Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live Empty
PostSubject: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:50 pm

DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live 5bKBLLI

DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Ads have been in comics since the dawn of time
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah comics have had ads in since forever, however not usually those fugly ass banners
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:37 pm

horrible.

at least mangas get ads for body pillows and figures.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Ads have been in comics since the dawn of time

Well yes, normal adverts with their respective pages. As Orion said, NOT fugly banners. I have never encountered front-page ads on comic books before and I have 3 separate DC comics that have ad banners at the top. It's fucking irritating.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Weymouth

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Oh yes banners on cover art is shit
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Thank god they stopped doing that, although they did it for like 6 months straight on every issue, I know some people who stopped buying it because of that
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Oh it was only a temporary thing? That's a relief. Honestly what you said doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I would think twice about buying a comic I wanted just because of the banner. In my eyes it lowers the quality and the value! I mean it could be the best comic in the world but you wouldn't want to frame it or display it because it has a stupid dated banner on the front. It even undermines comic books as a valid and respectable art form. I mean imagine this happened:

DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live 50shad10
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Weymouth

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Thought arrow was doing ok don't no why it needs so much advertising :/
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:28 pm

@Lykos lol
@MrCanalSpy Yeah, Arrow has been a mixture for me. I love the Island segments and some of the present day stuff like with Merlyn, China White and Deadshot, but hate the drama stuff with Black Canary, His family and blabla melodramatic bs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live   DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC comics are becoming more like Xbox Live
Page 1 of 1