Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One

Go down 
+10
Stoney
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
Bluenose
Orion
Mr Canai Spy
Gutzahn
Based Sonji
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 am

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One Cliff-10

Quote :
Fire from the sky and demons in your closet; Microsoft’s reversal of its Xbox One DRM policies is the first sign of gaming’s imminent apocalypse, according to Gears of War creator Cliff Bleszinski.

“More studios WILL close and you’ll see more PC and mobile games,” he said when asked what will happen now that Microsoft’s vision of a digital future has been at least temporarily scuppered.

His next comment seemed to imply that the continued existence of used games takes a huge bite out of profits.

“I have seen the number of unique gamer tags vs actual sales numbers and it ain’t pretty,” he said, although he cannot reveal figures due to NDAs.

“I want developers who worked their asses off to see money on every copy of their game that is sold instead of Gamestop. Fuck me, right?”

Unable to recover all this supposed revenue lost to used games – which, by the way, assumes that all the people using these avenues to access games would just fork out a triple-A cover price if given no other choice – Bleszinski predicted consequences for the industry.

“Brace yourselves. More tacked on multiplayer and DLC are coming,” he said. “You’re also about to see available microtransactions skyrocket. HATS FOR EVERYONE.

“You’re going to see digital versions of your favorite games with added “features” and content to lure you to digital over disc based. ‘Do whatever it takes to keep that disc in that tray’ is the mantra of developers in a disc based world.”

Bleszinski was a staunch defender of Microsoft’s licensing policies; he noted that “digital distribution brought us Blood Dragon and Minecraft on console”, and when asked who would win this console generation, nominated Valve.

The outspoken developer was unwilling to credit gamers with the change in Microsoft’s policies, either. Bleszinski said that Microsoft couldn’t “do well in that space” if its core fanbase was unhappy.

“Especially when users have a choice. The nature of capitalism encourages competition and Sony played into that,” he said.

He then retweeted a comment disparaging the efforts of hashtag campaigners in the context of ongoing violence in Turkey.

“Sony forced Microsoft’s hand, not the internet whining,” he added.

Thanks, CVG. Twitter Links: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:10 am

"Muh Gears of War 3 only sold 5.90 million copies thanks to people buying muh game used"

Cliff Bleszinski is one of those dudes you just want to punch in the face even if you don't know the guy. Does this guy think of anything else other than making money?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:27 pm

This dude is such a fucking tool.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:42 pm

I kinda like the way this guy expresses his opinions. I don' like all of his opinions, but he himself seems like a pretty cool guy.
Often seems like he is just blurting out his opinions without caring how people will react to that. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:43 pm

he's always got electric for his vacuum cleaner
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 pm

If I ever meet this guy first fucking thing im going to do is punch him in the throat
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

:)
Yeah, the stuff people say to defend always on is pretty funny most of the time ^^

Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to stay connected : It's called xbox 360 Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One 725796345

Too bad micro stopped their stupid policies, there was much fun to be had with the interviews and parodies, a comedy era is coming to it's end Sad
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
:)
Yeah, the stuff people say to defend always on is pretty funny most of the time ^^

Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to stay connected : It's called xbox 360 Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One 725796345

Too bad micro stopped their stupid policies, there was much fun to be had with the interviews and parodies, a comedy era is coming to it's end Sad

What makes you think they stopped?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Well they had like a real cool run of bad decisions and stupid stuff. And now they have this c-c-c-combo breaker that ruined the fun. Because now it looks like they atleast tried.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Sorry, I made that post before seeing Microsofts change of policies.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
This dude is such a fucking tool.

This x1000
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Trading in games is how a lot of people buy new games in the first place. Killing the second hand market would shrink the game industry overall. I don't like gamestop but implementing policies that takes every party down a notch isn't going to help.

It's strange that Cliffy would site "more microtransactions" as a con of MS removing these policies. IIRC He was defending microtransactions earlier.

Orion wrote:
If I ever meet this guy first fucking thing im going to do is punch him in the throat

You aren't going to do shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 am

And he's still pissed...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/my-money-is-on-the-pc-mobile-and-tablets-bleszinski-blog-reflects-on-xbox-one-u-turn/
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:56 am

Him and Total Biscuit are scummy cunts. I hate the both of them, moreso Clifford "I have the most ANNOYING face in the world" Blesinskisisksissizzi. 

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One Cliffy-b1

A multi millionaire, retired at 38, complaining about used games. Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One 725796345Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:04 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Trading in games is how a lot of people buy new games in the first place. Killing the second hand market would shrink the game industry overall. I don't like gamestop but implementing policies that takes every party down a notch isn't going to help.

It's strange that Cliffy would site "more microtransactions" as a con of MS removing these policies. IIRC He was defending microtransactions earlier.

Orion wrote:

Fuck u, u terrorist, i'd fucking charge at him
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Orion wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

Orion wrote:

Fuck u, u terrorist, i'd fucking charge at him

Orion you remind me of a Yorkshire terrier
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:49 pm

If this came from a struggling developer, then I'd respect it. But this rich fucktard won't get any respect from me.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:01 pm

I know I mentioned this earlier but this issue is a double-edged sword.

On one side there is the used game market, where it can create a massive gaming market by allowing the sale of cheaper used and pre-owned games and systems that those in worse financial standing can purchase.

One the other side you have the dev teams who only makes about $9-$10 (USD) for every $60 game, and nothing for every used or pre-owned game. You know all those people who complain about every game being like COD or dumbing down for the mainstream or what-have-you? Well that is a consequence devs would rather take the sure-fire going-to-sell-millions route even if it means that it is the same recycled COD clone you have played a million times before. Taking risks only works for bigger companies usually, for example while Aksys is by no means in trouble last I checked, I love BlazBlue, yet look at it's combined sales for the most recent BB game and compare it to a COD game.

BB-74,533 copies 
COD-7,400,000 copies (X360 and PS3 sales numbers only, referring to BO2)

This means that Aksys only made anywhere from $6,707.97 to $7,453.30 where as Treyarch made anywhere from $666,000 to $740,000 on BO2 alone, assuming I did my math right, as well as the $9-$10 thing (note that I heard that thrown around in a few places but could not get an exact number, though I hear a lot on the web that devs really don't get a significant cut at all).

Also I am only playing devils advocate here.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Wow if that's how much they made with BlazeBlue, I'd hardly even call it a profit considering the developing costs and the employee payment. 7,000$ is nothing.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Azazel wrote:
BB-74,533 copies 
COD-7,400,000 copies (X360 and PS3 sales numbers only, referring to BO2)

This means that Aksys only made anywhere from $6,707.97 to $7,453.30 where as Treyarch made anywhere from $666,000 to $740,000 on BO2 alone, assuming I did my math right, as well as the $9-$10 thing (note that I heard that thrown around in a few places but could not get an exact number, though I hear a lot on the web that devs really don't get a significant cut at all).

Also I am only playing devils advocate here.

Using your math your decimals are off by 2 places. If the 8 to 9 dollars thing is true that's probably just the developer and not publisher I find it hard to imagine any publisher selling gamestop a game for less than 10 bucks. Unless you meant to say Arc System Works.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Every market has a second hand market. Cars, DVDs, CDs, cloths, furniture. And do you see companies from these industries complaining about second hand sales? No you don't. Piracy, maybe, but not the selling of legal copies. You cannot take away people's right of first sale away. Anybody who says otherwise is a douchebag tool.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 am

Well I could give you several reasons why that comparison isn't legit.
But someone you all seem to hate already did that :

Maybe the reason several people here don't like him is because Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One 38218273
After 229 seconds he really starts to take the car/DVD/furniture and all argument apart.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:14 am

I miss the good ol' days when Cliff Bleszinski wasn't a stupid ass-hat who gave his unwanted opinion on everything. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 am

Another fucktard defending DRM.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/24/xbox-one-ex-bulletstorm-dev-defends-microsofts-anti-used-policies/
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 am

Stop bullshitting Mecha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One   Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cliff Bleszinski isn't happy with Microsoft removing DRM on Xbox One
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next