Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Views of Dragon Age II

Go down 
+5
Franko
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
Pein
Orc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Views of Dragon Age II Empty
PostSubject: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 am

The demo has been out for a while now. I'm sure a lot of you have played it and therefore now have an opinion of the game.
What do you like, dislike about it and what does it need?

The woman in the opening cutscene of the demo's voice acting was as bad as Bolo Santosi from Just Cause 2 lol
But that's not my complaints. I think it had very underwhelming visuals, better than the first games, yes, but for the gameplay style it should look much nicer. Though the character models are good.

My main complaints though:

Sloppy combat. First of all the movement is composed of just one walking speed. wtf, this is not last gen!! Then you can't just leave combat, you have to continue.

Then outside of combat the movement is so irritating, the guy runs like a retard!

The interface is very dated and looks like something you'd get on an xbox live indie game.

Then there's the fact that it's ridiculously linear!!!!

IMO, this game sucks. Sorry to say it. I liked the first, I really did. But it had plenty of flaws. This game has plenty more.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:10 am

just beat the game.the voice acting is awesome..casandra's voice is a bit weird but all the other characters are pretty good..
if you didn't liked the first one,you will probably not like this one either,but if you liked the first one,you will love this..to me the game was amazing,it was shorter than origins but longer than mass effect 1 and 2..i thought the story was awesome and the characters,and the gameplay was fun..
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 pm

It's a demo, how can you tell that it will be linear?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't think DA2 will be the best WRPG ever. But I don't see how you can hate it. It's a pretty good RPG and the demo was pretty fun.

I also agree with Stoney, I don't think you can judge the linearity of a game based off of a demo. This is why many RPGs try not have have game demos. The baseline RPG experience can't be represented with a demo. You can't even customize your character in DA2. The ME2 demo worked well because you can carry over your progress to the full game.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 pm

DA2 Demo sucks. One button is pretty much used thought out the whole demo
and thats X (or A for Xbox)
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I played the demo on PC, and I liked the combat :)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:17 am

Views of Dragon Age II 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:22 am

^^^

Why did you facepalm your own thread?
Back to top Go down
XenoTorment
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
XenoTorment

Stature : 0
America
Playing : Fanboys

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:19 am

I thought the combat was leaps and bounds better then DA:O, The dialogue overhaul is also a big improvement, The graphics still aren't "amazing", but they are a huge improvement over DA:O's. I came away satisfied from the demo, It looks to be a good sequel.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 am

Well looks like people agree with me.
Metacritic user score: 30/100
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 am

Lykos wrote:

lol, you should see the hate the game is getting from fans of the original. BioWare forums is raging. Although I liked the demo and will be buying DA 2 tomorrow, just because of the way they changed it, it's like Mass Effect in a fantasy setting. But some people don't like change.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Views of Dragon Age II XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Lykos wrote:
People don't agree with you. They are just resistant to change, even if it's not bad change.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:02 pm

I kinda agree with them, but it's more so the fact that Bioware sucks. They remind me of Rockstar.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Views of Dragon Age II XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
I kinda agree with them, but it's more so the fact that Bioware sucks. They remind me of Rockstar.
GTFO.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Ihsahn wrote:

Ya, a big "fuck you" to you pal.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:18 pm

That is very uncharacteristic of you. You're supposed to call me a troll and then I deny it.

Consistency, dood!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:44 am

Ihsahn wrote:
That is very uncharacteristic of you. You're supposed to call me a troll and then I deny it.

Consistency, dood!

To mainstream for ya, hipster? Razz

That's Rockstar, BioWare and Bethesda you think suck. You crazy!
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah I'm about to abandon my views on Nintendo. They're way too popular.

Fucking mainstream trash.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:48 am

Just started it and I'm loving it. Quality game, BioWare. Views of Dragon Age II 3128676713
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Views of Dragon Age II   Views of Dragon Age II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Views of Dragon Age II
Page 1 of 1