The Last Of Usis Naughty Dog's latest game; no word yet on whether the Unchartedteam is cranking on the fourth installment. Some are working on multiplayer DLC; others are just on vacation. Yeah, remember when we said Uncharted 4might be on the PS4...?

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen   Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 am

Can't blame them. Hopefully Sony designed the PS4 to be easily developed for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen   Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:44 pm

It's a nightmare for every developer. However it should be easier than the PS2 to PS3 transition. Next gen the PS4 will be using Blu-ray and an updated Cell processor, all familiar tech that developers worked with this gen prior to the next.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen   Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Naughty Dog is an amazing dev. I can't wait till we see what they are making next gen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen   Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 pm

The jump from PS2 to PS3 was quite a dramatic one, i suspect it wont be so hard this time for PS4 since it will be similar tech just juiced up a bit and hopefully better utilised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen   Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naughty Dog is terrorfied by next-gen
Page 1 of 1