Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?

Go down 
+7
Hydell
Pickles1337
igame
Jack the Spectre
Stigma
Stoney
NoelX2
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? Empty
PostSubject: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Quote :
To say that the Call of Duty franchise is selling well for Activision is an understatement. The CoD juggernaut has had a firm lock on the FPS genre for the past couple of years, at least sales-wise.

What can Activision do to further profit from the genre? Aside from having four studios develop games for the Call of Duty franchise, looks like they’re planning on having another studio develop another FPS. The studio is Neversoft, whose last work has been for the Guitar Hero franchise.

Looking at Neversoft’s site, you can clearly see a plethora of job openings that are available. Notable ones are for a “Lead Multiplayer Level Designer,” and “Multiplayer Design Scripter: FPS.”

Both job ads do not disclose if this is for a new IP or for another Call of Duty. If it is indeed for another CoD, Neversoft will join Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software to be the fifth studio developing Call of Duty titles.

For those not familiar with Neversoft’s works, the studio is mostly known for the Tony Hawk skating series, and of course, the Guitar Hero franchise which they’ve worked on since 2007.

Is anyone up for more first-person shooters from the house of Call of Duty? Either way, looks like we’ll be getting more FPS action from Activision and with the CoD franchise selling like hotcakes and setting sales records, can you really blame them?

Oh boy i can't wait for ANOTHER generic first person shooter. Thats only the 20th this year!!! Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? 1443829230
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:41 pm

You gotta be kidding me!
Neversoft, Treyarch, whoever is working on MW3, Bungie, AND ALOT MORE ARE WORKING ON FPSs FOR ACTIVISION!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 pm

They will fail. Unless of course it has "Call of Duty" on the box. Kinda like Wii Sport and Wii Fitness. It will for it's name, not quality.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:59 pm

There's actually only been like 4 or 5 this year so far.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Only four or five generic shooters so far this year . . . in April? That's more than one generic shooter a month. Not good at all.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:19 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Only four or five generic shooters so far this year . . . in April? That's more than one generic shooter a month. Not good at all.

I wouldn't call Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, or Homefront "generic". Killzone 3 is pretty generic, but from what I played of the beta, it's still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Dude says Homefront isn't generic, then calls Killzone 3 generic lol
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:31 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I wouldn't call Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, or Homefront "generic". Killzone 3 is pretty generic, but from what I played of the beta, it's still pretty good.
You're the one who said there were four or five so far this year. I don't know which ones you were talking about. Homefront is kinda generic. Killzone 3 is a bit generic too.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 pm

igame wrote:

How is it generic?
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
igame wrote:

How is it generic?

It's a military FPS.

There's been 89 of those this gen.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
igame wrote:

How is it generic?

It's a military FPS.

There's been 89 of those this gen.

IS THAT IT? It's generic because it's a military FPS? Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:45 pm

yup.

I'm not saying it's bad(I haven't tried it) but it's not the most original game out there.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
yup.

I'm not saying it's bad(I haven't tried it) but it's not the most original game out there.

Yes, yes it is. It's got a Battle Point system so that you can spend BP in game to buy Rockets or drones or call in an airstrike. You can also spend BP to spawn in a vehicle or helicopter. And unlike shit like COD it's actually team based. Battle Commander is also original because in it as you build up a killstreak you get stars and your wanted level raises. As it does you get buffs and it shows your general location to enemies. Unlike what some idiot say, "herp derp cod ripoff" it's only similarities to COD are its controls. Multiplayer isn't anything like COD. It's more like battlefield style gameplay if anything. Also, you aren't fighting freaking Russians.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Just saying that first person shooters are overused and besides duke nukem forever and battlefield 3 i have no interests in any other announced FPS right now or some that are already out.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Rage looks pretty sick as well
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:48 pm

I'm with BlackStigma on this one, Homefront to me is probably the freshest and most original shooter since CoD 4, the online is just fantastic.

Killzone 3's online i really dont like.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Also, you aren't fighting freaking Russians.
No, but the premise of the game is illogical and unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:38 am

Ihsahn wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

No it isn't. It's actually pretty well thought out.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:22 am

resistance 3 looks awesome too..i don't get why people aren't including it
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:04 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You're right. A country with a smaller military would be able to invade and sustain itself in America.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You're right. A country with a smaller military would be able to invade and sustain itself in America.
You know if you would pay attention to homefronts story you would know that it took some hard work for korea and that it had multiple reasons why they took on USA so easy. A huge economic crisis is one of them.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:13 pm

I haven't played it. I'm going off the premise that is being advertised to me. North Korea invading and sustaining itself in America just sounds horribly illogical. I don't know what plot device could somehow change that. America's allies far outnumber Korea and South Korea DESPISES North Korea so why they would join together makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Waaiiit?

North Korea and South Korea teamed up? Yea that definitely doesn't make much sense.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Alanski wrote:
Waaiiit?

North Korea and South Korea teamed up? Yea that definitely doesn't make much sense.
Thats the only part were i was like WTF? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Alanski wrote:
Waaiiit?

Yup.

More original premise, but ultimately falls flat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?   Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activision Studio Neversoft Developing a New FPS.....SERIOUSLY?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next