Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yeezus Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Yeezus Review  Empty
PostSubject: Yeezus Review    Yeezus Review  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:53 am

Not many reviews done here, but I thought I'd go track by track and do one of Yeezus (Kanye West). Shit has been mad hype for about 5 months now.

1. On Sight -- Easily the weakest track on the album. It was produced by Daft Punk and honestly, this song belongs more on Random Access Memories than any song on Random Access Memories. Sounds like it came straight from the Atari days, to be honest with you. Not really digging it, even though it is one of the more lyric-filled songs on the album. This is more of a party banger, used to get the place going I guess. Yeezy spouts something about backing a girl up and putting his dick in her mouth. Nice. 3/5.

2. Black Skinhead -- One of the strongest songs on all of Yeezus. The song begins with some heavy breathing and some tribal screaming in the background, making way for some humming. The song jumps straight into the action and is in your face throughout. Kanye gives a big fuck you to any questions you got, asks for trojans, and calls himself a menace all in one song. It is definitely one of the darker songs on the album is definitely a turn from what Kanye fans are accustomed to. The song lacks intensity, but its otherwise great. 4/5.

3. I Am A God -- This song continues the dark-beat theme from Black Skinhead and really takes a while to get going, even though the first lyrics are "I am a god, hurry up with my damn massage, hurry up with my damn minaj, get the porsche out the damn garage". This song has some of the weakest production in the entire album, but lyrically it is definitely higher up than most of the other tracks. I usually skip this song when it plays. Don't really fuck with it. 3/5.

4. New Slaves -- Definitely one of the best songs in the whole album. The beat is haunting and lively at the same time, with some of the best lyrical content you'll hear from Yeezy on the album. He bashes corporate America and black people in this track. What else would you expect from Yeezy? Kanye explicitly says he wants to fuck white America and cum in all their wives. He lets loose on this track. Frank Ocean ends the song with some melodic humming that ends the song on an incredibly high note. Thank Yeezus that Kanye pretty much has artistic freedom on all of his work because a song like this would never get through the higher ups. 5/5.

5. Hold My Liquor -- I really, really hate Chief Keef.... But somehow, Kanye made him likeable on this track. The production on this track is top notch Kanye, deep bass, slight drums, and a blaring horn after every bar. This song explores the inner-Kanye and his massive ego. Both Keef and Yeezy go hard on this track and create a track that's perfect for blasting in your car. Really chill song with a beat that's real easy to follow and jam to. 4/5.

6. I'm In It -- "Eatin' Asian pussy, all I need is sweet n' sour sauce". Kanye isn't trying to hide the meaning behind this song with any metaphors or double entendre smoke screen. This song is about unadulterated sex. That's it. Kanye tells a girl that she desperately needs his reptile. The production is loud and aggressive, almost like a real nightmare. The drums and bass are really, really, really loud. Kanye's finger prints are all over this production and as such, creates one of the most likeable songs form the entire album. You'll find yourself bobbing your head to this track and grimacing every time. 5/5.

7. Blood on the Leaves -- Let me get this out of the way: Not only is this by far, the best song on Yeezus, it is one of the greatest hip hop songs of the last decade. The song starts with a clear sample of Strange Fruits, a song about lynching. Kanye uses the autotune and sings lyrics that sounds incredibly reminiscent to 808s & Heartbreak, with a low piano playing in the background. Then, almost out of nowhere, one of the greatest beats in hip hop history is dropped. It's hard to explain and just needs to be listened to. This production is hip hop perfection. The first half of the song is filled with Kanye singing, where the second half is the hardest verse on the entirety of the album. "She Instagram herself like bad bitch alert; he instagram his watch like mad rich alert. He only wants to see that ass in reverse, two-thousand dollar bag with no cash in her purse". The only thing wrong with this song is that I can't listen to the beat for the first time ever again. 1000000/5

8. Guilt Trip -- One of the slower songs on the album. This song sounds like it belongs on 808s & Heartbreak as well. This song definitely sounds like a love ballad, but I haven't had much time to really digest it. Lasers are going off front and center on this beat, with some slight guitar and bass that lead into some heavy classical intros. Kid Cudi sings for a bit on this track and really ties the whole thing together. I really like this track, but it doesn't belong on this album. 4/5.

9. Send It Up -- Oh god, this sample. This beat is loud as fuck. It's in your face, mean, nasty, and everything else at the same time. Blaring horns are constant throughout this track and they change in pitch constantly. Not really sure who raps the first verse, but Kanye delivers on his verse. "Yeezus just rose again!" Not really much to say on this track. Doesn't even really seem like a Kanye song. Still solid though. The ending sample is annoying as fuck though. 3/5

10. Bound 2 -- This is the final track on the album, and Kanye takes you on a journey through time and space to apparently listen to College Dropout. This song is so reminiscent of that masterpiece, in fact, that I thought the album had finished and my iPod had just jumped to it. The production is heartfelt yet grand. This song makes me feel like there is a Part 2 to this album coming, especially with the length of the song. This song is amazing in its own right, and I don't care what album its on. This is the second best song on the album. "One good girl is worth a thousand bitches". 5/5

OVERALL: This album is dope as fuck. The production is some of the best Kanye has ever done. The Kanye is sorely lacking in the lyrical department, but something tells me that Yeezy wanted the production to be the main focus. The lyrics feel like filler, but it doesn't matter. This album feels like a massive opera was shrunk into a small CD. Kanye ventures into unexplored hip-hop territory with this production and innovates the genre for the 3rd time.

4.5/5
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

Yeezus Review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeezus Review    Yeezus Review  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:58 am

I need to get off my ass and listen to Yeezus
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Yeezus Review  Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Yeezus Review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeezus Review    Yeezus Review  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Well the fact that Kanye is a total dick kinda turns me off to his music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Yeezus Review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeezus Review    Yeezus Review  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:06 pm

^^

Who cares about his personality? The dude makes good fucking music. All that matters.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Yeezus Review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeezus Review    Yeezus Review  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Great review. Album sounds amazing from what I've heard so far. Yeezus Review  2505020059
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

Yeezus Review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeezus Review    Yeezus Review  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeezus Review
Page 1 of 1