Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skype bought by Microsoft

Go down 
+7
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Hydell
Dam_Noir
Stoney
Blixtstorm
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Skype bought by Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:20 am

Skype bought by Microsoft for the sum of 8.5 Billion dollars. Seeing that Skype is commonly used in gaming chats and phonecalls.

Could this change the way we see Skype?
Will Skype be implemented to Xbox?

http://gizmodo.com/5800329/confirmed-microsoft-is-buying-skype-for-85-billion

Microsoft's said that Skype "will support Microsoft devices like Xbox and Kinect, Windows Phone and a wide array of Windows devices, and Microsoft will connect Skype users with Lync, Outlook, Xbox Live and other communities."

Don't fear that Microsoft will cruelly snatch Skype from your Android or iPhone, however: "Microsoft will continue to invest in and support Skype clients on non-Microsoft platforms."
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:29 am

$8.5 Billion, my God. Surprised

I'm guessing it will be integrated with Kinect somehow.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:42 am

I bet it won't be free anymore to keep in line with Microsoft's business motto.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:57 am

Oh god please no...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:16 am

It better stay fucking free...
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:32 am

Skype has not been free since it was bought by Ebay in 2005. Only the VoIP calls was free.

And from a business standpoint Skype couldnt have made a better deal. You see Skype was bleeding money and if Microsoft hadnt bought it, it would probably had gone bankrupt in a matter of years.

Think of it this way. Microsoft has Windows Live with the Live Messenger and it supports VoIP and messages just like Skype. Does it cost money? I can answer that to you... No it doesnt. The only thing is that there is a small add on the bottom of each window, and you can even close them.

It was either Facebook, Google and Microsoft that was lined up for buying them. And I dont see Google doing it since they just bought another VoIP company to create GoogleVoice. So really it was either Microsoft or Facebook... And quite frankly? Only a retard would have picked Facebook....
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:26 am

Cool cool.
But if they implement it to xbox and put the price up for xbl, I'm gonna be pissed.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skype bought by Microsoft XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Pretty cool, but if any console needs Skype integration, it's the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:24 pm

meh. Most of my friends use OOVOO anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:27 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
meh. Most of my friends use OOVOO anyways.
Skype >>>>>>>>> ooVoo
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Cool, I guess. As long as I can still use skype the way I have been, I couldn't care less. But maybe this will make Xbox Party Chat better...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:37 pm

TRF wrote:

Could be a strategic move to prevent the PS3 from ever getting this integration. I think MS is smarter than they look. They know that the biggest thing that XBL has over PSN is it's party system and XGC.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

Could be a strategic move to prevent the PS3 from ever getting this integration. I think MS is smarter than they look. They know that the biggest thing that XBL has over PSN is it's party system and XGC.

PSP has had it for years.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:17 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

PSP has had it for years.

MS doesn't even compete in the portable handheld console wars...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

True. Even if Sony didn't buy it, they could always still have gotten it on their system. It was definitely a smart move by Microsoft, but I can't help but wish Sony had jumped on this opportunity. Oh well, there are always other services they could potentially integrate, like GoogleVoice.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:26 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

True. Even if Sony didn't buy it, they could always still have gotten it on their system. It was definitely a smart move by Microsoft, but I can't help but wish Sony had jumped on this opportunity. Oh well, there are always other services they could potentially integrate, like GoogleVoice.

Yea don't get me wrong. It was a smart move by MS but we PS3 gamers get fucked over. I wish Sony bought them instead too. Definitely would have changed the game up a bit if PSN got XGC. It would force MS to make XBL either cheaper/free or add more features to their service.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Skype.....lol.

Rihanna Biana is my name. LMAO!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:05 am

Changes to Skype since the purchase:

- Added Skype Premium
*Group videochats
*Live Support
*25% off on HD-Webcams

- MS Outlook and Office Hotbars
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

- Added Skype Premium
*Group videochats
*Live Support
*25% off on HD-Webcams

Ofcourse...
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Microsoft + Skype.....

SKYNET
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Sonji wrote:
Microsoft + Skype.....

SKYNET

I always knew that May 21, 2011 was Judgement Day. It's the end of the world as we know, thanks to Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Skyprosoft
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:49 am

Skype live gold for crosschat amrite?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

- Added Skype Premium
*Group videochats
*Live Support
*25% off on HD-Webcams

Wait, so does Live support mean that someone on xbox can talk to someone on a computer? That's pretty cool I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skype bought by Microsoft   Skype bought by Microsoft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skype bought by Microsoft
Page 1 of 1