Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" Empty
PostSubject: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" GTA5-Article-Top
Quote :
Take-Two Interactive CEO Strass Zelnick doesn't think it necessary to "punish" consumers for purchasing second-hand games, arguing that "pushing up quality" and delivering robust DLC is a more effective way of persuading people to keep hold of the disc. That said, he's bang up for a share of Microsoft's rumoured Xbox One "pre-owned fee", assuming the scheme actually exists.

A few days ago, MCV reported that retailers will pay a fee to Microsoft and the associated publisher for every Xbox One game they resell, via the Azure cloud computing service.

Here's how the system is said to work for consumers: when you take a game back to the shop it'll register as having been traded on Microsoft's system, which will automatically wipe the installed game files from your Xbox One hard drive. Microsoft has refused to discuss any of this, naturally, stating that its pre-owned policy is still being finalised.
"There's no question that if Microsoft has figured out a way to tax used games, then we should get paid, too," Zelnick told audiences at the Cowen Technology, Media, and Telecom Conference, via Gamespot. "It's hard to imagine why they should and we shouldn't."

Some developers and publishers have called for manufacturers to deter or even "block" the use of pre-owned games on next generation hardware. Crytek's director of creative development Rasmus Hojengaard once described the idea as "absolutely awesome", albeit "from a business perspective". Zelnick favours the carrot over the stick, however.

"Our view about used games has been, as opposed to whining or figuring out ways to punish the consumer for buying used games, we've figured out we better delight the consumer," he said. "Let's push up our quality, which you've seen in our Metacritic scores, and then let's make sure to give people DLC, often free, three or four weeks out - which is the time you're at risk for them trading in their game."
"If you can keep the game in consumer's hands for eight weeks, you almost don't care anymore about used game sales, because it's the first eight weeks that really nail you."

Man talks a lot of sense - but then I guess I would say that, as a person who buys games rather than making them. What do you think?
http://www.oxm.co.uk/55086/gta-5-publisher-if-microsoft-is-taxing-used-games-we-should-get-paid-too/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Absolutely. I don't see why Microsoft should be making money off of something that isn't theirs to begin with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Microsoft I making money because they built the system. Although I think it's absolutely fucking retarded. Can I post futanari?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Take-Two CEO on plan for used games   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:00 pm

This has already.been posted
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Where was it posted?

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:36 pm

http://www.g7gaming.net/t8064-gta-5-publisher-if-microsoft-is-taxing-used-games-we-should-get-paid-too
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:44 pm

Oops!
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:08 pm

Thread's merged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"   GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTA 5 Publisher: "if Microsoft is taxing used games, we should get paid too"
Page 1 of 1