Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal

Go down 
+2
Stoney
Bluenose
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:03 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/85-million-people-watched-the-xbox-one-reveal?abthid=51a66bfbde34a5ce0500001a

Quote :
Microsoft has reported record-breaking viewership for the reveal of Xbox One. According to Microsoft, more than 8.45 million people watched the reveal in a 24 hour period, “rivaling one of the top-most concurrent streamed events of all time.”

Xbox.com saw its highest amount of concurrent viewers ever, “with almost three times as many people watching the livestream at the same time, versus any other major event in Xbox.com history.”

Microsoft also reports that its streaming partner Akamai said the event “was among the most watched live broadcasts delivered by Akamai in their history, nearly doubling peak traffic records and eclipsing concurrent viewership high-water marks set by events such as the 2010 World Cup, Royal Wedding in 2011, and 2012 election night.”

You can watch the event below, and be sure to check out IGN’s post-show commentary from special guest Peter Molyneux.

Damn. 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal 4240191902

I wonder if they have that type of statistic for the PS4 conference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:15 pm

So that's 8.5 million lost sales?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Stoney wrote:

Lol. Those preorder sales might go against that notion though. It's like people just want to get get fucked Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Stoney wrote:

lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Thing is : We all get the feeling Microsoft failed big time, and we only hear bad things about it.
You know why that is ? We are all core gamers who spend a above average amount of time playing and informing ourselves about games. And core gamers are talking about this stuff much more and louder than casuals and families.
So we only hear what the core thinks.

But the casuals, families and others don't really give a fuck and are not informed enough to be bothered by the flaws of a system like that.

The only thing they maybe take in to consideration are

- The Price
- If they buy it for their kids : Are there also games that look interesting to play together with my kids ? (Casual Wii-Mote and Kinect Action)
- Are their any big disatvantages to the machine ? ( People say it breaks easily etc. )

So they see that the Ps4 has a lot of core games they don't care about.
Then they see the Xbox and see that they also have some core games AND Kinect family stuff. And additionaly it has all these features they don't understand, BUT HEY it's additional so it can only be good right ?

They don't understand that this will get into the way of the actual gaming, because they don't care as much. And thats why this casual "all-in-one" philosophy might actually work out, and sell more units even though it seems impossible to core gamers everywhere right now.

They just see : Both have the Call of Duty my Son wants to play, but this one also has other stuff.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:33 am

Stoney wrote:

:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:40 am

I thought the Humana population was only 7 million
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
Thing is : We all get the feeling Microsoft failed big time, and we only hear bad things about it.
You know why that is ? We are all core gamers who spend a above average amount of time playing and informing ourselves about games. And core gamers are talking about this stuff much more and louder than casuals and families.

But the casuals, families and others don't really give a fuck and are not informed enough to be bothered by the flaws of a system like that.

- The Price
- If they buy it for their kids : Are there also games that look interesting to play together with my kids ? (Casual Wii-Mote and Kinect Action)
- Are their any big disatvantages to the machine ? ( People say it breaks easily etc. )

Then they see the Xbox and see that they also have some core games AND Kinect family stuff. And additionaly it has all these features they don't understand, BUT HEY it's additional so it can only be good right ?

They don't understand that this will get into the way of the actual gaming, because they don't care as much. And thats why this casual "all-in-one" philosophy might actually work out, and sell more units even though it seems impossible to core gamers everywhere right now.

They just see : Both have the Call of Duty my Son wants to play, but this one also has other stuff.

Great point and I think a great example would be how successful the Wii was.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Gutzahn wrote:

- The Price

I think the used games fee thing will be a pretty big deal. If anything it's the casuals who are frequently buying used and renting because they are the ones looking to save money, not the core gamers.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Good point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal   8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8.5 Million People Watched the Xbox One Reveal
Page 1 of 1