Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft

Go down 
+5
ArchAngel
Archduke
ghost23
Orc
Stigma
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Quote :
If you're anything like me, you are more than a little let down by how frigid your relationship with Kinect has been lately. The wonderful motion sensing gadget seems to have led to more interesting hacks and YouTube videos than actual, you know... games. There was a great lineup of 17 games when we met, then a Dance Central marathon later and you rarely make eye contact.

Well, Microsoft is planning to warm the Kinect up later this year, said Microsoft Xbox 360 Product Manager David Dennis to Joystiq.

"As we sat there and looked at it we realized we've got a lot of games coming and we're going to show a lot of them at E3," Dennis said.

Microsft also reiterated the increase of Kinect games in a recent press release, promising to triple the size of the Kinect library by the end of 2011.

With 26 current Kinect games, and 26 more on the way, that means that there is another 26 that have yet to be announced. That's one helluva release schedule.But this doesn't mean Microsoft Game Studios is abandoning the core gamers.

"We would certainly never leave that audience behind," Dennis said. "So for us and for Phil [Spencer] and the folks over at MGS, it's not about depriorizing one or the other. It's about how we go big on any and all: Go big on Kinect games; go big on core games."

For now though, we will have to wait till E3 to see how deep the core and Kinect plans go.

"We certainly expect to have a big E3 and we're saving a lot of our cards until then," Dennis said.

HELLO WE ALREADY HAVE 10 FUCKING KINECT GAMES FOR 2011 AND ONLY ABOUT 4 360 CONTROLLER EXCLUSIVE SO HOW ABOUT TRIPLE THE FUCKING AMOUNT OF KINECT EXCLUSIVES AND TURN IT IN TO CONTROLLER EXCLUSIVES. :ultracry: :ultracry: :ultracry: :ultracry: :ultracry: :ultracry: :ultracry: :ultracry:
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah it sucks, but maybe some of those games can be played with either Kinect or a controller.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Shit I should sell my wii and just get kinect haha
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Some of the games are genuinely interesting. Child of Eden is one of them and hopefully there will be some cool stuff at E3
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:12 pm

most of those games are multiplatform. Who the fuck cares about kinect anymore? It's boring and has no great games to play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Pretty cool I guess.im very interested in seeing what MS have in store for E3
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:42 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
most of those games are multiplatform. Who the fuck cares about kinect anymore? It's boring and has no great games to play.

So it's like the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:00 pm

its great news if youre a fag
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I got a Kinect Razz Hell it's the only reason I turn my xbox on anymore, besides the Gears beta that Stigma gave me.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Uhhhhhh....I like my controller instead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:04 am

ghost23 wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:

So it's like the PS3.

PS3 actually has good games to play.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:05 am

ghost23 wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:

So it's like the PS3.
No, its like your mom.

But seriously dude, shut up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:47 am

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:

So it's like the PS3.
No, its like your mom.

But seriously dude, shut up.

Like grass. Oh wait.

IT HAS NO GAMES. PS3 SUCKS HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:41 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I got a Kinect Razz Hell it's the only reason I turn my xbox on anymore, besides the Gears beta that Stigma gave me.

It's really that good?

Doesn't it get a bit tedious, having to use your hands? Even the wii's pissing me off, having to move the controller around. I'm a traditional gamer, I like to stick to controllers with analog sticks and buttons.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:32 am

Lykos wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

It's really that good?

Doesn't it get a bit tedious, having to use your hands? Even the wii's pissing me off, having to move the controller around. I'm a traditional gamer, I like to stick to controllers with analog sticks and buttons.

I barely play it Razz I play it with friends and that is it. But other than that my xbox hasn't been turned on XD
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:38 am

3x more shovelware. Hurrah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:51 am

Teckno wrote:
3x more shovelware. Hurrah!
My thoughts lol....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft   Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinect Library to Triple by End of Year, Says Microsoft
Page 1 of 1