Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC GAMERS UMAD!?

Go down 
+7
BioDemon
Archduke
Shigdig
Blixtstorm
TheJubJub5721
RamboOnRedBull
Orc
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 pm

How often have you found yourself lost and confused about anything pc-related and so you run over to your nearest pc gamer and have them enlighten you?
Uh huh, and how often have they been wrong or failed to describe the full picture? :what:
This has happened so often that I gave up on pc gaming as a whole and stuck to handhelds and my xbox 360 for long...too long. :Okay:
Luckily Blixtstorm, perhaps the only logical thinking pc gamer I've met, helped me out.

You ask someone about laptops priced between £400-700 that can run games on medium/high, most pc gamers say "no there aint any!! no laptops that price can run gaemz!! BUILD UR OWN RIG!! U CAN DO IT FOR LIEK £100 :lie: !!!" :fuckthat:

Well Blixtstorm told me specs I should look out for and I went on a hunt for laptops. :fuckyea:

A few hours of searching and I found Acer's Aspire 5750G. There were many different models that had different specs but I found the perfect one for just £500.

Do you know what this baby can run (it can run anything on max but this is what it can run smoothly) :

Oblivion on high
Deus Ex Human Revolution on high
Fable 3 on high
Lord of the Rings online on high
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on high
Heroes of Might n Magic 5 on high
Two Worlds 2 on high
Wolfteam on high
Rome Total War on high
Champions Online on high

Furthermore, I read that even The Witcher 2 and Crysis can run well on medium settings at least :megusta:

So pc gamers, please use your brain or use the internet to research this kind of stuff because you clearly know fuck all. Except for Blixtstorm of course :lulzsec:

4GB of RAM
Geforce 540M graphics card with 1GB dedicated
Intel Dual Core i5-2410M with up to 2.9ghz on each core
500GB harddrive.

Last edited by Lykos on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:42 pm

"Fable 3 on high" So? PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345
"4GB of RAM" :lolguy:

Welfare RAM is welfare I love you
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:14 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:

Seriously, STFU. Im gonna ban you next time you say stupid shit like this elitist welfare crap. I have banned for it before.

Also, lol you seem mad lykos? But I don't think you ever asked me Razz but laptops are not good for gaming, yeah it can run it but laptops do not have very good ventilation. Over heating becomes a bigger issue when using all that power at once.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Well i heard that while laptops can run games very good thats not the problem. I heard the main issue is overheating and that it breaks the laptop quicker. (only just heard it)

P.S that is the exact same laptop i was planning to buy before it got sold out.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:52 pm

This is the point i have been trying to get through to people.

Master Race is something you are raised in to, thus giving you understanding of how shit works in the real world.

Wannabe Master Race are "ex-Wellfare" and new to the PC Master Race and without knowledge on what things would work together. These people will say that you need a 1000€ PC to run everything.

Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PC GAMERS UMAD!? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:05 pm

"Glorious 'no social life' master race."
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Universe wrote:
"Glorious 'no social life' master race."

^^^^

says the COD fanboy.

thanks lykos. I might buy a new gaming PC or laptop when I have the money for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Wow, this is the first I've heard about overheating.

But it hasn't been a problem so far and I have been spending whole days gaming on it with Utorrent downloading 10GBs worth of shit, with steam and internet open. It has gotten hot, yes but it has yet to overheat on me.

And no I did not speak with you, Jubby but when I made a "recommend me a laptop" thread, all you wrote was "pretty much any laptop would be good for school", completely disregrding the fact that I needed to be able to game on it. xD
http://www.g7gaming.net/t2067-recommend-me-a-laptop-please

Thank you once more Blixt.

And one thing people need to get through their heads is that there is more than just good pcs and shit pcs. That's right Rambo, 4GB is not the highest you can get but it's not the lowest either. There's more than 2 sides of the spectrum I love you
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Laptops aren't good for gaming because they have ventilation issues and you can't (most of the time) upgrade them. That's why you were getting a lot of PC gamers telling you to buy a desktop.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Its still a laptop.
/end
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:44 pm

BioDemon wrote:
Laptops aren't good for gaming because they have ventilation issues and you can't (most of the time) upgrade them. That's why you were getting a lot of PC gamers telling you to buy a desktop.

Ventilation issues aren't an issue unless you live somewhere with really hot weather (I live in England.. Im fine) or keep it on for 2 days in a row.

Upgrading.. yeah but I never upgraded my regular pcs. I don't care really. When I need a new laptop, I will buy a new laptop.
The point is that I wanted to know if there are any LAPTOPS that can run Oblivion on medium settings at least that are less than 500 but pc gamers claimed there wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Lykos wrote:
BioDemon wrote:

Ventilation issues aren't an issue unless you live somewhere with really hot weather (I live in England.. Im fine) or keep it on for 2 days in a row.

Upgrading.. yeah but I never upgraded my regular pcs. I don't care really. When I need a new laptop, I will buy a new laptop.
The point is that I wanted to know if there are any LAPTOPS that can run Oblivion on medium settings at least that are less than 500 but pc gamers claimed there wasn't.

It's better to upgrade then buy. It will last longer.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 pm

You have to charge your laptop every 5 hours.

End.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
This is the point i have been trying to get through to people.

Master Race is something you are raised in to, thus giving you understanding of how shit works in the real world.

Wannabe Master Race are "ex-Wellfare" and new to the PC Master Race and without knowledge on what things would work together. These people will say that you need a 1000€ PC to run everything.

I lol'd. You talk like there is actually a Master Race PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345
Back to top Go down
DuckSock
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
DuckSock

Stature : 0

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 am

Greg Jennings wrote:

End.

This made me lol.
Technically you have to "charge" your pc non-stop, considering you can never unplug it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:24 pm

DuckSock wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

End.

This made me lol.
Technically you have to "charge" your pc non-stop, considering you can never unplug it.

Razz Razz PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 pm

DuckSock wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

End.

This made me lol.
PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345 PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345 PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345 PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345 Arguement invalid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Victor_Krom
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Victor_Krom

Stature : 0
Wales
Playing : Im not funny

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Nvidia10

im at 2010 : )
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm

^ lol
To be fair pc gamers aren't gonna be updating their rig every year without fail. If they did they'd end up paying way more than consoles anyway. (You buy a console and it lasts about 5 years before the next generation starts).
But yeah pc gaming is generally better.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Victor_Krom wrote:
PC GAMERS UMAD!? Nvidia10

im at 2010 : )

omg it's mikenuge everyone run!!!11!!11!!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Duke wrote:
DuckSock wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

End.

This made me lol.

Razz Razz PC GAMERS UMAD!? 725796345

Hey that was my sock account PC GAMERS UMAD!? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 12:38 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

You know what I got Fable III again on my PC recently. It's a fucking tough game to run on high/ultra settings at a decent framerate. I shit you not, with hardware up to date with (even better than) the PS4 and Xbox One, it was chugging along at some points. Like the mountainside, where you've got tons of trees, a great draw distance of mountains and shit, with all the shadows and reflections,etc, it's seriously a demanding game to run. More-so than Alan Wake for example.
PC GAMERS UMAD!? Mi0qYA0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC GAMERS UMAD!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC GAMERS UMAD!?   PC GAMERS UMAD!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC GAMERS UMAD!?
Page 1 of 1