Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games

Go down 
+4
Pickles1337
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:24 am

Quote :
Xbox 360 players are going to see "more and more" core Kinect games revealed in the future, as interest from developers "spikes" following a phenomenal Christmas.

That's according to the senior producer of Microsoft's interactive entertainment business, Kevin Unangst, who told CVG at the firm's spring showcase event this month that the core games revealed so far are "just the beginning" of what's in store.

"There are many [hardcore games] coming," he said. "This is sort of scratching the surface of what's happening, but we've got Child of Eden here today, we've got Twisted Pixel's Gunstringer... and certainly you're going to see more.

"We're not even a hundred days since we launched Kinect yet. It was very intentional with Kinect to go out and deliver blockbusters like Kinect Sports and Dance Central - games that resonated with a broader audience."

Unangst added that although Kinect games can be built with virtually the same tools and technology used to make core games, "we're going to do it in a way that's organic and natural to the game".

"We did not go out and say, 'we're just going to slap Kinect on and put that out there,' we don't want a bunch of add-ons - it's got to make sense in light of the game," he said.

"There's a whole host of things [for core developers], whether it's voice control, face recognition and all the tech that Kinect makes possible. Now that we've got it in the hands of developers you're going to see more and more core games.

"This is just the beginning."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292274/news/ms-youre-going-to-see-more-and-more-core-kinect-games/

How about some real xbox 360 controller exclusives. Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games 21888
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 am

I want Exclusives that use the normal 360 controller.
Enough with Kinect games!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
How about some real xbox 360 controller exclusives. Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games 21888
Amen.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 am

You mean just like on ''Feb. 24th, we'll be announcing some new hardcore games that will make everyone happy!''

Stop talking out of your ass MS. Just show us something.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:16 pm

I think in the future most people will use motion control.

Just a hunch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

Just a hunch.

As horrible as that sounds, you might be right. But then again we still have the core genre's at the right moment to save us.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Just a hunch.

As horrible as that sounds, you might be right. But then again we still have the core genre's at the right moment to save us.

I don't think it'll be horrible. It'll just be... different...and someone is eventually going to do it right.

Just look at what Halo did to console FPS games. All Kinect needs is the equivalent of that.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
Just look at what Halo did to console FPS games. All Kinect needs is the equivalent of that.
Assuming Kinect is even the one to move motion controls properly into the core game scene.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Quote :
I don't think it'll be horrible. It'll just be... different...and someone is eventually going to do it right.

Yeah halo is great but then again it did popularize the genre that made call of fucking duty big. =/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Promises, promises. I'm not going to believe a word they say until we actually get to see these "core games"
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:44 pm

LOL at above comments.

"Core Kinect Games" doesn't mean exclusive to Kinect. It means core games that support motion controls. KZ3 is labeled as a "PS move" game, and it can still be played with a DS3.

But anyways, ofcourse we are going to see more core games in the future. What I don't like is their inconsistancy. They have one great year and they follow it with a bad one.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
LOL at above comments.

"Core Kinect Games" doesn't mean exclusive to Kinect. It means core games that support motion controls. KZ3 is labeled as a "PS move" game, and it can still be played with a DS3.

But anyways, ofcourse we are going to see more core games in the future. What I don't like is their inconsistancy. They have one great year and they follow it with a bad one.

The PS Move has buttons. Kinect doesn't. So I don't think it'll be as easy to slap on motion-control to Halo as it would be for Killzone.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:49 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
LOL at above comments.

No it's not. Think you got that the wrong way around.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
You mean just like on ''Feb. 24th, we'll be announcing some new hardcore games that will make everyone happy!''

haha my thoughts exactly. Hypno for president.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:45 am

Lykos wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:

haha my thoughts exactly. Hypno for president.
Agreed. Stop fucking around microsoft or hypno will kick you in teh nutz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games   Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games
Page 1 of 1