Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! Empty
PostSubject: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! XQcSfRJ
Quote :
Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017.  The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

Marvel and Sony Pictures, and producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal conducted an extensive search for both the actor and the director.  The studios and producers were impressed by Holland’s performances in "The Impossible," “Wolf Hall,” and the upcoming "In the Heart of the Sea," and by a series of complex screen tests.  Following Marvel’s tradition of working with the brightest next wave of directors, Watts also went through multiple meetings with Feige, Pascal, and the studio, before winning the job.

Commenting on the announcement, Tom Rothman, Sony Pictures Motion Pictures Group Chairman, said, “It’s a big day here at Sony. Kevin, Amy and their teams have done an incredible job.  The Marvel process is very thorough, and that’s why their results are so outstanding.  I’m confident Spider-Man will be no exception.  I’ve worked with a number of up-and-coming directors who have gone on to be superstars and believe that Jon is just such an outstanding talent.  For Spidey himself, we saw many terrific young actors, but Tom’s screen tests were special.   All in all, we are off to a roaring start.”

Feige commented, “As with James Gunn, Joss Whedon, and the Russo brothers, we love finding new and exciting voices to bring these characters to life.  We spent a lot of time with Jon and find his take and work inspiring.”

Pascal added, “Sony, Marvel, Kevin and I all knew that for Peter Parker, we had to find a vibrant, talented young actor capable of embodying one of the most well-known characters in the world.  With Tom, we’ve found the perfect actor to bring Spider-Man’s story into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”

Sony Pictures will finance and release worldwide the next installment of the $4 billion Spider-Man franchise on July 28, 2017, in a film co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the Web-Slinger.

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.
http://marvel.com/news/movies/24758/sony_pictures_and_marvel_studios_find_their_spider-man_star_and_director

Looks like Tom Holland got the job, can't wait to see what he does with the character. As for the director, I don't think I've seen anything he's done.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 12:47 pm

I'd have been excited for him as the director, but knowing Marvel, they'll just force down their own agendas and not give him any significant control.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm okay with this. At least he looks like a Peter Parker, unlike all the other young actors who were considered for the role.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:34 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I'd have been excited for him as the director, but knowing Marvel, they'll just force down their own agendas and not give him any significant control.

Even though Marvel doesn't allow a whole lot of creative freedom, I think Jon Watts can perfectly execute the story.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:39 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Even though Marvel doesn't allow a whole lot of creative freedom, I think Jon Watts can perfectly execute the story.

He'll do well, but Cop Car is far from a perfect execution. It suffers from a predictable 3-act structure, along with questionable scenes that didn't work that well.

Why this would be "perfect" in execution, I don't know. It'll be good, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:44 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

He'll do well, but Cop Car is far from a perfect execution. It suffers from a predictable 3-act structure, along with questionable scenes that didn't work that well.

Because you got more tools to work with in big budget commercial movies?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

The higher the budget, the less a director does.

The budget goes to make the process more streamlined by hiring other people to do the demanding jobs for them.

Yet again, how this means that Watts will go from a flawed and inconsistent story into a "perfect execution," I do not know, but okay.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:06 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

The budget goes to make the process more streamlined by hiring other people to do the demanding jobs for them.

Yet again, how this means that Watts will go from a flawed and inconsistent story into a "perfect execution," I do not know, but okay.

I should have used my words more carefully next time. heh What I meant was I'm sure he will execute it well enough. Better than how Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World were handled anyway.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I should have used my words more carefully next time. heh What I meant was I'm sure he will execute it well enough. Better than how Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World were handled anyway.

Oh, I'm sure he'll execute it well enough. I think he has the potential to bring the story of Peter into giving a better insight to his point-of-view. I also think he'll do well as far as the performances go.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Oh, I'm sure he'll execute it well enough. I think he has the potential to bring the story of Peter into giving a better insight to his point-of-view. I also think he'll do well as far as the performances go.

The only thing that worries me is the Vacation writers though. ._.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

The only thing that worries me is Marvel, to be honest. I don't really trust them, at this point.

You never know, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:54 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

The only thing that worries me is Marvel, to be honest. I don't really trust them, at this point.

You never know, though.

Well Kevin Feige no longer answers to Marvel, so it's hard to know what will happen next? But hey, this has to be at least the best Spider-Man movie since Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2. Which Kevin Feige was involved in. Hence the Doctor Strange referenced.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

You never know, though.

Well Kevin Feige no longer answers to Marvel, so it's hard to know what will happen next? But hey, this has to be at least the best Spider-Man movie since Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2. Which Kevin Feige was involved in. Hence the Doctor Strange referenced.

As long as it isn't another TASM 2, I'll get excited. That entire movie was such failed potential. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the first one, I could easily see the potential for sequels in that reboot.... Aaaaand then Sony came in. -_-
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:29 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

You never know, though.

As long as it isn't another TASM 2, I'll get excited. That entire movie was such failed potential. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the first one, I could easily see the potential for sequels in that reboot.... Aaaaand then Sony came in. -_-

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=112638
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

You never know, though.

That moment when even Marvel couldn't save a Marvel property from Sony's hands...  DSP2
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 3:05 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

You never know, though.

That moment when even Marvel couldn't save a Marvel property from Sony's hands...  DSP2

I love the part where Marvel tells Sony not to have Aunt May in the kitchen. Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! 725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!   Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official: New SPIDER-MAN Cast!
Page 1 of 1