Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i hope this can finally happen

Go down 
+2
Orion
Mr Canai Spy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

i hope this can finally happen  Empty
PostSubject: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:32 pm

With all this talk of cloud gaming and dedicated servers maybe it would be possible to finally get some cross platform multiplayer games that would be really cool what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

i hope this can finally happen  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I wouldn't want to play with Xbox children
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

i hope this can finally happen  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:49 pm

I still don't have a clue on what cloud gaming really is?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

i hope this can finally happen  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Mecha wrote:
You can store saves on a giant server, and Microsoft claims that developers can also store assets and files on that server, which would save room on the disc, meaning less wait time on installs. The only downside is that if you're not connected online, you can't access saves or vital assets on that server.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

i hope this can finally happen  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Mecha wrote:
You can store saves on a giant server, and Microsoft claims that developers can also store assets and files on that server, which would save room on the disc, meaning less wait time on installs. The only downside is that if you're not connected online, you can't access saves or vital assets on that server.

Sigh. Why does next-gen have to be so complicated? I miss the days where consoles were simple, and all you wanted to do is play games. It's kinda like a step backwards in gaming. Oh well. As long as my gaming experience goes smooth, then that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:34 am

Just looking at a thread Padders made about FF XIV (14), an MMO, and it's not releasing on the Xbone because of Microsofts policies in regards to cross platform play so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:59 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
developers can also store assets and files on that server, which would save room on the disc, meaning less wait time on installs.

That's kinda funny Maxis said the exact same thing. Saying their game wouldn't have be able to run because home computers couldn't handle the load, which turned out to be total bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i hope this can finally happen    i hope this can finally happen  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i hope this can finally happen
Page 1 of 1