Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite console/platform/system of all time

Go down 
+7
Archduke
The Enkindler
Bluenose
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Orc
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Favourite console/platform/system of all time Empty
PostSubject: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:05 pm

This thread was made a year and a half ago. Let's see if your views have changed since.

For me if I had to pick one it would be PC because of
*Heroes of Might and Magic
*The Broken Sword
*Twinsen's Odyssey
*Grim Fandango
*GUN
*Bully
*The Elder Scrolls Oblivion
*Mass Effect

Although I like the user friendly interface and controls of consoles like Xbox 360 which has all of the latter 4 games I mentioned.

And of course PSP needs a mention because it home of my favourite; grand theft auto, sims, final fantasy, metal gear solid and tony hawk games. The former two being among my favourite games of all time.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Favourite console/platform/system of all time R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 pm

GameCube. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Favourite console/platform/system of all time XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Yeah, my favorite is still the Nintendo 64.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:02 pm

PS2.

TOO MANY GAMES.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Mecha wrote:
GameCube. Nuff said.

Bully is the only advantage ps2 had over Gamecube in my opinion. Gamecube had some of the greatest games last generation. It especially shone in multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:31 pm

I have so many great memories with the GameCube. It's just the best gaming experience I ever had. Whoever denies the GameCube's greatness obviously never owned one.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:36 pm

The GameCube was pretty dope.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Playstation 2 for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 pm

My views haven't changed at all.

PS1 all the way:

Abe's Oddysee
Abe's Exoddus
Medievil
Medievil 2
Spyro series
Crash Bandicoot series
Fighting Force
Dragon Valor

Nuff said...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Nintendo 64. Super Mario 64 and Star Fox 64 FTW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 am

Still Dreamcast for me
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:36 am

I have to go with PS1.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:04 pm

PS2. Greatest platform for music games. Perfect arcade ports of DDR (Japanese versions at least), Pump it Up Exceed, Beatmania, Pop'n Music, etc. Birthed Guitar Hero. It even had a not so arcade perfect In The Groove port (tech wise). lol Eh, at least they actually managed to port the Stepmania engine to the PS2 (a miracle). Greatest music peripheral support. I love my Blueshark metal pad. Closest thing to an arcade machine in the house... besides an actual arcade machine in the house. lol

I was such a music game junkie last gen. lol Still use my PS2 primarily for these games. :V
Back to top Go down
Jarmuh
Background Character
Background Character

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
PS2.

TOO MANY GAMES.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Cerna, I'm not sure the birth of guitar hero is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 pm

My opinion has actually changed since I last posted here. I have to say, the SNES took over as my favorite platform, with the N64 coming in second.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:12 pm

SNES is awesomesauce. I played a few hundred Snes games via PSP. Was well good.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Oh yes. I remember how the PSP has homebrew. Not sure if Vita has it as well?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 am

Mecha wrote:
Oh yes. I remember how the PSP has homebrew. Not sure if Vita has it as well?

Not sure. To my knowledge Sony have cracked down on this kind of stuff, like with PSPGo it was impossible to get any homebrew or hack it (at least with ease) for the first few years (although some fucker managed to hack it within the first week or so of its release....with a difficult process though).

I'm guessing in time it will have this as well. Till then, the PSP is still the best handheld ever because it is a GB, GBC, GBA, SNES, PSX, ATARI, COMMODORE 64, GAMEGEAR, NEO GEO, DOS, SEGA GENESIS, SEGA SATURN with compatibility with some DS games, some PC games and some N64 games.

Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Gamecube

Best game library ever. Also very nostalgic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite console/platform/system of all time   Favourite console/platform/system of all time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite console/platform/system of all time
Page 1 of 1