Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:24 pm

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/27/the-phantom-pain-and-ground-zeroes-are-metal-gear-solid-v-coming-to-playstation-3-and-xbox-360/

Quote :
In a panel at GDC today, Hideo Kojima released a brand new trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, which began with recognizable footage from Ground Zeroes, but then continued into footage from The Phantom Pain.

Once the trailer ended, it was revealed that The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes combined equal Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which stars Snake after he wakes up from a 9 year coma.

A few more details revealed that it is open world, the beginning of the game where Snake wakes up is an on-rails tutorial, Kiefer Sutherland voices Ishmail, and the game is scheduled to come to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, although it was shown running on PC.

If any more interesting details come to light, we’ll be sure to let you know, as well as update you with the trailer once it’s live.

Update: Here’s the trailer:

Holy fuck!!! Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain 409191096 Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain 409191096 Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain 409191096
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm

No David Hayter. That's just not right even though Richard Doyle was awesome in MGS4 as Big Boss. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm

No David Hayter, gay.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 pm

That was overwhelming, it looks epic. I spotted Kaz and Big Boss and maybe Psycho Mantis but clueless about the rest, is Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain separate games then? I hope we get a metal gear game set after MGS4 though with a new spy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:14 pm

i came
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:11 pm

So, after scouring the internet, NeoGaf etc, and reading David Hayter's tweet about not even been contacted in regards to MGS:V, my excitement is all but gone and all I feel is disgust. Akio Ōtsuka, the guy who voices Snake/Big Boss in Japan, IS BACK FOR MGS V so it's not like they're changing VA's to give BB his own personality/character, or the game takes place during different timelines and we'll see a young Solid voiced by Hayter.

Ōtsuka is already in the studio doing voiceover, so this all but confirms that Kojima have ditched Snake, not ditched Hayter, they've ditched Snake.

And to top it off, Richard Doyle isn't even voicing older BB, it's FUCKING KEIFER SUTHERLAND. Fuck off Konami, fuck off Kojima.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Stoney wrote:
So, after scouring the internet, NeoGaf etc, and reading David Hayter's tweet about not even been contacted in regards to MGS:V, my excitement is all but gone and all I feel is disgust. Akio Ōtsuka, the guy who voices Snake/Big Boss in Japan, IS BACK FOR MGS V so it's not like they're changing VA's to give BB his own personality/character, or the game takes place during different timelines and we'll see a young Solid voiced by Hayter.

Ōtsuka is already in the studio doing voiceover, so this all but confirms that Kojima have ditched Snake, not ditched Hayter, they've ditched Snake.

And to top it off, Richard Doyle isn't even voicing older BB, it's FUCKING KEIFER SUTHERLAND. Fuck off Konami, fuck off Kojima.

lol. it rubbed me wrong too.

not sure if its enough to keep me from buying it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain   Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 is both Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain
Page 1 of 1