Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Party Support

Go down 
+7
Shigdig
RamboOnRedBull
Archduke
yonny616
Chobo
Mecha
Based Sonji
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

First Party Support Empty
PostSubject: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 pm

This thread is for discussion of First Party Support across all platforms. For now, I'll list the ''already owned'' developers. Also, feel free to talk about the companies that you think should acquire a certain developers.

Sony

• SCE Japan StudioApe Escape, Siren, LocoRoco, Patapon, Ico, The Last Guardian
  • Polyphony DigitalGran Turismo, Motor Toon Grand Prix 2, Tourist Trophy, Omega Boost
  • Naughty DogCrash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter series, Uncharted series
  • SCE Santa Monica StudioKinetica, God of War series, Warhawk with Incognito Entertainment
  • SCE San Diego StudioNBA, MLB: The Show, Modnation Racers
  • Sony BendSyphon Filter, Resistance: Retribution
  • Sony Online EntertainmentEverQuest
  • Zipper InteractiveSOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs series, MAG
  • SCE London StudioSingStar, Eyetoy, PlayStation Home with SCE Studio Cambridge
  • SCE Cambridge StudioMediEvil, PlayTV, PlayStation Home with SCE London Studio
  • SCE Liverpool StudioWipeout, F1
  • Evolution StudiosMotorStorm, World Rally Championship
  • Bigbig StudiosPursuit Force, MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
  • Guerrilla GamesKillzone series
  • Media MoleculeLittleBigPlanet
  • Incognito EntertainmentWarhawk with SCE Studios Santa Monica, Twisted Metal series, Downhill Domination, Calling All Cars
    Sucker Punch Studios - inFamous, Sly Cooper

Microsoft

• 343 Industries: A studio set up to develop future Halo related productions.
  • BigPark: Kinect Joy Ride.
  • Firebird Studios: Set up to help push the visual boundaries of all Xbox 360 titles. Also working on an unannounced game.
  • Good Science Studio: Kinect Adventures [9]
  • Lionhead Studios: Black & White series, Fable series.
  • Rare Ltd.: Banjo-Kazooie series, Battletoads series, Conker series, Perfect Dark series, Viva Piñata series, Kinect Sports
  • Turn 10 Studios: Forza Motorsport series.
  • Xbox Live Productions: Fable II Pub Games, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!
  • Wingnut Interactive: A studio set up in partnership with Peter Jackson to produce "filmic games''.
  • Robot Entertainment: 'Spartan'

Nintendo

• Brownie Brown - Magical Vacation, various Mana titles, Mother 3, Magical series.
  • Intelligent Systems - Fire Emblem series, Metroid, Wario Ware series, Paper Mario series, Advance Wars series.
  • Monolith Soft - Disaster: Day of Crisis (under Nintendo)
  • Nd Cube - F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Wii Party
  • Project Sora - Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Retro Studios - Metroid Prime series
  • AlphaDream - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Tomato Adventure, Mario & Luigi 3
  • Ambrella - Various Pokémon spinoffs.
  • Game Freak - Pokémon series, Drill Dozer.
  • Noise - Custom Robo series
  • skip Ltd. - Chibi-Robo, bit Generations, Art Style series, GiFTPiA, Captain Rainbow
  • Creatures Inc. - Pokémon series, Game Boy Camera, EarthBound.
  • Genius Sonority - Various Pokémon console titles
  • HAL Laboratory - Kirby series, Super Smash Bros.

This is for informative purposes only. Any trolling of any other companies first party support isn't tolerated.
  • Back to top Go down
    Mecha
    Certified IGN Reposter
    Certified IGN Reposter
    Mecha

First Party Support R5MQPRE
    Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm

THIS THREAD IS BIAS!!!!

JK :fuckthat:

But seriously Sony should by off Insomniac next-gen when they get their shit together.
    Back to top Go down
    Chobo
    The Judge
    The Judge
    Chobo

First Party Support 0Qsw2y9
    Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Microsoft Really needs some more First party Developers.

The only studios on their list I recognize are 343, Rare, Lion Head, Turn 10, and Robot(formally Ensemble studios).

They they were to have bought up Bioware, Bizzare Creations, and Crytek, they would definatly have had a fairly strong First Party Team.
    Back to top Go down
    Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I agree with chobo. They had alot of times were they could've gotten a strong first party support with bioware and crytek. I mean 343, lionhead (which are probably gonna focus on kinect more) and turn 10 are great companies. But most companies are either mediocre, working for kinect, or making an untitled alpha project. I say they should atleast get ruffian games and remedy for now as start.
    Back to top Go down
    yonny616
    Post-Game Enemy
    Post-Game Enemy
    yonny616

First Party Support PaKTSrO
    Stature : 187
    Earth
    Playing : The Last of Us.
    Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Sony has a shit load of developers. I think Sony should try and buy Take-Two cause if I remember correctly they were for sell. This way Sony has probably the 2nd biggest franchise which is Grand Theft Auto and other big franchises by Take-Two. Also They could also try and acquire Quanatic Dream.
    Back to top Go down
    Based Sonji
    Hip-Hop Enthusiast
    Hip-Hop Enthusiast
    Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:52 pm

yonny616 wrote:
    Sony has a shit load of developers. I think Sony should try and buy Take-Two cause if I remember correctly they were for sell. This way Sony has probably the 2nd biggest franchise which is Grand Theft Auto and other big franchises by Take-Two. Also They could also try and acquire Quanatic Dream.

I agree on this. Still, it's more likely that MS would buy them than Sony (money-wise).
    Back to top Go down
    Archduke
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Archduke

Stature : 109
    U.S.A.
    Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
    Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Sonji wrote:
    yonny616 wrote:

I agree on this. Still, it's more likely that MS would buy them than Sony (money-wise).

I don't think Quantic Dream has made enough to be proven by Sony that they are quality. They made 2 great games, Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit.
    It will take more for Sony to see quality.

If Sony buys Take 2, then the console war is over. They would dominate everything and get all the big games exclusive. 2k Games and Rockstar being exclusive to one platform would make it like the PS2 days
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
    RamboOnRedBull
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    RamboOnRedBull

First Party Support Z4pMElY
    Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:31 pm

I think this thread seems biased against a certain someone to be honest :/ And that says a LOT when it's coming from a Sony fan First Party Support 725796345

Last edited by RamboOnRedbull on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Based Sonji
    Hip-Hop Enthusiast
    Hip-Hop Enthusiast
    Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm

^^

So facts prove bias to MS?

Sweet.....
    Back to top Go down
    Shigdig
    4um Sabior
    4um Sabior
    Shigdig

First Party Support ZDL7A4I
    Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:36 pm

I hope Sony buys Take 2. Then trolling MS would be much easier.
    Back to top Go down
    Jack the Spectre
    Post-Game Enemy
    Post-Game Enemy
    Jack the Spectre

First Party Support XidKdMN
    Stature : 309
    New York
    Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm all for Microsoft buying Crytek, although the 360 has enough shooters and not enough in the way of diversity.
    Back to top Go down
    RamboOnRedBull
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:44 pm

[quote="Sonji"]^^

So facts prove bias to MS?

Sweet.....[/quote/]

Who said anything about MS?..... :lolguy:
    Back to top Go down
    Archduke
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:45 pm

TRF wrote:
    I'm all for Microsoft buying Crytek, although the 360 has enough shooters and not enough in the way of diversity.

Nice, just way the 360 needs. MOAR SHOOTERS First Party Support 1443829230
    Back to top Go down
    Based Sonji
    Hip-Hop Enthusiast
    Hip-Hop Enthusiast
    Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:46 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
    I think this thread seems biased against MS to be honest :/ And that says a LOT when it's coming from a Sony fan First Party Support 725796345
    Back to top Go down
    RamboOnRedBull
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Sonji wrote:
    RamboOnRedbull wrote:
    I think this thread seems biased against a certain someone to be honest :/ And that says a LOT when it's coming from a Sony fan First Party Support 725796345

What's your point? Razz
    Back to top Go down
    Bluenose
    Founding Father
    Founding Father
    Bluenose

Stature : 264
    Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:25 am

With developers going increasingly 3rd party mode, the next gens won't be as reliant on first party games, but differentiating console features me thinks.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.g7gaming.net
    The_Biotic_God
    Boss Spawn
    Boss Spawn
    The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
    Everywhere
    Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:07 am

I completely disagree Teckno. With most 3rd party exclusives on each platform going multiplatform, next gen exclusive games will have to come from a 1st party studio. Exclusive games are a necessity. The main reason I bought a 360/PS3 were to play games like Halo and Killzone.
    Back to top Go down
    Archduke
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Final Boss, 5th Form
    Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:00 am

Alanski wrote:
    I completely disagree Teckno. With most 3rd party exclusives on each platform going multiplatform, next gen exclusive games will have to come from a 1st party studio. Exclusive games are a necessity. The main reason I bought a 360/PS3 were to play games like Halo and Killzone.

THIS. That's why I plan on being a multiconsole owner from now on.
    Back to top Go down
    Bluenose
    Founding Father
    Founding Father
    Bluenose

Stature : 264
    Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:48 am

Alanski wrote:

I'm not stating their will be a complete shift, but a little more focus on making the console its self stand out.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.g7gaming.net
    Pickles1337
    Grunt Leader
    Grunt Leader
    Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Poor 360 fags. Oh wait...
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Party Support   First Party Support I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Party Support
    Page 1 of 1