Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Party vs 3rd Party Support

Go down 
+9
TheJubJub5721
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
ArchAngel
Archduke
Based Sonji
13 posters

Pick one
 1st Party
 3rd Party
View results
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

1st Party vs 3rd Party Support Empty
PostSubject: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:18 pm

What do you think is more important? Do you think it's more important to have an abundance of first-party support or to have an outstanding amount of third-party support? Obviously finding the medium is your best bet, but this thread isn't about that.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:20 pm

1st party. Nintendo's first party games are one of the best game ever made. They sell consoles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Ehh doenst really matter to me, as long as I get good games.first party or not
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Hmm, If I were to choose between the two, I'd choose First part. Because they usually make sure it's quality assured. And first party games is what makes a console distinct from other. If it were all third party, it really doesn't matter which system you buy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Teckno wrote:
Hmm, If I were to choose between the two, I'd choose First part. Because they usually make sure it's quality assured. And first party games is what makes a console distinct from other. If it were all third party, it really doesn't matter which system you buy.

Some third party games are exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:24 pm

I go with first party. Third paries don't last long.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

Call of Duty?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Sonji wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Call of Duty?
Unless they have a milking francise that basicly shits money. ._.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Is this even a question?

Ofcourse 3rd party support is more important. There is obviously a huge gap between the number of 3rd party developers versus 1st party.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Alanski wrote:
Is this even a question?

Ofcourse 3rd party support is more important. There is obviously a huge gap between the number of 3rd party developers versus 1st party.

ahem. Nintendo is better than most, if not, all 3rd party devs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 pm

1st party. I think it would sway the customer more.

And the way things are, the PS4 will be the console of choice next gen. What 1st party titles does MS have?

Halo, Fable and Forza are the only meaningful IP's. Whereas the games like Mass Effect are now multi-plat and the only, probably along with Fable, exclusive that interests me is Gears and that is solely owned by Epic Games so I expect to see future Gears titles across all platforms.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

1st Party vs 3rd Party Support XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 pm

First-party for me. Third-party isn't guaranteed exclusivity.

For example, I might buy a Wii because I want to play the No More Heroes series, a Wii-exclusive third-party franchise. The only problem is that now NMH is on 360 and PS3. NMH Paradise is an HD version of the first NMH games. There goes my reason for buying a Wii. Yes I can still play NMH, but I could've easily bought a 360 or PS3.

However, let's say I wanted a Wii for Super Mario Galaxy. I can be sure that it won't go to to 360 or PS3, and therefore my reason for specifically buying a Wii is concrete.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

1st Party vs 3rd Party Support 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:43 pm

I would say 1st party because if you don't have that big of a first party studio, then you are provably going to end up like Microsoft. It worked for them at the beginning of the generation, but 3rd party support and exclusives don't last very long in this economy. The best way to show you have 3rd party support now a days is to get some sort of exclusive content.

Microsoft has Activision, Bethesda, Epic, and Crytek

While Sony has EA, WB Games, Rockstar, and now Valve.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Ehh doenst really matter to me, as long as I get good games.first party or not

This. If the games good, I could care less who makes it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:31 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Is this even a question?

ahem. Nintendo is better than most, if not, all 3rd party devs.

That's a very opinionated statement. I'm not a fan of any Nintendo games. I don't see how the publisher has anything to do with this. There are generally alot more 3rd party devs hence why there are alot more 3rd party developed AAA budget games than 1st-party developed.

Yes 1st party support is important as pointed out in my MS rant, but 3rd party support IS more important. 1st party support gives a console its iconic games. 3rd party support is important for a number of reasons. First off, 3rd party developed games make up the majority of games on any of the current gen consoles. Second, if one version of a multiplatform game is consistantly shittier (I'm talking about Wii multiplats), then that is one reason to move away from that platform and go to the competition. Everyone is throwing around opinions based around the idea that they like 1st party games more so they are more important, but in the real world 3rd party support is the most important.

The poll question is which is more important, not which catalogue brings you your favorite games. Be honest with your answers.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

1st Party vs 3rd Party Support ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Just exclusives in general. I'll have to go for first party because usually they're better quality (unless it's Nintendo or some such nonsense).
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 pm

I think 3rd party is more important. They make up a bigger percentage of each consoles library.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Wait...is this thread about first 1st and 3rd party exclusivity or just exclusives and multiplats in general?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:12 pm

^^

Both? Do you think it's more important to get exclusive third party titles/content or get more first-party support.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 pm

1st party because devs spend alot of time with them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Sonji wrote:
^^

Both? Do you think it's more important to get exclusive third party titles/content or get more first-party support.

Well even if it's not exclusive I think it's still more important to get third party support over first party support otherwise the system will fail like the Dreamcast did when they didn't get support from EA. The only real advantage I see that first party games have over third party games are graphics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Party vs 3rd Party Support   1st Party vs 3rd Party Support I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Party vs 3rd Party Support
Page 1 of 1