Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Halo game will be an MMO?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Next Halo game will be an MMO? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Next Halo game will be an MMO? Empty
PostSubject: Next Halo game will be an MMO?   Next Halo game will be an MMO? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Next Halo game will be an MMO? 20121110

Quote :
343 Industries is hiring, and it is looking for someone who can help it build “large scale distributed systems with a focus on scalability, reliability, serviceability, maintainability, and stability.”

Long-winded description aside, the Halo Game Services job listing is for a software engineer, and among the prerequisite experience listings is “experience in MMO development” noted in “ideal experience.”

Gamespot reminded us that when Ensemble Studios was shuttered, it was revealed the team had been working on a Halo MMO, codenamed both Titan and Orion which was canned in 2007.

The game had been in the works since as early as 1998, according to some accounts.

Could 343 be looking to scrape up the pieces or start afresh on a Halo MMO? Only it knows for sure at this point, but it sounds more tech than MMO to us, as 343 could just be looking for someone with experience in MMOs due to server issues, stability, or something less exciting and technical: “The Halo Game Services team is working on building the next generation of backend services to power Halo 4 and our new game saga.”

We’ll send a mail anyway.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Next Halo game will be an MMO?   Next Halo game will be an MMO? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Sounds really far fetched, halo's multiplayer has always been massive and community based, people with experience in MMO's are obviously very experienced with servers, balancing and community issues which is always good for halo's multiplayer experience.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Next Halo game will be an MMO?   Next Halo game will be an MMO? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:47 pm

It sounds fun to me. But I think a Mass Effect MMO would work better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Next Halo game will be an MMO?   Next Halo game will be an MMO? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 pm

im gonna enjoy grinding my elbow skills to the max. Next Halo game will be an MMO? 3128676713
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Next Halo game will be an MMO?   Next Halo game will be an MMO? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Please no....

Halo's universe DOES NOT work with an MMO style game. At all

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Halo game will be an MMO?   Next Halo game will be an MMO? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Halo game will be an MMO?
Page 1 of 1