Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hope you like monitoring!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

Hope you like monitoring! Empty
PostSubject: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:38 pm

"The source claimed that the Xbox One's integrated Kinect camera is capable of scanning a room and using its facial recognition software to detect foreign users. If Kinect detects someone it does not recognize, it then audibly asks this person to identify themselves. Once this is done, the Kinect saves the information to the console, according to the report. "

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-can-talk-report-6408871
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Wonderful. It's like having your own personal Gestapo in your home.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:54 am

Big brother is watching you.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:44 am

The question is, does it save and transmit information ? If not everything's fine.
Of course it has to save something for the face recognition, but is that all ? And does it keep the information stored local on the xbox hardrive, or does it also send a backup of everything online ?

Because if this thing saves data for recognition, voices or even videos and audio clips online without telling you, I'm pretty sure it's illegal. And creepy.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:43 am

Can't the Kinect detect your hearbeat?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:50 am

Teckno wrote:
Can't the Kinect detect your hearbeat?

yup. and it can see you in the day with IR.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:58 am

What if Kinect goes Hal on our ass like in Space Odyssey. :O
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope you like monitoring!   Hope you like monitoring! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hope you like monitoring!
Page 1 of 1