Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" Empty
PostSubject: Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality"   Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:08 am

Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" Cliffy10

Quote :
Capcom recently came under fire for saying content locked on the disc is basically the same as downloadable content, which incited the ire of many fans.

But according to Epic Games design boss Cliff Bleszinski says it's just an "unfortunate reality" of the industry. In speaking to GameSpot on the subject, CliffyB said gamers should probably just accept this as part of the gaming industry and the development process.

"When you're making a game, and you're getting into a ship cycle, there's often three or four months where the game is basically done. And you have an idle team that needs to be working on things. And often for compatibility issues, [on] day one, some of that content does need to be on-disc. It's an ugly truth of the gaming industry. I'm not the biggest fan of having to do it, but it is one of the unfortunate realities."

The solution? Bleszinski suggests that if games were distributed digitally, this wouldn't be an issue. "If we can't get to fully downloadable games, then you can just buy a $30 horror game and just have it, and that stuff will thankfully go away." Of course, the hardcore gamers aren't too interested in seeing physical media disappear so maybe they need another solution. Either that, or we'll just have to live with on-disc "dlc."

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality"   Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 am

Its only an unfortunate reality because some gamers are so fucking retarded enough to tolerate it.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality"   Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:46 pm

How about this Cliffy:

If you put DLC on our disk, we don't buy your game. Got it?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality"   Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Or how about this...if its a compatibility issue then we shouldnt be fucking paying for it. Make it free DLC.

You dun goofed....we pay for it? Go away before i slap you in the face with that plastic resin lancer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality"   Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cliff Bleszinski: On-disc DLC an "unfortunate reality"
Page 1 of 1