Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

If you could make a console.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

If you could make a console. Empty
PostSubject: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:27 am

Congrats you are now a billionair with a massive company filled with veterans to design hardware and software.

Your company is now making a complete new 8th gen console to compete with the big three. The console is guaranteed to become as popular at them however it is up to you whenever it'll get first or last place.

What you will need to choose is:

The name.
What demographic you will target.
Unique features you will market. (motion controls/online features/ect)
What type of games you will market.
Which developers you will purchase to make 1st party games.
What your launch games will be.
Which publishers you will make contracts with for special content.

So how will your console look?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 am

System name ORC

Demography: Adults primarily. The online experience will be split into 2 servers, family and 18+

Features Cross-platform multiplayer, solid MMO capabilities, Open source, Mod support, Dvd & Blu-Ray function, State-of-the-art graphics, Free online multiplayer, Achievement/trophy system, 3D interface with seamless online functions, App store.

Marketed games Open world games

Purchased developers Bethesda. Blizzard. Bioware. Acclaim. Rockstar. Neversoft. Ubisoft. LucasArts. Adeline Software. Revolution software. Turbine. Treyarch. and the rights to some Nintendo, EA, & Warner Bros owned franchises.

Release date: Q4 2013

Launch Price: Basic 1 game bundle: $399/£250 (includes all basic cables, 1xcontroller, 1xheadset, 1xgame of choice)

If you could make a console. ZuK4JNH

Last edited by Sawed-Off_Orc on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

If you could make a console. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 pm

The GamePod

A video game console built by Gamers for Gamers

Demographic: Gamers of all kinds. Weither you like Shooters, RPGs, MMO's, Fighting games, Platformers, or any kind of game, you will love it. Marketing this as the only gaming machine you would ever need.

Features: Openness. That's the biggest selling point of the console. it runs on PC architecture so anyone can develop for it. It will feature a ModCenter so that people can upload 3rd party mods for games that they like, or you can download them online and load them onto the console via USB drive. it will feature Blu-ray Drive, built in HDD or SSD depending on the SKU, etc. you can control any game with either a controller or Keyboard/Mouse. You can partition the HDD and boot Linux onto the Console if you would like. The console will have enough power to run almost any game at 1080p at 60 FPS.

marketed games: All kinds

Purchased devs: Lucid Games, Yager Development, Starbreeze Studios, Frictional Games, Nerve software, Superbot entertainment, United Front Games, and basically form a bunch of new studios.

(Only going after Independent Developers because buying a whole publisher can be expensive and I'm playing things realistically here.)

Purchased IPs: Kingdoms of Amalur, System Shock, STALKER, Turok, Blur,

Companies with exclusive deals: Crytek, Bethesda, EA, Warner Bros, Capcom, id, etc.

Exclusive launch titles: Timesplitters 4, Kingdoms of Amalur II, STALKER 2, new Turok game, Blur 2, new IPs.

Price: Base set: $400, Pro Set: $500

Last edited by Chobo on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 pm

^I am afraid my company owns Acclaim and therefore the right to Turok, hence the Turok HD remake
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

If you could make a console. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Your company doesn't exist in my universe I love you
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 pm

The name: Porus (don't really know why.)

What demographic you will target: Wide variety. Mostly the teenage-early adult demographic with some younger children sprinkled on top.

Unique features you will market: Robust online experience with day 1 digital releases of physical copies of games. Will try and embrace the indie-market and do its best to form a relationship with a dominant PC company (Steam, Blizzard, Mojang, etc.) 8GBs of RAM and some sort of PC friendly, easy to code chip. I want the console to be able to receive PC ports and create a bridge for PC-Porus exclusivity.

What type of games you will market:

New Kingdom Hearts trilogy
Elder Scrolls VI and an MMO with PC tie-in
Fallout 4 and an MMO with PC tie-in
Call of Duty (enter number here)
Battlefield (enter number here)
Grand Theft Auto VI (timed exclusive deal).
Final Fantasy Versus and upcoming games in the franchise
Metal Gear Solid 5 (timed exclusive deal).
Runescape

Purchased Developers: Kojima Productions, Mojang, Jagex, Epic Games

Launch Games: Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: MW4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metal Gear Solid 5

Which publishers you will make contracts with for special content: Rockstar, Activision, Square Enix, EA.

NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I DROWN IN MONEY/QUALITY
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

If you could make a console. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Name: Jack in the Box (cuz my name is Jack lol get it)
Demographic: Hardcore RPG lovers
Features:

• Modding of games. Users with PCs and modding skills would be able to use a corresponding mod kit provided with all first-party titles on the JIB (and some third-party titles) and upload those mods to a database which users on the console can then search through like an online store in order to find the proper mods. The entire installation process for these mods would be done by the console so the user would require no knowledge of mod installation.
  • Connectivity with many devices for many purposes, using Bluetooth. Want to use your phone's keyboard to type messages to your friends on console? You can use that phone as a keyboard. Want to use the touch screen on your phone as a mousepad to control the web browser? You can do it. Would you like to plug headphones into your cell or put it on speakerphone and use that as a mic? Certainly. And, if you'd like to play your iPod/iPhone over the JIB, you can connect it with Bluetooth and play it over your entertainment system speakers.
  • Run multiple apps at the same time. Want to record whatever is on your screen in 1080p? You can run that app and have it in the background as you play a game. Want to talk to friends using cross-game chat? Run the app whilst playing your game.
  • Custom online profile compatible with JIB-exclusive social network that allows users to track their progress in games, access official JIB forums, update their status, rate their games, follow their friends, create wishlists, and rank their favorite JIB titles, be they multiplats or exclusives.
  • Online store for downloading games; all JIB games will have digital versions. The store will also allow users to pay for digital games in installments. Don't have the $60 to buy a game immediately? You can pay a small fee for x amount of months, with a minimal APR (that can go down as you prove to be a loyal customer) in order to get the game. You'll ultimately end up paying more in the long-run but that's generally how these things work.
Games: WRPGs, sandbox games, shooters, JRPGs
First-Party Devs: Gearbox, 38 Studios (I'd re-form them), From Software, The Behemoth, Playdead, Platinum Games, Bizarre Creations
Launch Titles:

• New Kingdoms of Amalur title
  • Untitled monster survival IP - A third-person action-adventure game in which a city is being ravaged by a Godzilla-like monster and you have to go find your family on the other side of town. Fight off looters, sneak around the military installments that would keep you from doing insanely stupid shit for the sake of your family, and better yet, don't get eaten by the monster or his little babies. Basically Cloverfield: The Video Game in a sense.
  • New Platinum Games IP, exclusive to JIB
  • IGPX video game from Bizarre Creations
  • Borderlands 3, exclusive to JIB
  • New IP from Playdead; a full-length puzzle-platformer
  • Horror game in which you play as an evil demon whose powers are only strong when people are afraid of him. You stalk people, kill them, and you have to creatively make a display of them in some way to further scare your victims in an attempt to increase your powers.
Publisher Contracts:

• Electronic Arts would provide exclusive DLC to JIB users of EA titles, along with exclusivity of Mirror's Edge 2 and possibly a new Mass Effect trilogy
  • LucasArts would provide exclusive Star Wars games for JIB
  • Activision Blizzard would provide exclusive console ports for all future Blizzard titles
  • ZeniMax would offer exclusive DLC for JIB versions of their games (Doom, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.) along with JIB-exclusive Arx Fatalis and Dishonored sequels
  • Capcom would offer exclusive skins and stages for their fighting games along with skins, modes, weapons, etc. for hack n' slash titles

Last edited by TheCinemaJack on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:54 am

^

You say Lucasarts. If you really meant that you would revive both the Monkey Island and Grim Fandango franchises.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
The name: Porus (don't really know why.)

What demographic you will target: Wide variety. Mostly the teenage-early adult demographic with some younger children sprinkled on top.

Unique features you will market: Robust online experience with day 1 digital releases of physical copies of games. Will try and embrace the indie-market and do its best to form a relationship with a dominant PC company (Steam, Blizzard, Mojang, etc.) 8GBs of RAM and some sort of PC friendly, easy to code chip. I want the console to be able to receive PC ports and create a bridge for PC-Porus exclusivity.

What type of games you will market:

New Kingdom Hearts trilogy
Elder Scrolls VI and an MMO with PC tie-in
Fallout 4 and an MMO with PC tie-in
Call of Duty (enter number here)
Battlefield (enter number here)
Grand Theft Auto VI (timed exclusive deal).
Final Fantasy Versus and upcoming games in the franchise
Metal Gear Solid 5 (timed exclusive deal).
Runescape

Purchased Developers: Kojima Productions, Mojang, Jagex, Epic Games

Launch Games: Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: MW4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metal Gear Solid 5

Which publishers you will make contracts with for special content: Rockstar, Activision, Square Enix, EA.

NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I DROWN IN MONEY/QUALITY

I made the games lineup chart you asked for
I can definitely see this system worth paying $599 us dollars for

If you could make a console. P4YumTD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Name: Techzone

Demographic: Centered around the demographic of people who enjoy the social experience and freedom of PC gaming but prefer the comfort and easiness of traditional consoles.

Unique features: Mainly base the console around a social experience purely centered around a player community. Indie games will be a big focus with greenlight option where you can vote for your favorite indie games to be greenlit in the market place, appeal to the MOBA and MMO communities and create a hub which simulates the experiences of boards and forums.

Purchased developers: CD Projekt RED, Ska Studios, Human Head Studios, Techland, Croteam, The Behemoth, Robotoki, Raven Software, Black Rock Studios, Robot Entertainment.

Companies with exclusive deals: Riot games, 2K games, Namco Bandai, Warner Bros, Blizzard, Hasbro.

Notable exclusives:

Prey: Reborn (Prey 2 renamed)
Dead Island: Riftide
The Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Human Element
Serious Sam Trilogy (collection with enhanced graphics)
Serious Sam 4
Titan (Timed console exclusive)
Mortal Kombat sequel (Timed exclusive)
Castle Crashers sequel
New racing IP by Black Rock
My Little Pony platformer (Say what you want but bronies will eat this up)
Lot's of indie games

Notable launch titles:

Prey: Reborn
League of Legends
Dead Island: Riftide
Modern Warfare 4
The Elder Scrolls Online
The Witcher 3
Destiny
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Dragon Age 3
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

If you could make a console. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
^

You say Lucasarts. If you really meant that you would revive both the Monkey Island and Grim Fandango franchises.
Well that's not up to me, that's up to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could make a console.   If you could make a console. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could make a console.
Page 1 of 1