Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine

Go down 
+2
Stoney
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 am

Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine Massef11

Quote :
Mass Effect 4 will officially run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine, according to a new blog post by BioWare Montreal studio director Yanick Roy. He also promises that it will be respectful of previous Mass Effect titles. So it won’t be a first-person shooter anything like that, we hope. Get more details below.

In his blog post on the official BioWare site, Roy confirms that BioWare Montreal is in charge of Mass Effect 4 development, although it will still be supported by the core Edmonton branch, headed up by Casey Hudson.

Roy also confirmed that Mass Effect 4 will incorporate many features developed by the Edmonton branch for Dragon Age 3, (please excuse the Google Translate French-English translation) “There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that it will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite acts as foundation, enhanced by many of the systems the Dragon Age III team has Already Spent a lot of time building.

“The other thing I can tell you Is that, while it will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both gameplay and story on the fronts.

“You can still expect the pillars for the deductible is known to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling.”

The studio is now hiring for the project, and we’ll be keeping our eye on the job listings for new information.

The news follows BioWare Montreal confirming to VG247 that the next hero of Mass Effect will not be ‘Shepard 2′, but a very different person. Check out the details here:

Mass Effect 4 star: ‘we don’t want Shepard 2′ – BioWare.

Thanks OXM.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm

Another linear action shooter then? eye roll
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Stoney wrote:
Another linear action shooter then? eye roll
What makes you think that?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Simply slapping frostbite 2.0 on every EA game doesn't make it good.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 pm

I really hope it's not a prequel. And the problem is, it has to be a prequel.

If the mass relays are destroyed, how the hell is the galaxy interact? And I don't want a prequel because I feel it would feel like a rehash. (now you play as the protheans, stop teh reapers!) AND I don't want a game based on the rachni, krogan, first contact wars either because I'd feel the scope and the gravity of things won't be as big as fighting the reapers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Teckno wrote:

If the mass relays are destroyed, how the hell is the galaxy interact? And I don't want a prequel because I feel it would feel like a rehash. (now you play as the protheans, stop teh reapers!) AND I don't want a game based on the rachni, krogan, first contact wars either because I'd feel the scope and the gravity of things won't be as big as fighting the reapers.

The relays aren't destroyed. It's stated in the epilogue that they will be rebuilt.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Meh. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

The relays aren't destroyed. It's stated in the epilogue that they will be rebuilt.

If the relays aren't destroyed, then how are they being rebuilt? lol.
Also, I don't get how the galaxy has enough technological insight to replicate the Mass Relay's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

If the relays aren't destroyed, then how are they being rebuilt? lol.
Also, I don't get how the galaxy has enough technological insight to replicate the Mass Relay's.

You see them being rebuilt in the Control/Synthesis endings by the Reapers.

For the Destroy ending, it's implied by Hackett that while it will take longer, they can eventually rebuild everything. The Protheans were building their own prototype relay back in ME1. It shouldn't take long for the same engineers who constructed the Crucible to replicate that technology. And if all else fails, there's like a billion Reaper corpses they can salvage resources off of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine   Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 4 will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine
Page 1 of 1