Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty

Go down 
+7
Franko
Archduke
NoelX2
Mecha
yonny616
Hydell
The Enkindler
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty Empty
PostSubject: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:09 am

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty Milking_cow_6
Quote :
Sledgehammer Games is developing a new Call of Duty game, a job listing for the developer has confirmed.

The job ad, which is posted on the studio's website, reveals that Sledgehammer is looking for a Senior FX Artist to help "create the most exceptional real-time effects with hyper realism for [its] next Call of Duty game".

The ad also asks that the candidate has "solid professional experience and knowledge of the limitations and performance of current generation hardware (360, PS3)," suggesting that the game may be intended for current-generation consoles.

Sledgehammer Games collaborated with Call of Duty 4 developer Infinity Ward on last year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

And it did a good job, too. Martin called Modern Warfare 3 "a resounding success" when he took a look at it last year.

Prior to Modern Warfare 3, Sledgehammer had been developing a third-person Call of Duty spin-off. It's not known whether this "next Call of Duty game" is a return to that project or a brand new first-person shooter.

Last year, Sledgehammer boss Glen Schofield said that he'd like to make "at least one more first-person shooter", adding that he would "definitely, 100% work with Infinity Ward again".

Infinity Ward, though, is currently developing an unannounced title for next-generation platforms.
Mooooo, Mooooo MW4 Mooooo, Mooooo 2013 Mooooo, Moooooooooooooo...

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/cod_mw3/news/confirmed_sledgehammer_developing_a_new_call_of_duty.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 am

Once again, we all knew this was happening. Hopefully it ends up like MW3... not seling as much as hoped.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:45 pm

I was going to post this yesterday, but I said to myself, "Is this even news?".
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 pm

yonny616 wrote:
I was going to post this yesterday, but I said to myself, "Is this even news?".

lol same. Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty 725796345
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Woot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:29 pm

HOORAY! MOAR CODZ GAEMS WITH SHITTY ONLINE MP AND BAD FRAMERATES!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Woot 14 Call Of Duty games...
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Omg I can't wait, this game is gonna be so much fun. Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty 1411946719
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:28 pm

C'mon Pizzy they are trash talking your franchise....better step up n represent!
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Bring it on, Pizzy, let's see how you defend this cow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Moo! Moo! Moo! MOO! MOO! MOO! MOO! MOO! MOO!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Who cares? They only milk it because people buy into it. So I'm sure a lot of people are happy about this. Call of Duty games are never terrible, so I don't see why you guys are complaining. Get over it.

I do hope that it's not Modern Warfare 4, given all that happened in Modern Warfare 3. Plus MW3 was the perfect end to an awesome trilogy of games. It's about as necessary as Halo 4.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty Aba_display
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty 3TGK
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:14 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Who cares? They only milk it because people buy into it. So I'm sure a lot of people are happy about this. Call of Duty games are never terrible, so I don't see why you guys are complaining. Get over it.

I do hope that it's not Modern Warfare 4, given all that happened in Modern Warfare 3. Plus MW3 was the perfect end to an awesome trilogy of games. It's about as necessary as Halo 4.

He's talking about the campaigns people, which are actually fairly good.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:35 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

😡 😡 😡 😡
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm sorry, but the Halo 3 ending was fine. Halo 4 is just more milkage.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:48 pm

^ Wait, you're telling me that continuing on Halo 3's Cliffhanger is "more milkage", but when COD 4 ends with a solid ending chapter, it makes for an "awesome trilogy"?

If anything, the Modern Warfare series should've have ended with the first one.

But then again, why end with a good closure, when you can just make infinite endings that makes for an "awesome trilogy" eye roll

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Halo 3 had no cliffhanger ending. Chief pew pews all the aliens and floats off into space, going into cryosleep.

The terrorist in Call of Duty 4 was still at large and by the end of the third one they got him. And damn was it satisfying.

Both trilogies had fine endings. Halo 4 keeps going and everyone is excited despite it looking no different from Halo 3/Reach. But at the possibility of a Modern Warfare 4, everyone is up in arms.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Halo 3 had no cliffhanger ending. Chief pew pews all the aliens and floats off into space, going into cryosleep.

The terrorist in Call of Duty 4 was still at large and by the end of the third one they got him. And damn was it satisfying.

Both trilogies had fine endings. Halo 4 keeps going and everyone is excited despite it looking no different from Halo 3/Reach. But at the possibility of a Modern Warfare 4, everyone is up in arms.

Halo 3 ending had them floating towards that forerunner planet with ominous and suspenful music playing, that is textbook cliffhanger.

CoD 4 had you kill Zakhaev and save the day, Makarov wasn't even in the game in any shape or form and was just pulled out of thin air to give MW2 a villain. Basically they disregarded the entire story of CoD 4 in MW2, somehow the ultranationalists have taken control of the government despite you killing them in CoD 4.

TBH both franchises should have rest in peace after Halo 3 and in CoD's case CoD 4, there is no need for MW2 or MW3 its pure milkage of this modern shooter america is dominate wank fest that seems to saturate FPS right now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 am

This game was already announced since MW3.

And honestly TRF if halo 4 completely reinventing it's multiplayer, enemies and weapons is the same to you. Then i'd honestly do not see what game would satisfy you....
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:26 am

lol new weapon and enemy skins is not reinvention.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

1. New games modes
2. Faster-paced Gameplay
3. Custom Classes
4. Story in MP
5. New Rank System
6. New Currency system
7. new Assassination system
8. Ordnance drop
9. Connection between MP, Spartan Ops, Campaign.
10. New Armor Abilities
11. Weapon Skins
12. "Perk abilities"
13. Specialization
14. New MP HUD System
15. Instant Respawn System
16. New Vehicles
17. New weekly episodic episodes
18. Regicide
19. In-game "pause menu" to change your loadouts during gameplay
20. Join games in-progress
Etc.

Call Of Duty: Kill Confirmed... :alone:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:25 am

Oh wow, new assassination animations and a few new abilities. When Call of Duty adds that little, no one gives a shit amirite.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 am

> Talk about assassinations
> Ignore everything else
???
PROFIT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty   Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sledgehammer developing a new Call of Duty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next