Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year Empty
PostSubject: Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year   Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 pm

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-lost-limbo-deal-because-it-wanted-ip-rights

Quote :
Speaking at the Develop Conference in Brighton last week, Sony Computer Entertainment executive producer Pete Smith admitted that the company was in talks with Danish studio Playdead about releasing Limbo exclusively on PSN. Talks broke down, however, after Sony insisted on retaining IP rights as part of the deal.

The revelation came at the close of a thorough breakdown of the dos and don'ts of pitching games to publishers. "I maybe shouldn't say this, but we had issues when we were trying to sign Limbo because of the IP," Smith said. Playdead then signed a deal with Microsoft that saw its game released in July 2010 on Xbox Live Arcade, and on PSN and Steam a year later.

Look, Sony, I get why you do this. You don't want to lose valuable IP's the way you lost Crash and Spyro. But come on Sony, you don't have to own the IP to every single game you publish.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year   Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Microsoft could sure use that type of strategy. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year   Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:12 am

"Brighton"

Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year 2505020059

Gay city!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year   Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Limbo was an XBLA exclusive for a year
Page 1 of 1