Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis   Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis WiiU-logo
Quote :
In just a week, the problems Nintendo’s (NTDOY) new home console is facing have cascaded into something sinister. The traditional post-New Year slump hit Nintendo’s home market in the week ending January 12 and exposed cruelly how weak the consumer interest in Wii U truly is. According to Famitsu, Wii U sales slumped from a pace of 70,000 per week to just 21,000. The ancient PlayStation 3 sold the exact same number of units, which is nothing short of a debacle for Nintendo. The hot portable console 3DS saw its sales slow down from 305,000 units to 106,000 units. This means that Nintendo’s portable machine is now outselling the brand new home console by a 5-to-1 margin in Japan.

No matter how weak the Wii U sales are now, they are likely to get worse. The launch dates of key games seem to be slipping from March quarter to June quarter, including the important Pikmin, Wario and Wii Fit franchises. The Wii U now must depend on Rayman and Lego City in coming months.

This is a scary prospect, because it now seems that Sony (SNE) is planning to unveil the PlayStation 4 in May and Microsoft (MSFT) is expected to announce the Xbox 720 in June. Nintendo rushed its console out in late 2012 to get a running start before the big guns of the home console industry grab the consumer interest with their new machines. That gambit may now be about to backfire in a spectacular manner. As demand for Wii U is already fizzling in Japan and key games slip from the first quarter of 2013, Wii U faces a very hard January-March period. Sony and Microsoft are then inevitably going to start leaking information about their new consoles in April-May time frame in the run-up to their big unveilings in the second half of the spring quarter.
The clock is ticking for Wii U. If consumers start smelling the scent of the grave emanating from the console just when Sony and Microsoft roll out their new gear, Wii U could face a sudden rejection in the market place by early summer. Nintendo needs some big new titles to revive its home machine very soon.
http://news.yahoo.com/nintendo-wii-u-problems-turn-crisis-202924144.html
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis   Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Can't say I'm surprised.

Though, I do expect it to sell really well once a New Zelda, 3D Mario game and the new Super Smash Bros. release.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis   Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:57 pm

I had a feeling it would flop.

The whole "play on your tv screen and remote" gimmick is simply not as attention grabbing as the Wii's motion control revolution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis   Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:12 am

The sooner the better they produce a Zelda HD and a HD/3D perspective version of the Pokemon games that are on the 3DS.

Could imagine the amount of WiiUs' would sell if they had an 3D, open world Pokemon?
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis   Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 pm

YES! FUCK YOU Wii!!! DIE A HORRIBLE SLOW DEATH!

Now nintendo will be forced to come up with something not directed to children and boring housewives.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis   Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:24 pm

poor nintenyearolds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis   Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo’s Wii U Problems Turn Into A Crisis
Page 1 of 1