Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.

Go down 
+4
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Bluenose
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:09 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/14/halo-7-8-9-websites-purchased-by-microsoft

Quote :
: Microsoft has provided IGN with the following statement regarding the domains:

“Microsoft often acquires various domain names as part of its ongoing business strategy, but beyond that we have no comment.”

Original story follows:

Microsoft has purchased domains related to Halo 7, Halo 8 and Halo 9. Registered by internet brand protection company MarkMonitor, Microsoft acquired Halo7.net, Halo7.org, Halo8.org, Halo 9.net and Halo9.org within the past 48 hours.

The domains were registered by DNStination, Inc., a service administered by MarkMonitor. MarkMonitor lists Microsoft as a “strategic alliance” on its official site and has worked to register Microsoft domains in the past.

Microsoft has previously announced that the upcoming Halo 4 will begin a series of three games known as the Reclaimer Trilogy. While that trilogy will presumably include Halo 4, 5 and 6, this is the first hint that Microsoft could already be actively planning for games beyond that. Just recently, a 343 Industries job listing suggested a Halo game is already in the works for next-gen consoles.

This is the second high-profile domain registration by Microsoft in recent months, following a series of Xbox 8 domains the company secured back in July. It’s likely that Microsoft is simply protecting its brand by registering these new Halo domains, though it's worth noting that Microsoft doesn't own Halo.com and only acquired Halo4.com after the game's E3 2011 announcement. We’ve reached out for comment just in case.

For now, the only future Halo game announced is Halo 4, which will hit stores on November 6th. For much more, check out our Halo 4 wiki guide and information on Halo 4’s changes to Capture the Flag announced at PAX.

Damn, it seems that Halo is going to last a lot longer than we thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:26 pm

I gotta agree with Mecha, stop at halo 6 and don't turn it into a second call of duty.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Is it possible that these three games could just end up being spin-offs with different titles?

All I know is that I'm done with Halo. Maybe I'll get into it again in the future, but for now I'm kinda tired of it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Milkage at its finest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Duke wrote:
Milkage at its finest.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:51 am

This is a precaution by MS, not a "hey, we are making a third trilogy"
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:39 am

I personally love halo can't get enough of it, they can milk it too because at least they always strive to make it better each time unlike 'lets just do the same each time' call of duty
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 am

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
I personally love halo can't get enough of it, they can milk it too because at least they always strive to make it better each time unlike 'lets just do the same each time' call of duty

I don't know about better, but different, sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.   Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft bought Halo 7,8, and 9 domains.
Page 1 of 1