Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Spider-Man thread

Go down 
+21
ArchAngel
Franko
NoelX2
Orion
Mr Canai Spy
The Enkindler
Hydell
Orc
2Sugoi2Die
RamboOnRedBull
CleverCatchPhrase
The_Biotic_God
Chobo
yonny616
Bluenose
Stoney
Shigdig
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Mecha
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Oh god I am in hysterics right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrK61S_axCE

This is fucking hilarious
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:17 pm

@Lykos

I would hardly call it a fight. More like getting his ass kicked by Flash Thompson, who bullies Peter all the time.

Also just like how you said about Tobey acting like a dick was a one time thing, the same thing can be said about him be rebelling to teachers. See what I did there?

As for standing up to bullies, Peter was never afraid of Flash to begin with in the comics. Plus have you ever been socially awkward during high school? Because it sounds like you know a lot about being socially awkward.

These aren't actual criticisms. You're just looking to nitpick at Andrew because you can't stand when people criticize Tobey.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

lol how many threads have we had about this? Mecha, you're getting desperate for attention. Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 725796345

I agree with Lykos on the crane scene. Pretty freaking dumb.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm bored. And with Lykos around, there is always something to discuss about. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:41 pm

There are only two things to discuss for you. You try to spark debate with yonny over The Dark Knight Rises and with Lykos over The Amazing Spider-Man. And both times it ends with you being called a comic book elitist.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I think actual spiders are way more authentic then these wannabes. :nothingtodoher
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 pm

@Jack

And your point is? I actually enjoy these comic book debates. Yonny and I may not agree all the time, but we respect each other's opinions. Same for Lykos, despite the fact that I question his comic book knowledge at times.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Jack

And your point is? I actually enjoy these comic book debates. Yonny and I may not agree all the time, but we respect each other's opinions. Same for Lykos, despite the fact that I question his comic book knowledge at times.
Smells like elitism. All I'm saying is that I've definitely seen this thread before, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:12 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@Jack

Smells like elitism. All I'm saying is that I've definitely seen this thread before, lol.

Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 31497110
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:56 am

Mecha wrote:
@Lykos

I would hardly call it a fight. More like getting his ass kicked by Flash Thompson, who bullies Peter all the time.

Also just like how you said about Tobey acting like a dick was a one time thing, the same thing can be said about him be rebelling to teachers. See what I did there?

As for standing up to bullies, Peter was never afraid of Flash to begin with in the comics. Plus have you ever been socially awkward during high school? Because it sounds like you know a lot about being socially awkward.

These aren't actual criticisms. You're just looking to nitpick at Andrew because you can't stand when people criticize Tobey.

Getting his ass kicked by a guy he CONFRONTED. Peter is not confrontational in the comics until he's Spider-Man. What the bullies say might roll off his back but he certainly doesn't get involved with them to that extent to my recollection. And either way it makes him have no character because it's so inconsistent.

Tobey didn't rebel from teachers (though you could say he kind of did in the 3rd film when he's being cocky with Dr Connors...but by this point he's been corrupted by the venom symbiote thing and it is well after getting spider-man powers).

You don't seem to get it. The comics and films are both meant to present the same thing. A weak, nerdy, socially awkward yet intelligent guy in high school too scared to confront anyone or rebel suddenly gets bitten by a spider only to become this super powered being with spider powers, great strength and confidence. ASM muddles these things so pre-bite Peter may already be Spiderman for all you know.

Remember Honest Trailers? This quote rings so true: "Peter Parker was just an attractive, intelligent, likeable, atheletic, well dressed teenage LOSER"

Yeah I've been pretty damn socially awkward for a while for sure. But that's irregardless of what we're discussing. The point is that in ASM ^

People can criticize Tobey all they want. Give a fuck I do not.
Back to top Go down
JayMoore
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
JayMoore

Stature : 18
London

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:43 am

Mecha wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@Jack

Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 31497110
Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 Original
Be careful what you say on the internet, Mecha. Kevin Clash might be lurking.
But seriously.. can we all agree, regardless of who the better Spider-Man was (Tobey, obviously) TASM sucked massive amounts of shit?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 am

@Lykos

Obviously you do since every time people bash Tobey you bring up Andrew.

All Peter did was tell Flash to stop bullying that kid is all. No big deal. Now in that basketball scene however, that's when Andrew really confronted Flash.

As for the so called rebel, it was only in one scene. You know, kinda like how Tobey acted like a dick to Ben in that one scene.

Also stop lying to yourself, Andrew was a weak, nerdy, socially awkward, and intelligent kid in the beginning of the film and you know it.

BTW, Peter was good looking in the comics as well. Just look at all the girls he dated. MJ even said how handsome Peter was in the comics.

Be honest, you just don't like Andrew Garfield as an actor, and you're looking for ways too nitpick to make him look bad.

Last edited by Mecha on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am

I don't care for the comics, but to me, Andrew was the better Spiderman, by a long shot. So going into viewing TAS I had no fore knowledge of how the character was supposed to be, just a comparison to the Raimi films.
Back to top Go down
JayMoore
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
JayMoore

Stature : 18
London

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Lykos

Obviously you do since every time people bash Tobey you bring up Andrew.

Isn't he supposed to bring up Tobey and bash Andy since the subject of this thread is 'Who is the most faithful Spider-Man?' And shouldn't his opinions be followed by trolling and angry defensive arguments...? Much like your feeble defensive arguments when someone bashes the dude with the solar panel forehead? As you continue to discuss haircuts whilst you post bias mood boards/collages from various different Spidey illustrators. So why moan when he bitches about the bitch in TASM when you specifically created this thread for him to bitch? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm not talking about this thread. Lykos has every right to express his opinions as I do. I just simply disagree is all.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:22 pm

You do more than disagree. There legitimately is nothing more anyone can add to the debate. You debated down to comparing their hair styles. Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Lykos was the one who started the whole hair debate. Which proves my point that he'll find anything to nitpick about.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:29 pm

And you continued it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm

So?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Which means you're nitpicking right back.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:30 pm

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about do you? Cause if you do, I would like to know exactly what I'm nitpicking about.

Lykos was the one nitpicking about the hair. All I said was that's how he kinda looks in the comics. Don't believe me? Check out the first page and tell me who does Peter look more to you?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Cuz you're both talking about something as unimportant as hair. The only difference is that Lykos dropped the whole discussion while you keep bringing it up.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Spider-Man fired from The Avengers   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 am

Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 Superi10
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Bye, bye, and don't forget to write, Spidey.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:26 pm

He was rejected by the Justice League some time ago.
Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 34sl3lz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Spider-Man thread   Official Spider-Man thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Spider-Man thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next