Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title

Go down 
+8
Chobo
yonny616
Franko
NoelX2
Dam_Noir
Mecha
Orc
Stoney
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title Empty
PostSubject: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 am

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title Push_i10

Quote :
Activision seems quite serious with the Call of Duty franchise, as one of its internal teams (and various partners) is currently working on a Call of Duty title. So, Treyarch is working on Black Ops 2, there have been reports for Sledgehammer working on a Call of Duty title and now Neversoft, the team behind Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero, is working on the Call of Duty franchise.

Spotted by NeoGAFer ‘Holy Wars’, Neversoft is currently recruiting for a new, FPS title. The team is currently seeking for a Lead Multiplayer Level Designer, Lead Single-Player Level Designer, Level Designer, Master Technical Animator, Senior Concept Artist, Senior Environment Artist, Single Player Design Scripter and Sr. Level Designer.

Not only that, but we can clearly notice Call of Duty’s logo at the career’s page. And as the main page reads, Neversoft is ready to push the First Person Shooter genre in support of Activision’s Call of Duty franchise.

It’s pretty obvious that Neversoft is working on a brand new Call of Duty game. Our guess is that they might be co-working with Sledgehammer on the next Call of Duty title. After all, Sledgehammer worked with Infinity Ward for Modern Warfare 3, so a new collaboration with another studio from Activision seems likely.
http://www.dsogaming.com/interstitial.php?oldurl=http://www.dsogaming.com/news/neversoft-the-studio-behind-tony-hawk-guitar-hero-is-working-on-a-new-call-of-duty-title/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:02 am

neversoft has milked the GH & tony hawk games , so itll most likely be the same shit. the only good game theyve made is GUN.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 am

It has to be only a matter of tie before people get sick of this dreadful franchise ..... One can hope, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 am

shigdig wrote:
neversoft has milked the GH & tony hawk games , so itll most likely be the same shit. the only good game theyve made is GUN.

Firstly, COD's already been milked to the high heavens.

Secondly these guys were the masterminds behind 'GUN'. Arguably the greatest western game to date (Jack will disagree....noob that he is). And they never milked it, they only ever made one game (despite fans requests and even one little teaser in a Tony Hawk game). All they did aside from that was port the game to other systems.
Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title Gun-1

I'd say have a little faith in the studio. They might move the COD series into a whole new direction.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 am

How about no.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:30 am

They didn't milk gun because it didn't became as popular as tony hawk and guitar hero.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 am

Why take the COD franchise in a new direction when Copy & Paste = Profit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:50 am

Oh yeah. Lets make the studio, that milked Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero to high heaven, and make a new COD game. Yeah, that will end the milking issue of COD.

No. We have 2 devs working on COD. What will we have, 3 COD games every 2 years?

And GUN was mediocre at it's finest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Lykos wrote:
shigdig wrote:

Firstly, COD's already been milked to the high heavens.

Secondly these guys were the masterminds behind 'GUN'. Arguably the greatest western game to date (Jack will disagree....noob that he is). And they never milked it, they only ever made one game (despite fans requests and even one little teaser in a Tony Hawk game). All they did aside from that was port the game to other systems.
Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title Gun-1

I'd say have a little faith in the studio. They might move the COD series into a whole new direction.

firstly, yes, & who better to keep it going?

secondly, i acknowledged that, but they failed to actually make a sequel to their best game & chose to follow the money instead.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Gun was meh... Too short and small

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland was ok tho
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Franko wrote:
Gun was meh... Too short and small

That's how Lykos likes it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:55 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Oh yeah. Lets make the studio, that milked Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero to high heaven, and make a new COD game. Yeah, that will end the milking issue of COD.

No. We have 2 devs working on COD. What will we have, 3 COD games every 2 years?

Actually, it's 4 developers. Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer and now Neversoft.

They're working on the PS Vita CoD most likely.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:22 pm

yonny616 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Actually, it's 4 developers. Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer and now Neversoft.

They're working on the PS Vita CoD most likely.

well if you want to be specific, these are all the devs associated with COD

Infinity Ward
Treyarch
Sledgehammer Games
Raven Software
Gray Matter Interactive
Pi Studios
Spark Unlimited
Amaze Entertainment
Rebellion Developments
Ideaworks Game Studio
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:15 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

Oh really?
Despite its short length what does red dead redemption have that gun didn't have (and 5 years earlier too)?

Open world - check.
Emotional narrative and likeable characters - check.
Slow mo - check.
Horse riding - check.
Civilian killing - check.
Violence galore - check.

On top of that, GUN had a more interesting location. Sure it was smaller but it was also more distinctive and you have memorable spots. Red Dead...ehhh, aside from the cities there was nothing memorable about any of it.
GUN actually had more replayability to me because it wasn't a grind fest and actually had a decent checkpoint system. So I happily completed it a good 5 times or so as opposed to my measly single playthrough on Red Dead Redemption.
It also felt fresh and new and didn't just feel like a rehashed version of grand theft auto gameplay with a western theme.
The violence was superior too. Blowing people to bits never got old. Same with scalping your enemies.
Also you have more weapon variation on GUN.

So yeah, a game that did everything a AAA standard rockstar title does, but better, and 5 years before it is anything but mediocre. Either you've never played it or you got stuck on it and didn't get past the first mission. Diddums.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Lykos wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Oh really?
Despite its short length what does red dead redemption have that gun didn't have (and 5 years earlier too)?

Open world - check.
Slow mo - check.
Horse riding - check.
Violence galore - check.

On top of that, GUN had a more interesting location. Sure it was smaller but it was also more distinctive and you have memorable spots. Red Dead...ehhh, aside from the cities there was nothing memorable about any of it.
GUN actually had more replayability to me because it wasn't a grind fest and actually had a decent checkpoint system. So I happily completed it a good 5 times or so as opposed to my measly single playthrough on Red Dead Redemption.
It also felt fresh and new and didn't just feel like a rehashed version of grand theft auto gameplay with a western theme.
The violence was superior too. Blowing people to bits never got old. Same with scalping your enemies.

So yeah, a game that did everything a AAA standard rockstar title does, but better, and 5 years before it is anything but mediocre. Either you've never played it or you got stuck on it and didn't get past the first mission. Diddums.

Gun was meh... I would take red dead anyday
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Lykos wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Oh really?

Open world - check.
Slow mo - check.
Horse riding - check.
Violence galore - check.

I played it at a friend's house. It was meh. Nothing about it made me go "woah". But I thought the slow-mo sections were kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm

^
Played it at a friends house Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title 1443829230
So how long for? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?
Did you even get to learn the characters name? Did you even get past the tutorial? LOL
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:43 pm

For about an hour or less.

I forgot what the name was.

And yes I have.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Lykos, I have GUN, I loved it, but come on, RDR is sooooooooooooo much better, but then again, opinions and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Stoney wrote:
Lykos, I have GUN, I loved it, but come on, RDR is sooooooooooooo much better, but then again, opinions and all that jazz.

I wanted to believe RDR is better but my issues with it is

1.It had nothing more than GUN aside from a longer narrative, larger world and better graphics. So it didn't feel like anything new.
2.The world was less interesting. It was lovely to explore at first but the places were...well... realistic sure but too repetitive and not so exciting to explore.
3.You end up grinding too much, like with rounding up cattle and shit like that. Got repetitive gameplay-wise, so I had no motivation to re-complete it.
4.Felt like gta 4 with cowboys and horses.

I also preferred Colton White as a character too. He's a lot more likeable, had a great voice actor, etc.
The ending was also a lot more monumental and epic
Spoiler:
And also what I liked is you can return to your starting point in the game. You build that emotional connection to your character and you want to return and remember how it all started.... *nostalgic moment*

But yeah opinions and shizz. At least you played it and aren't just saying it's shit because you played 5 minutes at a friends house :areyoufuckingk
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Red Dead's ending was one of the more emotional endings I've ever had the chance to see.

Also, Lykos, you say that Red Dead Redemption is just GUN, but Red Dead is actually a sequel to Red Dead Revolver - a game that was released BEFORE GUN.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Chobo wrote:
well if you want to be specific, these are all the devs associated with COD

Infinity Ward
Treyarch
Sledgehammer Games
Raven Software
Gray Matter Interactive
Pi Studios
Spark Unlimited
Amaze Entertainment
Rebellion Developments
Ideaworks Game Studio
Well the ones that are actively developing it.
I also find it funny that this is a CoD thread and everyone's arguing about whether or not GUN was good.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Dammit yon! I was enjoying this.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Red Dead's ending was one of the more emotional endings I've ever had the chance to see.

But that's the problem isn't it... the ending. That's it. It wasn't well done... Crisis Core had the same concept for the ending and did it MUCH better with more build up to it with a cause and effect. It wasn't just thrown in there for the sake of it.

But thats beside my point. GUN was emotional throughout the game.
Spoiler:

Greg Jennings wrote:
Also, Lykos, you say that Red Dead Redemption is just GUN, but Red Dead is actually a sequel to Red Dead Revolver - a game that was released BEFORE GUN.

Well done Greg. Would you like to look through my library?
Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title Img_0612 Razz
I have played Red Dead Revolver extensively (as well as GUN and RDR) and have owned it for years. I even mentioned in another thread the ignorance of modern gamers that think Red Dead Redemption is a brand new IP.
I am comparing Redemption to GUN because Redeption is more in the same vein as GUN than Revolver. Revolver was more comical, caracature-ish and linear. Before you mention Call of Juarez I can whip out my copy of that too so be warned.

Anyway I'm comparing the best two Western games, so I chose GUN over Revolver.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't recall Red Dead Revolver being comical? But then again it's been years since I played it. Too bad the game is overshadowed by it's sequel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title   Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neversoft - the studio behind Tony Hawk & Guitar Hero - is working on a new Call of Duty title
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next