Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Import video games tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Import video games tips StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Import video games tips Empty
PostSubject: Import video games tips   Import video games tips I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Just gonna throw a few tips on importing video games and different regions.

Region Code
It isn't a issue for PS3. PSP and most Nintendo DS titles but can be a problem for the Xbox 360 and Wii.
Some US Xbox 360 games like Halo: Reach don't have region protection and can be played on any Xbox 360 while the limited edition version does have region lock... So do some research first.

Do Xbox 360 games from Japan or Asia works on US/PAL/whatever consoles?
Well from what I know all Japanese (JAP) games are region lock but if a game gets an Asian (ASIA) release then the ASIA release are usally region free. The other way around it if you buy a Japanese Xbox 360.

What about Xbox 360 games from Europe?
No idea hun.

About the Wii?
Every single Wii game I know of are region locked including the ASIA versions. If you live in Australia guess what? Wii Games from europe should work because they use the same region coding PAL... This also counts for PS2 games

DSi Enhanced?
I'll try to makes this clear. DSi Enhanced games will work on any ORGINAL and LITE DS handheld from any country but if you buy a DSi Enhanced game from europe and try playing it on your US DS'i' it will not work because of the region coding on DSi consoles/DSi Enhanced games.

Different Language
When Japanese games gets an Asian release in some cases they will feature English subtitles for example the Chinese version of Final Fantasy XIII have Japanese and Chinese voices and English subtitle options. Some JAP/ASIA games do come with a english manual explaining the game controls.

Buying
Finding a game on ebay is pretty easy but can you trust the seller? Well make sure you read the sellers feedback and also compare prices to other sellers so you're not getting ripped off. Beware some sellers can totally f**k you over when it comes to packaging. Not using any bubblewarp and just put it in a piece of paper may result of a broken game case and damage disc... and you prob won't get your baby greens back. Make sure you ask the seller about postage especially when it comes with limited edition of games that come in boxes. There are legit sites like Play-Asia that sells games from different regions and offer all different sorts of postage and handhelding and also combine packages.

Fake games
I guess these only apply for DS games. Here is a nice video.

Well I hope this help some of you out there. If you have any tips of your own please post them :)
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Import video games tips   Import video games tips I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Didnt know most ASIA games are region free.
Oh and not all japanese 360 games are region locked. Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda 2, Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets Combo Pack, Eschatos, and Virtual On Force. Just letting ya'll know!
And you can get something called a Freeloader for your Wii. Here is a video...

But it doesnt work for 3.3 and up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Import video games tips StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Import video games tips   Import video games tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 am

Ahh I might have to look into those. Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Import video games tips   Import video games tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:19 am

I bought a game of PlayASIA and it said NTSC as opposed to PAL but it works fine on xbox. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Import video games tips   Import video games tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Import video games tips
Page 1 of 1