Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs

Go down 
+2
Mecha
2Sugoi2Die
6 posters

Which is better?
 Turn-based
 Real-time
View results
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Which system is better? Completely different gameplay styles but with a few shared common traits.
Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs Shigdigisafaggot

Turn-Based examples:
Final Fantasy
Persona
Disgaea
XCOM Enemy Unknown
The Last Remnant
Valkyria Chronicles

Real-time examples:
The Elder Scrolls
Borderlands
Demon's & Dark Souls
Kingdom Hearts
Nier
Fallout 3 & New Vegas

Note: Feel free to discuss and maybe even a debate (As long it reminds on topic and no one’s feelings get hurt).
Feel free to post other examples.
Please refrain from posting irrelevant shit such as spider-man for an example.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Where's the as long as the game is good, I don't care option?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 pm

I like 'em both but I prefer real-time. I'm impatient.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 pm

I like them both and worry more about execution, though if it means anything my favorite RPG is KOTOR.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 am

Like others said i like them both when they are well done. But i personally find real time more satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 am

I am fine with either one when they are done well, but I much prefer real-time usually. The only thing I hate is in games like Oblivion when NPC's on your side get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:43 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I am fine with either one when they are done well, but I much prefer real-time usually. The only thing I hate is in games like Oblivion when NPC's on your side get in the way.
lol Bethesda has never been very good at programming follower AI. They're almost as bad at that as they are at treating their fanbase well.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Both are really good, I chose real time symply because I have been playing them far longer. That being said, I just got Valkyria Chronicles and it is an awesome strategy game! Persona is also an amazing series.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 pm

turned based real time strategy action
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs   Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turn-based vs. Real-time RPGs
Page 1 of 1